Clean OS (Debian), OpenMediaVault and other "firmwares"

There no difference betwee Cleandebian and omv (omv = OpenMediaVault on Clean debian.)

My maximum speed on samba - is 40-50MB/s (Go to HDD setup and choose “Maximum performance” Its helps little)

Possible boost it to 60-70MB/s if install Samba from WD.v3 firmware.

Thx ,will try it :slight_smile: this practice my Linux abit too :slight_smile:

The old configs will be overwrite so don’t have to change or delete?

You can also install “iperf” to test the network speed between 2 linux system to make sure network is not bottleneck.

My testing in my 1 Gbps network.

WD as server (iperf -s on WD): the speed is 400+ Mbps

PC as server (iperf -s on my desktop PC): the speed is 800+ Mbps

You can also compare with FTP speed.

For the crash (OMV 1.17, proftpd 1.3.4a)

* glibc detected *** proftpd: xxx - 192.168.1.8: LIST: free(): invalid pointer: 0x0006f31c ***

I compiled latest proftpd (1.3.5) with mod_vroot (0.9.4), no more crash.

Then assigned privileges to the share folders, I can see the folders in FTP client.

So I guess proftpd 1.3.4a will crash if no visible vroot (folders).

Hi Fox_exe,
I’m actually on OMV 1.16a it is fantastic!
Thank you so much for it :smiley:

I will upgrade to the last release soon, but for now i’m good with this (to much annoyng reinstall all the packets and configs done :P).

I’ve just a request, can you compile the binfmt_misc module? It failed loading while I was installing binfmt-support and qemu-user-static. I’m trying to run the headless dropbox suite for x86 with qemu-i386. It would be great if it works!!

ok after reinstall OMV1.17 i had speed about pc-wd 30 wd-pc 50 , thats fine for me :-).

but after change the ssh port and reboot i get a bad gateway error and now cant connect to OMV or SSH. the WD had still the green led.

i make portscan and look into router maybe find there a new ip or something for my WD ,but there is nothing listed.Did maybe have somebody a tip what can i do?

The system says the kernel need to be upgraded. Otherwise, other upgrades cannot proceed. Anyone know how to do it?

Latest kernel  v3.2.68

Unpack all from lib to /lib and replace kernel:

dd if=uImage of=/dev/sda5

Thanks. The kernel upgrade issue was caused by the backports repository, which was used when installing samba 4. Once removed, the problem was gone.

edit: nm i found the issue 

Hi there, you make a good work.

i have a problem im out of free space, can you tell me how i increase the raid disk or tur raid 1 to raid 0 ?

thanks

1. Clean Apt cache.

2. Move dlna db to Data volume:

service minidlna stop
    mv /var/lib/minidlna /media/[Tab]/
    ln -s /media/[Tab]/minidlna/ /var/lib/
    service minidlna start

3. Same for Twonky (if you install it).

Thanks, for the quick answer, but i have a problem in the RAID, where is installed OMV.

After install some plugins of OMV the RAID is FULL, i already try to remove the RAID but without sucess.

So i want or convert to linear or resize the raid.

If you can help, please.

Thanks

HI,

i have installed clean omv 1.16a + 1.17 an i cant no ligin on Webinterface or SSH with admin@openmediavault…

password or User incorrect .

Wh?

Great work getting OMV working.

I have a question.

Is it possible to install Delgue on Mycloud OMV?

Transmission doesn’t allow a proxy server, whereas Deluge does.

Try PyLoad (Available in omv-extras.org plugins)

Just a reminder to everyone to click the star under Fox_exe’s logo to give Kudos, to say thanks for his work. He has turned the WD My Cloud into something useful!

Hallo,

danke für die Anleitung ! Leider habe ich das Problem das ich mich nicht einloggen kann, weder per webif noch ssh …

Hat jemand durch Zufall, oder mag jemand ein “Backup” von dem installierten OMV machen ?

Habe die 2 TB Variante, wäre echt toll

LG

Have you a Backup for the 2 TB My cloud with OMV for me, i cant no login on Webif or SSh :frowning:

Big THX

1. Clear brrowser’s cache (and coockie)

2. User/pass for webgui is admin / mycloud. For ssh - root / mycloud.

1 Like

j3prof wrote:

For the crash (OMV 1.17, proftpd 1.3.4a)

* glibc detected *** proftpd: xxx - 192.168.1.8: LIST: free(): invalid pointer: 0x0006f31c ***

I compiled latest proftpd (1.3.5) with mod_vroot (0.9.4), no more crash.

Then assigned privileges to the share folders, I can see the folders in FTP client.

So I guess proftpd 1.3.4a will crash if no visible vroot (folders).

How you install proftpd 1.3.5. ? and mod_vroot ?

tell me please!

Thanks!