CoCo (Preview release) UPDATED 9/08/12

CoCo Preview Release - UPDATED 9/08/12

This is a preview release of CoCo.  This theme is not complete, so please do not post telling me that “this” doesn’t look right or “that” doesn’t match the rest of the theme.  IT’S NOT COMPLETE THIS IS JUST A PREVIEW.  The only views that have been designed for now are (in order of pics) Home Menu ,  Video: Gallery, Preview, Large, Video (grid), and Listview also Music: Listview.  Nothing else has yet been modified.

With that said, moviesheets, thumbs, metadata is set as is.  So if you decide that you want use this theme you can generate your moviesheets, thumbs and xml data without having to worry about them change with later releases of the theme.

If you have used either my Mojo or Darklight themes, then the set up is the same and you should not have to regenerate your thumbs (coverboxes) because they are the same for CoCo, the only thing you need to generate is the new moviesheet.  If you have NOT used those themes or any themes, please don’t ask questions here right now, look at the Mojo or Darklight threads were you are sure to find the answer to nearly any question you might have.

Download: CoCo Theme  (Preview release - Updated 9/08/12)

Download: CoCo Moviesheet template

Download:  Cover Box template  (not needed if you have generated coverboxes for Darklight or Mojo, on SMP only)

Download:  CoCo test folder  (download this to see how the theme will look without having to generate data for your files)

9 Likes

Looks like a good start, thanks for sharing.

looks very cool Tinwarble. looking forward to try this theme. thankyou for your hardwork for the community.

a small request Tinwarble

In this view  the text color is hard to see. It will be better if you make it darker.

If your talking about the text in the white area, it is only a duplication of the main white text in the center.

This is just for design purposes, it’s not actually meant to be easily readable.  But also, in the actual theme it is a little bit easier to see.

Also, this is all subject to change some before the release, it all depends on what comes to me during the design process.

CoCo will also run under the Live Hub right? (looks very nice)

Regards

Yes.  The HUB and the SMP run mostly the same firmware (with a few minor exceptions).

As long you are running the FW that is released at the same time for the HUB or SMP, the themes will work on both if they are designed to work for the FW released at that time.  If that makes since.

super … Thanks a lot  

Very nice Work so far on this one, looks very SMOOTH like a big Mocha. I want my CoCo !!! hope it’s ready soon. If you need someone to test it just let me know 18 TB of NAS

mmmmm yum love it! As much as I love MOJO it will be nice to have a change and looks like we wont have to redo our Covers.

So hope it works on live hub

Thanks TW -a star as always

Bump for Preview Release.

Bump for Update Sept. 1, 2012

Bump for Update Sept. 8, 2012

1 Like

Hi Tinwarble,

This theme has to be your best that you are sharing with all of us. One question for you, on the large video page with the white images, would it be difficult to change from the movie title in them to Running Time in one and MPAA rating in the other? Would finish off that page nicely with a little movie info.:smiley: 

Thank You for sharing your great theme’s

Glad you like the theme.

But, no.  The problem is that you either have to diplay the run time and MPAA for all of the displaying thumbs or none, you can’t make it display just for the selected thumb.

Love the look of this theme, experiencing one issue in the moviesheet mode however. In the sample image you provided it shows a movie screen preview on the left hand side. After following your instructions on generating movie sheets, everything works properly except I have no image in the preview box on the left. I do get the movie box art and the backdrop to appear. What might I be doing wrong?

I also am not getting the “HD” displayed above movie previews, like what you have in the sample image. I checked to make sure the movie was indeed HD.

Most likely you are either generating the wrong moviesheet or you don’t have thumbgen setup correctly to generate xml.

As for the HD not appearing, if it’s a BD movie is should display.  You can post the mediainfo here for one and I’ll take a look at it.

1 Like

Here is the mediainfo, Im not sure what could be wrong with the thumbgen setup, I re-checked against the PDF you created for use with Mojo and Darklight.

General
Complete name : Z:\Movies\12 Monkeys.BDRip.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom
File size : 753 MiB
Duration : 2h 9mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 812 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2011-12-26 04:42:06
Tagged date : UTC 2011-12-26 04:42:06
Writing application : Yamb 2.1.0.0 [http://yamb.unite-video.com]

Video
ID : 2
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L3.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 745 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 2 760 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 694 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 1.85:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.035
Stream size : 690 MiB (92%)
Writing library : x264 core 116 r2074 2641b9e
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:-2:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=745 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Encoded date : UTC 2011-12-26 04:42:08
Tagged date : UTC 2011-12-26 04:44:05

Audio
ID : 1
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : HE-AAC / LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 63.9 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 108 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz / 24.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 59.3 MiB (8%)
Encoded date : UTC 2011-12-26 04:42:06
Tagged date : UTC 2011-12-26 04:44:05

Make sure that you are looking at this version of my guide:  http://www.mediafire.com/view/?82991053b0fr50b  and not an older version, then re-check again to make sure that you have the exact setting that I have on pages 5 & 6.  And then make sure you are generating a sheet like this

As for the HD not showing up, it’s most likely due to your video not being 1080 HD.

Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 694 pixels

This is 720 and the SMP may not see that as being HD.  As I have no 720 videos I can’t tell you for sure, but this is my guess.

1 Like

Hi Tinwarble

I love the CoCo theme, thank you for your hard work. I know I must be missing something obvious, but on the large video screen directly underneath the listing of actors all my movies show up as 5 grey stars a grey heart and one other grey icon. Is that how it is supposed to look?

Cheers

Klink