Clean OS (Debian), OpenMediaVault and other "firmwares"

Can you help, please

After install some plugins of OMV the RAID is FULL, i already try to remove the RAID but without sucess.

So i want or convert to linear or resize the raid.

If you can help, please.

Thanks

Hi Fox,

thx for Information, on omv i use login from:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Clean-debian-and-OpenMediaVault-on-WDMyCloud/td-p/785505

You say:

# Default WEB GUI user/pass: admin / openmediavaul"t"

1.Clear brrowser’s cache (and coockie) == okay, login from three pcs invalid ( clear cache und cookie + privat Tab )

1. User/pass for webgui is admin / mycloud. For ssh - root / mycloud.     =  on nwe OMV ? Or Webif Wd MYcloud ? 

THX for your Answer :-) 

@meins-deins

if you installed the one of the firmware called OMV

User/pass for webgui is admin/mycloud. For ssh - root/mycloud

if you manually install the OMV package on a clean debian firmware then

User/pass for webgui is admin/openmediavault . For ssh - root/mycloud

@JurreFCT

please follow the guide in the first post by Fox_exe 

Change firmware from OMV to anoter or original:

• Download Autoinstall.zip and one of dumps:
    Original firmware : Browse folder

• Extract all in one folder on mycloud

• Connect via SSH (User/pass is root/mycloud) and run:

mount -o remount,rw,exec /dev/sda4
    chmod a+x install.sh
    ./install.sh

• Wait few minutes - device autoreboot when done.

• Yeah, thats all! :slight_smile:

@JurreFCT

you have to be inside the folder where you Extracted the files into

example:

the Autoinstall.zip +the original firmware you have downloaded from Fox_exe site to one folder

/shares/Public/wdoriginal

then

cd /shares/Public/wdoriginalchmod a+x install.sh./install.sh

PM Me your teamviewer information

and i will try to help :slight_smile:

Hi Fix_exe,

I would like to install clean Debian with OMV, I have few questions and would appreciate your help:
-I am on the latest MyCloud firmware, standard partitions no thing custom.

• I assume downloading the OMV stable package would include clean Debian, right?
    -I would like to download the package directly from GDrive to MyCloud via wget, is that possible?
    -After having the package downloaded, I would unarchive the package and run the install script.
    -Then run the post installation script
    -Access mycloud without the UI part in the url.

I hope you can confirm the steps and my question about the direct download from gdrive. Thanks for your help and efforts.

@yabdali

-I am on the latest MyCloud firmware, standard partitions no thing custom.

answer : No issue

• I assume downloading the OMV stable package would include clean Debian, right?

Answer: yes OMV = clean debian + OMV
-I would like to download the package directly from GDrive to MyCloud via wget, is that possible?

yes 

wget https://doc-04-0g-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/ha0ro937gcuc7l7deffksulhg5h7mbp1/0jfn0qsb5jptv3rcead8gasel8nflgsb/1429725600000/15104055402165466382/*/0B_6OlQ_H0PxVZVdlemxhRlZUWW8?e=download

this is all one line

-After having the package downloaded, I would unarchive the package and run the install script.

Answer: after you download teh package follow the intsallation procedure in the first post

Download dump and Autoinstall.zip
Unzip all files in one folder - in "Public" for example.
In web gui turn on SSH access
Download PuTTY For Windows and run it.
Use user name "root" and password "welc0me" (by default)
Change directory to directory where you extract files (Public for example) and run install.sh:
cd /DataVolume/shares/Public
chmod +x install.sh
./install.sh
After ~10 minutes device automatically reboot (Don't close PuTTY until he lost connection!)
Optional: Connect to SSH again and run "/run_me_after_reboot.sh" (include slash) for fixes and tuning.
Login to webgui using IP address or its name http://mycloud/
User/password: For ssh: root/mycloud, for webgui: admin/mycloud (or admin/openmediavault if you drop settings to default from webgui)

-Then run the post installation script

Yes, this takes some time to finish depending on your internet speed as it upgrades the clean debian packages

-Access mycloud without UI

Answer: yes most propably you would need to scan your network from your computer to know what is the new IP the the WD has been assigned from the router

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I will give a try.

My recomemndation if you are just trying please backup your system first please use this

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Automatic-Full-Backup-for-WDMycloud-tested-on-firmware-V4-X/m-p/869298

edit:

I did install from backports and it is working now!

HI,

Thx ! Login admin@mycloud works fine ! 

New Question :( 

My FTP Share dont work … on OMV 1.16 works fine, on 1.17 cant see the folder :( 

PICS:

Filezilla LOG

08:59:34 Status: Auflösen der IP-Adresse für ******n.de
08:59:34 Status: Verbinde mit 188.
. .

08:59:34 Status: Verbindung hergestellt, warte auf Willkommensnachricht…
08:59:34 Trace: CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
08:59:34 Antwort: 220 ProFTPD 1.3.4a Server ready.
08:59:34 Trace: CFtpControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
08:59:34 Befehl: USER crusherdc
08:59:34 Trace: CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
08:59:34 Antwort: 331 Password required for crusherdc
08:59:34 Trace: CFtpControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
08:59:34 Befehl: PASS ***************
08:59:34 Trace: CRealControlSocket::OnClose(0)
08:59:34 Trace: CControlSocket::DoClose(64)
08:59:34 Trace: CFtpControlSocket::ResetOperation(66)
08:59:34 Trace: CControlSocket::ResetOperation(66)
08:59:34 Fehler: Herstellen der Verbindung zum Server fehlgeschlagen
08:59:34 Trace: CFileZillaEnginePrivate::ResetOperation(66)

Is the configuration is correct ?

Greetz

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=467828&view=findpost&p=39622182

Thx @ AjiekCander,

i cant read russian :( 

Can you tell me my Problem ?

BIg ThX :-) 

Hi, I have installed OMV successfully. Do you have any idea where my data is located. I mean my old shares. Thanks

Google tranlsate ? )))

My english is bad, but I will try to explain what it says Fox_exe.

You need open file /etc/proftpd/modules.conf

nano /etc/proftpd/modules.conf

You comment this parametr

#LoadModule mod_tls_memcache.c

I did not have time to check if it works on OMV 1.17, as most FTP fix failed and I install again OMV 1.16.

1.16 work fine )

yabdali , You Mount the partition sda4  in File systems  ?

And you enabled SMB (samba) and shared in samba folders?

And you set permissions on you share folders??

Okay,  downgrade from 1.17 to :

= OpenMediaVault information

Release: 1.16
Codename: Kralizec

FTP, not works ( with same Proftp Version )

The same error :frowning:

PLS HELP ME

I am glad to see that in Kernel 3.2.68 you included usbserial support, including ftdi.ko.

Unfortunately I am using a more recent Arduino Nano v.3 clone (as weather station) which requires ch341.ko instead.

May I suggest you include ch341.ko in the future as well?

Otherwise, I suppose I need to compile it from source. In your instructions when you write “Download and extract cross-compile to /build/cross-tools” to what exactly are you refering? Can you please provide a link?

I guess I do not need to go trough the all compilation process, I can just compile that single driver.

Thanks,

HDV

AJIEKCander wrote:

How you install proftpd 1.3.5. ? and mod_vroot ?

tell me please!

Thanks!

Download the source code of proftpd 1.3.5 & mod_vroot, compile it on WD, then make install. use “proftpd -V” to check the compile options.

mod_vroot: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Castaglia/proftpd-mod_vroot/master/mod_vroot.c

My compile option FYI:

(Not sure all of these packages are necessary or not)

apt-get install libpcre3-dev
apt-get install libssl-dev
apt-get install libwrap0-dev
apt-get install libpam0g-dev

./configure ‘CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security’ ‘CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2’ ‘CXXFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security’ ‘FFLAGS=-g -O2’ ‘LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro’ ‘–prefix=/usr’ ‘–mandir=/usr/share/man’ ‘–sysconfdir=/etc/proftpd’ ‘–localstatedir=/var/run’ ‘–libexecdir=/usr/lib/proftpd’ ‘–enable-sendfile’ ‘–enable-facl’ ‘–enable-dso’ ‘–enable-autoshadow’ ‘–enable-ctrls’ ‘–with-modules=mod_readme’ ‘–enable-ipv6’ ‘–enable-nls’ ‘–with-lastlog=/var/log/lastlog’ ‘–enable-pcre’ ‘–build’ ‘arm-linux-gnueabihf’ ‘–with-shared=mod_vroot:mod_unique_id:mod_site_misc:mod_load:mod_ban:mod_quotatab:mod_dynmasq:mod_ratio:mod_tls:mod_rewrite:mod_radius:mod_wrap:mod_wrap2:mod_wrap2_file:mod_quotatab_file:mod_quotatab_radius:mod_facl:mod_ctrls_admin:mod_copy:mod_deflate:mod_ifversion:mod_tls_memcache:mod_exec:mod_sftp:mod_sftp_pam:mod_shaper:mod_ifsession’ ‘build_alias=arm-linux-gnueabihf’

make
make install