Cannot expand folders on USB drive

Tom… very interesting insight to the B&S backup…you get a full + 6day incremental that recycles every week. Wow, must keep you busy in deleting past weekly folders. I reduced my backup space, while using the Passport backup to only files that I really thought I didn’t want to loose. Unfortunately, a system crash would require me to completely reload everything, including hardwares and applications…I keep copies of such in my download and desktop folders. Also bookmarks from Mozilla and images from Snagit. Storing other download movie folders are done directly to the external HD.

I’m glad you do a safe eject of the USB… there was an issue with un-safe ejection that I added my comments here… My WD elements is not accessible - freezes file explorer

Users USB attached drive corrupts the Explorer when plugged in. User was told USB was in use, when trying to eject, but could not find it, so he pulled the plug. I had a similar problem but to a file on my internal drive. I tried to delete a file that had an open Movie window open but was minimized. Forced multiple deletes…never could. Subsequent touch of the file screws up the Explorer…I have to Restart PC. Bottom line, if a file is in use in an application or a external HD is being used by the PC, care must be used when performing tasks to that item. I too notice that certain USB’s do not have rt mouse ejects, but do in the lower rt up wedge of the task bar.

I really hope that the monthly MS updates fixes your issue…because the problem happened after a Sys update, maybe… sounds like the B&R backup is not releasing the open HD. I don’t know if you can see some process still running under the PC’s Task Manager utility. I keep a shortcut to TM on my lower tray…constantly looking a Processes and Ethernet transfer speed…please update when you get fixed.