CoCo (Preview release) UPDATED 9/08/12

First of all let me say that I love this simple but efficient theme ! I manly use the WD Live SMP for movies stored on my DS411j MAS.

But I do have an issue with this theme : I think that I do have the right xml format but I notice that I miss rating and date on the detailled movie selection screen but when I choose option and show the info, the rating and the date are there …

I am on last firmware 1.12.14 …

I join my XML file just in case someone guess what is happening.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  Aviator   The Aviator   Aviator couvre près de vingt ans de la vie tumultueuse d'Howard Hughes, industriel, milliardaire, casse-cou, pionnier de l'aviation civile, inventeur, producteur, réalisateur, directeur de studio et séducteur insatiable. Cet excentrique et flamboyant aventurier devint un leader de l'industrie aéronautique en même temps qu'une figure mythique, auréolée de glamour et de mystère.   17.12.2004   Aviator couvre près de vingt ans de la vie tumultueuse d'Howard Hughes, industriel, milliardaire, casse-cou, pionnier de l'aviation civile, inventeur, producteur, réalisateur, directeur de studio et séducteur insatiable. Cet excentrique et flamboyant aventurier devint un leader de l'industrie aéronautique en même temps qu'une figure mythique, auréolée de glamour et de mystère.   165     7.5   PG-13   tt0338751   PG-13   Drame       Leonardo DiCaprio         Cate Blanchett         John C. Reilly         Kate Beckinsale         Alec Baldwin         Alan Alda         Ian Holm         Jude Law         Kelli Garner         Brent Spiner         Danny Huston     Martin Scorsese   Miramax Films / Warner Bros Pictures   Aviator (2004)\_sheet.jpg   Aviator (2004).jpg     Aviator (2004).mkv   N/A

Your generating the date in the wrong format.   In Thumbgens options you need to change the custom date format to yyyy-MM-dd, it has to be generated in this format for it to be displayed.

I’m not sure what you mean by the rating not displaying, because except the rating stars the rating isn’t displayed in the Gallery view and the rating stars are user set not set by the metadata.

Thank-you for the answer, I changed the format to US format (I am french so I used french date format …) and it worked !

So IMDB rating is on moviesheets only, right ?

I’m having a minor problem.

I generated all my moviesheets when I was using mojo, now I’ve switched to coco I seem to be missing an image.

To describe what I’m missing, look on the images in the original post on page 1.  The one demonstrated by the Iron Man movie images.  I’m missing the image on the left of the screen, where Iron Man is checking out his iTorch.

Any ideas what I’m not doing right in thumbgen.  i think I’m failing to create an image.

Hi All,

Great theme.  I was able to install and get it going easily but I noticed that in the gallery view I have the larger, rightmost moviesheet pic over my whole screen (as if it has been enlarged).  It is still behind all of the overlays but where the smaller pic should be, I see part of this “enlarged” pic.  I regenerated everything from scratch in Thumbgen and selected the Coco sheet template for my main sheet.  I checked and the .jpg’s for the moviesheet look fine with both of the pics in the right places and proportions.  This is only happening when viewed in the theme.  I also tried changing the setting in the slideshow menu from “full screen” to “original size” etc… I suspect it may be something in the .xml but I don’t know where to begin.  

Thank in advance for any help.

Kind regards,

Ken

@DeeCiple

Post a pic of what you’re seeing.

Thanks TW I got it figured out.  I had the SMP set to auto update the library and it was overwriting my sheets.  Once I turned this off and regenerated the sheets all was well. 

I also managed to move the overview text to the top right quadrant,  increased the font size and widened the paragraph.  It looks good but I had to basically use trial and error to get it right.  Is there some kind of graphical theme editor for the WDTV series?  I would hate to think that this is how you all are creating these great themes through trial and error.  That would be very time consuming and cumbersome.

Thanks for your hard work!!

Ken

Glad you got it worked out.

No, no theme editor, it’s all manual labor.:stuck_out_tongue:

With help from TW and others, I have this up and running on my SMP. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. It looks awesome. Even my wife noticed how incredible it looked. 

Now busy getting movies onto my hard drive. That is a process. Just filling time when I am on the computer doing other tasks. 

Merry Christmas to everyone - I really appreciate the sharing of others that are MUCH MORE in the know. 

Very awesome. Great job ! 
I have just installed the “DarkLight” theme, but in few weeks… I will install CoCo, for sure !
:wink: