CoCo (Preview release) UPDATED 9/08/12

-EDIT-

NVM, I followed the guide too closely and was not pusing the F1 button underneath the movie previews to generate them for the left side of the moviesheet. I thought this would happen automatically. Everything is working perfect. Thanks for the help!

Yes I did go off the new guide. In the template preview I am definitely missing the smaller movie image preview next to the backdrop. Let me know if you know where that setting would be. I’ll go back to the guide and re-check everything.

klinkpc wrote:

Hi Tinwarble

I love the CoCo theme, thank you for your hard work. I know I must be missing something obvious, but on the large video screen directly underneath the listing of actors all my movies show up as 5 grey stars a grey heart and one other grey icon. Is that how it is supposed to look?

Cheers

Klink

Yes, if you have not rated the movie or set it as a favorite, then the stars will be grey and the heart will be grey.  The other icon is the watched icon (an eye) and it will only change if you have partially watched a movie.

Just wanted to say great theme, love the work.

Im having alittle trouble with the actual movie info displaying. Ive tried the tips/trouble shooting in the mojo thumbgen and nothing has helped.

Folder view

Everything looks as if it is fine, and there is no naming problems so im not sure, why no info or backdrop is showing up.

Is this what the movie sheet template is suppose to look like in thumbgen ?

Your moviesheet should look like this:

Use “F1”  in backdrops to add the smaller image.

The reason the info and backdrops aren’t showing up is most likely due to you not generating the xml correctly.  You need to make sure you follow the guide here:  http://www.mediafire.com/view/?82991053b0fr50b

Especially look at pages 5 & 6.

Thanks the F1 Key fixed that, but i still am having no luck with the movie sheets displaying the movie info, followed the guide twice, still no luck.

Would it be possible to zip your Thumbgen folder and post it somwhere with the included themes and with all settings already applied to test this issue out ? its dirving me insane.

The moviesheets don’t display the metadata, that comes from the xml.

You need to crossreference your xml with this one:

<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?>
<details>
  <title>Captain America: The First Avenger</title>
  <originaltitle>Captain America: The First Avenger</originaltitle>
  <overview>A brave, yet mild-mannered young soldier named Steve Rogers, volunteers to undergo a series of experiments for a US army Super Soldier program. The military succeeds in transforming him into a human weapon, but quickly decide that their Super Soldier is far too expensive a creation to risk in combat. So, they decide to put him to use as an army celebrity and parade him across Europe to boost morale by performing in USO shows for American troops. He is even given a costume that bear the colors of Old Glory for the stage. Then, when a Nazi plot reveals itself Rogers must rise up and and become the First Avenger, in order to save his country.</overview>
  <year>2011-07-22</year>
  <plot>A brave, yet mild-mannered young soldier named Steve Rogers, volunteers to undergo a series of experiments for a US army Super Soldier program. The military succeeds in transforming him into a human weapon, but quickly decide that their Super Soldier is far too expensive a creation to risk in combat. So, they decide to put him to use as an army celebrity and parade him across Europe to boost morale by performing in USO shows for American troops. He is even given a costume that bear the colors of Old Glory for the stage. Then, when a Nazi plot reveals itself Rogers must rise up and and become the First Avenger, in order to save his country.</plot>
  <runtime>124</runtime>
  <trailer>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JerVrbLldXw</trailer>
  <rating>6.9</rating>
  <mpaa>PG-13</mpaa>
  <imdb_id>tt0458339</imdb_id>
  <mpaa>PG-13</mpaa>
  <genre>Action</genre>
  <genre>Thriller</genre>
  <genre>Science Fiction</genre>
  <actor>
    <name>Chris Evans</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Hugo Weaving</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Tommy Lee Jones</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Samuel L. Jackson</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Dominic Cooper</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Stanley Tucci</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Sebastian Stan</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Natalie Dormer</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Derek Luke</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Neal McDonough</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Toby Jones</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Richard Armitage</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Hayley Atwell</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>JJ Feild</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Anatole Taubman</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Kenneth Choi</name>
  </actor>
  <director>Joe Johnston</director>
  <studio>Marvel Enterprises</studio>
  <backdrop>CAPTAIN AMERICA_sheet.jpg</backdrop>
  <url cache=“tmdb-.xml” function=“GetTMDBThumbsById” />
  <prevtitle>CAPTAIN AMERICA.mkv</prevtitle>
  <prevgenre>N/A</prevgenre>
</details>

If your xml doesn’t look like this, then you are generating it wrong and you need to re-read the guide.

What RESOLUTION SIZE does the backdrop needs to be?

I REALLY like this theme

For the GALLEY photo. I see the backdrop, BUT where is the photo on the left coming from?

Can you provide an EXAMPLE of the gallery .xml file? To see where the left photo is pulling from

So I am looking at the rv_gallery_browse_page

I see the @@default_poster_folder_image…How do you activate PIP and where is the @@default_poster_folder_image pulling from??

It’s all one image, not 2 separate images.  See the image I posted above.

That is 2 pic’s on one image (the backdrop).   You need to generate the moviesheet with TG (in manual mode) using my provided template then press “F1” under the backdrop pic you want to use for the smaller pic.

I’m going to try to make this process easier later, but as I have said, this is just a preview of the theme.  It is still in development and much of it isn’t finished.  I have only provided this theme this earlier in it’s development so that members could try it out and see if they like it.

I’m not really prepared right now to provide that much support for it or to do any walk throughs, that will come later.

im still having trouble with my xml. Does this theme support the latest firmware ?

Here is a sample of my xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<details>
  <title>21 Jump Street</title>
  <originaltitle>21 Jump Street</originaltitle>
  <overview>An undercover police unit consisting of young looking officers infiltrate high schools to control youth crime.</overview>
  <year>16.03.2012</year>
  <plot>An undercover police unit consisting of young looking officers infiltrate high schools to control youth crime.</plot>
  <runtime>109</runtime>
  <trailer>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh3GiJZVats</trailer>
  <rating>7.3</rating>
  <mpaa>R</mpaa>
  <imdb_id>tt1232829</imdb_id>
  <mpaa>R</mpaa>
  <genre>Action</genre>
  <genre>Comedy</genre>
  <genre>Family</genre>
  <actor>
    <name>Channing Tatum</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Jonah Hill</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Brie Larson</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Ellie Kemper</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Ice Cube</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Dave Franco</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Nick Offerman</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Lindsey Broad</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Rob Riggle</name>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Johnny ■■■■</name>
  </actor>
  <director>Phil Lord</director>
  <director>Chris Miller</director>
  <studio>Columbia Pictures / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures / Relativity Media / Original Film / Stephen J. Cannell Productions / Cannell Studios</studio>
  <backdrop>21 Jump Street (2012)_sheet.jpg</backdrop>
  <backdrop>21 Jump Street (2012).jpg</backdrop>
  <url cache="tmdb-.xml" function="GetTMDBThumbsById" />
  <prevtitle>21 Jump Street (2012).mkv</prevtitle>
  <prevgenre>N/A</prevgenre>
</details>

Yes it supports the latest firmware.  But that wouldn’t be an issue anyway as the way it displays the metadata is the same in all FW’s.

How are you attempting to access your media?  You have to either access it via a directly connected HDD or through windows shares.  If you are accessing it through a media server it will not display.

A very nice theme. Is perfect for my needs. Looking forward to updates. Thanks to Tinwarble!

I was wondering if there is a way to get thumbgen to automatically populate the sheet with the first backdrop in the list which is most often the generated one it gets from the file, also to automatically push the f1 on this backdrop so the small picture also shows up on the sheet. sry if this has been already covered but could not find it.

In TG options, select “Moviesheets” then under Processing Properties make sure that you have the boxes next to:

“Do not auto populate the moviesheet with backdrop by default”   &

“Do not auto populate the moviesheet with fanarts by default”

are both UNCHECKED.

its not a problem of the program auto-populating the moviesheet with the backdrop, what I was wondering if there was a way to tell TG which backdrop to auto-populate it with. I want it to only populate it with the screenshots it get’s from the actual file not from the pictures it downloads from the internet. Thank’s again for your Great work and your precious time helping the community. I love this Theme as does the whole family.

As far as I know you can’t.  When it populates the backdrops/fanarts it is a random process, so you either have to let it select what it wants to or manually select them.

2 Likes

Hi Tinwarble, love the theme but I have 1 question.

Some of my music albums do not play all of the songs in the album, I have setting on shuffle.

Could it be that the pause in between songs is to long?

Cheers

Having bought my SMP last week I figured I’d suffered through the stock theme long enough, and went looking for something new.

This theme is the something new I was looking for! Excellent use of color, shape and space – very professional and clean looking, while having just enough of that artistic flair to keep it interesting…I love this theme, and can’t wait until it’s complete!

Even using ThemeGen wasn’t all that difficult – once I read how to automate pushing the backdrop and fanart1 (thereby automating the process). I have quite a few TV series and the thought of manually touching each episode was…daunting, to say the least. It’s cranking through season after season as I type this so it’s all good now.

Anyway…kudos, thanks, and congratulations on a very good looking theme – having done a bit of theme working on Android phones I know the level of dedication and hard work it takes to pull off a project like this, and I wanted you to know you hard work is appreciated!

Thanks Joe, glad you like the theme.