CoCo (Linksheet)

Yes I tried that. I can see a bad res picture of the Bluray 3 sheet, as in its seeing the PNG. Tried hard reset which fixed the 141 Band of Brother sheets that appeared when I was doing a little trial. That folders looking alright, but struggling with basic folders just now.

Will have a play again tommorow.

It must be good I have deleted my backup folder so this is a keeper for me. Thanks for efforts. :slight_smile:

edit - Boy I am really having bother with a few things now, just did a folder of Bluray rips, and there is a duplicate Of each movie. Been trying hard resets, still no Bluray folder.jpgs and they are named to folder.jpg. It is a little clunky after creating a new image to the left, you can tell when moving between hard drives that have the picture in the TV, compared to ones with Standing By inside.Will keep trying.

**bleep** - that’s pretty.  I have both a hub and an smp (referencing the hub’s file shares as the source).  I would love to go CoCo, but judging from the need to store images in the theme folder, I’d lose the look on the smp.  

That said, nothing wrong with MoJo at all - love it!  Really missing the moviesheets for my TV series though.

So SMP aside, using CoCo would restore the look of the TV Series as well?

fwakelin wrote:

So SMP aside, using CoCo would restore the look of the TV Series as well?

Yes, because this trick doesn’t rely on the photoslide show function.

You can display a moviesheet / foldersheet for ANY file or folder with a name.

I’m going to give this a shot soon, maybe today. But, not you TW you stay busy finishing this up, if someone has had complete success converting over to linksheet it would be nice to  have a step-by-step outline to follow.

Other question… the .XCF file…is there a way to convert that to a .PSD? I’m using Paint Shop Pro 9. It’s what i’m familiar with using. I tried Gimp it just frustrated my feeble little mind.

I am still sorting out my sheets, you forget how long a process it is, especially when you want certain fan arts. The other problems with this and all sheets, is the amount of Plot info generates. 80% of the time it is too big for the allocated space, so you end up with overflowing text and not a good look. So basically you have to do them individually.

The setup is quite simple.

1. Place Coco (Linksheet) Theme in Themes Folder as Normal.

2. Ovewrite TG with new Templates and Common also add TW No Cover Box_SMP 192X369 to Templates as well.

3. Using Gimp create new Looks for Folders using the XCF.

4. TW provides Jpgs and Files without extension.

For example you will have two files

One will be called Animation (no file extension) and one will be called Animation.jpg. Place the no file extension file at the root of the Coco (Linksheet) Theme that you have already placed in the Themes folder and put the Jpg inside the folder with Animations. Now when you select that folder you will have the Animation TV Picture on the sidebar. TW provides no folder,jpgs so you will have to create your own for the folder itself.

Same when you create your own. Use the template and drag a picture for inside the TV screen and then save it as a PNG and a JPG. Remove the file extension from the PNG and drop that in the root of the Theme, and drop the jpg inside the folder you want, and hey presto.

Same when you create the Moviesheets, Movie cover.jpgs save where the files are, the Moviesheets are saved in a folder of your choosing. As TW says use a batch file and rename them from Jpg/Png to mkv/ts/etc and then drop them into the Root of the Theme and then you will display Moviesheets when browsing the files.

TW provides 3 Sheet Templates

2 Movie ones, one wih a box on the top right hand side that shows a Film Studio Logo one without. I have went to without, due to some movies I have not having any, or there not being a logo in the common folder and I am lazy.

And a TV one.

They all need adjusting in TG Designer as the Actors overlap the Actors header, you need to move the text box to the right a little (Just found that out when viewing them on the TV).  Needed font on PC :wink:

TV Show example

1 Like

Thank you WDTVHUB!!!

Good job you get a big ATTA BOY! I have things happenin’! I even managed to edit the sheet with Thumbgen Design!

So if some 62 year old can figger it out, you done good!

@ wdtvhub,

A couple of things.

First, I noticed that you are not using my coverbox templates.  As I stated on the first post, you need those or the reflection will not show up for the coverbox.  The coverbox templates are what gives the theme it’s look and makes all the thumbs the correct size.

And second, there is no issue with text alignment.  The problem you have is that you don’t have the correct font on your PC, I can tell this just by looking at your moviesheet,  you need to have “Square721 BT”  you can download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vp2dc5cejkg8ib2

There are 3 font types being used.  Square721 BT, Arial,  & Narkisim.   If you don’t have these on your PC then the moviesheets will not generate correrctly.

Just download it, then open it and click “Install”.

1 Like

Ah thanks mate…recently stuck on Windows 8, so pretty much Vanilla here at the moment.

And ah…Oh no I have to do all my sheets again…offtttt !

@ wdtvhub

And ah…Oh no I have to do all my sheets again…offtttt !

Which is exactly why it’s recommended to generate and keep “.tgmd” files.

Re-doing all your “Moviesheets” without having to go online is quick and painless exercise.

Just Re-Generate all your Moviesheets from the Thumbgen Metadata (,tgmd) 

A valid reminder…as I said I just stuck Win 8 on and downloaded TG again and forgot to set it.

Shame we could not link the movie jpg as well as it does pain me to see the pictures have to refresh from an external share for the covers…

Windows 8 ?  nuff said :wink:

:smiley:

TW…can’t get your refelective Thumbs to work, are they not only for Pre WD PNG Gate ?

You generate them as jpg and leave them as jpg.

This is a 3.xx.xx FW theme and pngs don’t work.

Mmmm ok, well not having any joy with them ?

If I select the top thumb and save it to disk eventually it works. If I use your Template and save it from the bottom right, I can never get it to show ?

If it is an error my end, are you able to create multiple items when you are creating a sheet, as in it creating covers and sheets as you progress through TG ?

Tinwarble wrote:

MAKE SURE YOU CLEAR YOUR MEDIA LIBRARY AFTER ADDING MOVIESHEETS OR MAKING ANY CHANGES.

MAKING ANY CHANGES???> After adding a new movie and its moviesheets as well?

TW

How would I stop the previews playing in preview mode ?

Reason is I like the big thumbs and the info on the right, but the previews is no real use to me, or anyone I would image (I mean that in a WD sense rather than your theme of course)

Hello0154 wrote:> MAKING ANY CHANGES???> After adding a new movie and its moviesheets as well?

This is mainly for going from one theme to this theme.  Assuming that you are going to use this theme, I would assume that you are already using a theme, with metadata xmls.  If so then you need to clear your ML for any changes (not necessarily addtions).

But, yes, if you are having any trouble getting things to display, then clear your ML.

wdtvhub wrote:

TW

How would I stop the previews playing in preview mode ?

Reason is I like the big thumbs and the info on the right, but the previews is no real use to me, or anyone I would image (I mean that in a WD sense rather than your theme of course)

You can’t.  This is hard coded in the FW.  You can stop the video from displaying, but it will still play in the background (you want see the video, but you’ll still hear the audio).

And before you ask, NO, I will not be making changes to other views.  Besides, the Large view has the same sized thumbs.  The layout is different, but it is basically the same.

No problem sir…

Not really a fan of the info in the middle, I come over all OCD-ish  :slight_smile:

Tinwarble wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

i love it

looks very good, probably the gallery view can use som “fillers” but i think it is very neat the way the other views look

I’m not sure how “filler” helps?

lol i think it looks stunning