Hi Guys !

I got some serius problems :frowning:

After a blackout i cant acces my files on my NAS, on WD dashbord it says:

Diagnosis

Critical

Content Scan

Error

(everythin got a orange triangle)

I have try all the reset types (the full restore only takes around 2-5 minutes, something is wrong? )

I can see the wd my cloud on my computer (i can se ā€œshares, smarware and timemachinebackupā€ ) but cant see my own folder, an i cant write or delete anything on the nas.

I try to upload a new firmware, but it just say ā€œnot enough spaceā€

Does anyone know what to do? I doesnā€™t care about the file on it, just wont to get it resetting and work again :slight_smile:

Can i do anything through SSH ?

Thanks in advance

Thomas.

If you can get into SSH, you could try connecting up a USB drive with the latest .deb firmware package on it. Then youā€™d run something similar to:

mkdir /mnt/usbmount /dev/<yourUSBdevice> /mnt/usbsh -x /usr/local/sbin/updateFirmwareFromFile.sh /mnt/usb/updateFile.deb
reboot

After you get the latest .deb file installed (if it works), I would suggest doing the full 40-50 second hold of the reset button. This should fix anything software related but may not fix a corrupt partition table. Someone else may be able to point you in the right direction. I was able to find a full virgin image of my MyCloud 2tb and just dd it over the whole volume from gparted live USB stick and my desktop (but that required removing my hard drive).

It doesnā€™t work :frowning: Just get: ā€œcannot create directory xxxxx No space left on deviceā€

Hm sounds like something wrong with the drive/partition itself. Someone else may be able to guide you without opening the drive but if not, look for a virgin image of the 3tb drive. Then just put the hard drive into your desktop. Boot the desktop on a gparted live usb or other distro that has ā€œddā€ and sata support. Identify with parted or fdisk which dev name the drive has (like /dev/sda) and just overwrite the whole thing with the virgin image (NOT THE SAME AS ROOTFS.IMG) by doing dd if=input_virgin_3tb_image.img of=/dev/

Here is my previous thread about recovering my 2tb (only the full virgin image worked for me):

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Please-help-me-debrick/m-p/699320#M9926

I would think the only difference is the ending point of the data partition but I donā€™t know enough about binary images to alter the 2tb one for you.

Reply to: thomas88

Ā 

If you can still get to the Dashboard click on Settings>Utilities and do a Shutdown.

Unplug your My Cloud and wait a while before plugging it back in. See if that will help.

Hi !

Thanks for your suggestion.
I can Access my dashboard, and just try to shutdown the device, and let it be unplugget over night.
The only Thing three Has change is thats it now say, 0 kb free space, before that field was blank, other truant that nothing has change :frowning:

Hi dj816 !

I would really like not to open the case, Iā€™m running windows so Iā€™m not so ezpirirens with Linux :frowning:

thomas88 wrote:
Hi dj816 !

I would really like not to open the case, Iā€™m running windows so Iā€™m not so ezpirirens with Linux :frowning:

I suggest you to open a support ticket with WD support.

Read your private mail on this board!

Hi again !

I finally got i it to work today !

I not 100 % sure what i did, but i try unplug a dozen times, and suddenly i could manage to make a complete factory restore (took about 9 hours), and after that, it still give me red light.

I Tried to make a system restore, and after that i just work !

Thanks a lot for all the help in here!

Best regards

Thomas Hyldgaard