Darklight (Beta v3) release - UPDATE 4-25-12

That did it,  Thx!!!

Update for SMP version (5-16-12), see first post.

Thank you very much for your update , Tin :smiley: :smiley:

I have already done a download . When there is some time I’ll enjoy your work.

HI Tin,

Another question for you about folder thumbnails.  For my home photos and videos I have co-mingled them by Year folders , example below.    When I use the PHOTOS view, the folder icons don’t appear proper.   Using 200x300 works great for the VIDEOs view.     Is there an ideal thumbnail resolution that works for both?

HOMEALBUM

folder.jpg

folder.jpg

Christmas

folder.jpg

Halloween

folder.jpg

@dsmith88,

No, there’s no folder icon that works for both and I don’t recommend mingling you videos and photos in the same folder.  For one thing you can’t play videos when you looking a photos and you can’t look at photos when you play videos so there is no reason to have them in the same folder.  And another thing, you have less control over how they are displayed.

You should seperate your home videos and photos into seperate folders like this:

Home Videos (folder)

folder.jpg

1999 (folder)

folder.jpg

Christmas (folder)

folder.jpg

Home Photos (folder)

folder.jpg

1999 (folder)

folder.jpg

Christmas (folder)

folder.jpg

Okay, Tim, I’ve download the theme to my desktop and copied it to a “console” folder on my Hub.  What do I do next?  Your assistance is appreciated.

Bill

Themes dont into the ‘console’ folder on the Hub.

They go into the ’ theme’ folder.  Extract the zipped theme, then upload it to you Hub … eg.

G:.wd_tv\theme

(if you cant see the .wd_tv folder then you must  enable View hidden files and folders on your PC)

Thank you for the instructions.  I was able to apply the theme in flawless fashion.  I love the theme.  I didn;t encounter any bugs at all.

Kudos!!!

Hi

What I need to do with TG Lite Dark template?
I have not found a guide who explains it: (

Just Copy in Themes folder?

Thx 4 help

See this here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Video-Tutorials-nOOb-Centeral/m-p/283846/highlight/true#M4559

This is a tutorial for my MOJO theme, but the setup is the same.

Can this theme or any other hub them be use with a WDTV LIVE PLUS? If so, How do I go about doing that?

No

(Themes are designed to work with Hub and Smp Firmware)

Hi TW

This Theme is ridiculously gorgeous!

I have a question though. Is it possible to not have a backdrop for each moviesheet and the movie info pages? This is probably a matter of preference but I find it a bit too busy when an image is used as the backdrop for the moviesheet and would much rather just have the dark clouds in the background all the time and not have it change to be movie specific.

Is this something that I would be able to do?

Yes you can disable the backdrop, by opening the “rv_gallery_browse_page.xml” in the theme and adding the lines in green

<?xml version=“1.0”?>

<page background=“./image/RV-BG.jpg”>

<image image=“image/keyboard_mask_bg.png” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” bg=“1” disable=“@@disable- thumbnail-bg”/>

<!-- disable background>

<image image=“@@preview_rect_image” default_image=“@@default_preview_rect_image” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280”

h=“720” textcolor=“@@preview_rect_color” keycolor=“1” ignore_keycolor=“1” bg=“1”/>

<disable background–>

<image image=“image/Gallery/video_browse_gallery_overlay.png” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” bg=“1”/>

To get rid of the metadata just delete the lines:

<text x=“573” y=“167” w=“410” h=“58” text=“@@actor” fontsize=“20” numlines=“2” linespacing=“1”

However, I wouldn’t recommend doing that, if you are just wanting something cleaner, you should change the view & use the Video view instead.  This will give you more of the look you’re looking for without having to make any changes.

1 Like

Cool…

I think I’ll do as you recommend and not make any changes.

I have a further three questions:

1. If I’m in list view (referring to the list_view.jpg posted on the first page of this thread) how to I view the information of a particular as per the 5th image you posted in the original post (video_metadata2.jpg)?

2. Is there any way to restrict the views. As far as I know pushing the yellow button cycles through the different views available. Is it possible to disable some of the views I know I don’t use so that I don’t need to push the yellow button till I get the view I want?

3. In Thumbgen, your guide to create moviesheets for mojo was fantastic, for Darklight I assume the exact same guide can be used, but the only parts that will be different will be the template used for the “main sheet” and “spare sheet”. After downloading the templates will the correct templates for the main and spare sheet be “Darklight_sheet” and “TW No cover box” respectively?

Sorry if these seem silly… I just know my wife is going to ask me this when I get home… and you know what they say… “happy wife, happy life”!

1. Press the “Options” button on the remote, then select “View Info”

2. No, the views are set by the firmware and can be deleted.  But if you set a view it should stay on that view unless you rest the device, so there should be no need for you to cycle through the views unless you need to.

3. Yes the guide is the same, but yes the templates are different.  You will have to tell TG which sheets and coverboxes to use by selecting them just as stated in the guide, but yes those are the ones, except the coverbox should be “TW No Cover Box 194X367”.

1 Like

Thanks for the response TW

I have done everything as per your thumbgen user guide and used the correct templates.

I get the following files:

007 - Dr. No.avi

007 - Dr. No.avi_sheet.avi

007 - Dr. No.xml

007 - Dr. No_cover.jpg

007 - Dr. No_sheet.jpg

It doesn’t look like I’m getting the right files. I’ve double checked the options page and everything seems the way it should be according to your screenshots. I’ve especially checked that in input/output nameing I have $M$N with extension .png as the spare moviesheet format.

What am I missing?

Screenshots:

I just discovered that Thumbgen did make a png file, but its called “folder.png” this isn’t correct I assume since it should be the moviename.png.

I won’t be able to see you pics until they get approved by the moderators.  You can either wait until I can see them or post them somewhere like Flickr and post the link to them here.

Installed the darklight theme last night and it is just mindblowingly gorgeous.

Not sure if my pics are showing yet, but here are the links:

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/wgroenewald/?action=view&current=Clipboard01.jpg

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/wgroenewald/?action=view&current=Clipboard02.jpg

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/wgroenewald/?action=view&current=Clipboard04.jpg

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/wgroenewald/?action=view&current=Clipboard03.jpg