CoCo (Linksheet)

It does look great! I can’t even see the bondo on mine!

First time post… and scared I may get ridiculed for asking…lol

I have the theme installed (very nice btw).  Moviesheets are working great but alas, I can not get the covers to show up.  They have been created with the TG template and the reflection is fine but no go in hub. All covers are .jpg but only one cover shows up.

Does every movie need to be in its own folder for this theme? 

Monkeystoe wrote:

First time post… and scared I may get ridiculed for asking…lol

I have the theme installed (very nice btw).  Moviesheets are working great but alas, I can not get the covers to show up.  They have been created with the TG template and the reflection is fine but no go in hub. All covers are .jpg but only one cover shows up.

Does every movie need to be in its own folder for this theme? 

No. Matter of fact its probably the biggest mistake you might make. If your covers are named exactly the same as your movie file (execepting the extension of course) they should work.

Batman Begins.avi

Batman Begins.jpg

You may need to delete the folder titled “thumb” located on the hubs drive in a hidden folder titled “.wd_tv” in the root of the hubs drive. Since you managed to get the theme installed then you might have seen it in there where you installed the theme. You must access it via PC share on your network. After deleting it the very next thing to do is power the hub down by long pressing the power button on the remote, long pressing the switch on front of hub or pulling the power plug out of the back of it. Wait 5 seconds power back up and they should appear.

Movie sheets and folder sheets are a different story but not hard to do. Just go to the first message in this thread and read everything. There is a very good step-by-step member wdtvhub wrote up. I managed to read, comprehend and get everything this theme has to offer working! I’m sure you can too! Just keep in mind you’re gonna have to keep deleting that tumb folder when you make certain changes on the hub. It clears a cache it builds and makes it refresh it when you power off/on after you delete it.

You might do your folders like:

Movies

Action

Comedy

Drama

TV Shows

Series Name

Season 1 (or 01)

Season 2 (or 02)

showname S01E01 episodename.avi (I put my episode names in parens)

Awesome, that worked.

Can’t believe I spent so long messing with things not wanting to ask what I assumed would be a simple question.  Everything else had worked so smoothly according to the instructions provided that I felt foolish not being able to get covers to display as they worked fine with my other themes.

Thank you sooo much!

Bump for TG Templates update.

Now uses rating bar instead of stars.  See first post.

Did anyone mention and maybe I missed it, a way to do TV Season Folder backdrops? I think we might have to live without them…

TV Shows (Made it)

Adventures of Superman (Made It)

Season 1 (Made it BUT - it displays for ALL SEASON 1 folders)

Season 2 (Made it BUT - it displays for ALL SEASON 2 folders)

Wild Wild West (Made It)

Season 1

Season 2

Havent figured out a way to have more than one file named Season 1 residing in the same folder. So…can we get away with renaming the Season 1 folder to “Adventures of Superman Season 1”? or maybe AOS Season 1?

Yes, each Season folder has to have it’s own unique name.

I don’t know about using any other naming convention, but I do know that this works:

Fringe (folder)

Season 1 (Fringe) - (folder)

Fringe.S01E01.mkv

etc.

Thanks Tin…guess I’ll give it a shot. Should be fine they just need to be unique I suppose.

Whoa!

Check out the added bennie of using a linksheet theme!

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Attention-Themers-1-12-14-Mochi-OSD/td-p/499030/page/5

Read my recent post there.

Hello.  Great job on this theme.  I really like it.  I, however have a request.  Would it be posible to have a Thumbgen bundle made avail.  I’m sure it would make the use of this theme so much easier.

Thanks again for the theme.

TheCoolDude wrote:

Would it be posible to have a Thumbgen bundle made avail.  I’m sure it would make the use of this theme so much easier.

No.  And here’s why.  Bundles for TG are like giving some one a license to drive a car without them learning to drive a car first, and then they get into trouble and don’t know what to, then and end up in a ditch.

Yes, bundles could make it easier for everyone, but then it robs people of learning how to setup TG for themselves.  Anyone who is going to use TG should learn how to set it up and what each function does, this way each user can decided on how they want to generate their data and what works best for them.

I don’t mind teaching what I know about how to setup TG, but I’m not going to throw someone the keys to my car when they have never driven before.

I had my license to drive TG for over a year now.  :wink:

So now to the questions.

I copied the CoCo Template 11-21-12 folder to TG template folder.  Should the TW No Cover Box_SMP 192X369 folder be included in the CoCo Template 11-21-12 folder?

I will need to create 2 new profiles, one for TV shows and one for Movies.  Correct?

Each profiles should use one linksheet template and the TW No Cover Box_SMP 192X369 template.  Correct?

Where should the Folder Sheets folder be copied to?

I read your Read Me and it make perfect sense.  I just need to know where everything supposed to go.  I should have no problems setting up profiles.  Done many before.

Thanks for your response and I hope to be taking a test drive soon.  :smileyvery-happy:

While we be axin’ questions…what is the Common folder for? I never see the use/option to use any of those DVD covers in there…

Common folder include all other required file needed to create the sheets.  IE media format icons, Studio, to name a few.

I copied the CoCo Template 11-21-12 folder to TG template folder.  Should the TW No Cover Box_SMP 192X369 folder be included in the CoCo Template 11-21-12 folder?

The TW No Cover Box_SMP 192x369 should be treated just like any other template and goes in the Templates folder of TG (not in the CoCo Template folder).

I will need to create 2 new profiles, one for TV shows and one for Movies.  Correct?

Yes, as always you need 2 different profiles for TV and Movies.  It uses different scrappers and is just easier to set a profile for each.

Each profiles should use one linksheet template and the TW No Cover Box_SMP 192X369 template.  Correct?

Yes, both templates are required.

Where should the Folder Sheets folder be copied to?

Folder sheets and moviesheets both go in the root of the theme folder (were the theme xmls are located).  Folder sheets have to be named the same as your folder with NO extension and moviesheets (linksheets) have to be named the same as your movie (with the same extension).

You should also set a direct path for your moviesheets (linksheets) to your PC or a thumbdrive, something like:

C:\some_folder\Moviesheets$N    or if you have a lot of different file types use  C:\some_folder\Moviesheets$N$E_sheet

You need to do this because you are going to need to convert the names of the files before copying them to the theme folder.

As TheCoolDude said.

But not everything is used.  Some of it was copied from the default Common folder and then I just added a bunch of stuff extra like all the studios, some different format images, etc.

The reason the dvd covers are still in there is because I never cleaned the Common folder up to use only what was necessary.

Now my curiosity is satisfied, thank you!

You know what curiosity did to the cat.:wink:

Just dropped in to say Thank You, Tin…  I appreciate all the work you put in on your themes and especially for sharing it with the community!!

Do ya think we could get Coco Super Nova? :smiley: