Cannot Access My Cloud Dashboard

I am on my last resort. The steps to access My Cloud Device have not been successful. It is connected through Ethernet Cable between the Device and My Modem (Modem connected to PC). I have done the recommended Reset of the My Cloud Device to a T and I still cannot maintain a connection to the Dashboard long enough to get to the OS 5 firmware update options. The best results I had were reaching the Dashboard, getting the “blue” Settings Icon and on the way over to the Firmware options, the connection timed out.

@msfitnsoo
What type of modem/router do you have? Why do you say the modem is connected to your PC, unless you mean modem/router? Have you downloaded the firmware for OS5 and tried a manual update?

Software and Firmware Downloads | WD Support (wdc.com)

Are you sure your My Cloud hasn’t already been updated to OS5? Very sluggish or inability to access the Dashboard are two common complaints after people update to OS5 on a single bay/single drive My Cloud unit. The issue is caused by the “indexing” the OS5 firmware does. Often people just have to leave the My Cloud unit alone for a few hours and hopefully OS5 finishes its “indexing”.

Yes my Modem/Router is connected to my PC by Ethernet Cable
Yes my My Cloud Device is connected to the Modem/Router by Ethernet Cable
I cannot access the Dashboard to commence the OS 5 update.
I do not see any instructions to download the OS 5 manually, in other words, if I could find the download (where is it) on the WD Website, I would do that.
Can you give me a link where to find that download?

My Cloud Device has not been updated OS 5. I would be the one to do so and I have not been successful in accessing the Dashboard to do so. The farthest I got in the dashboard was when the Settings Icon turned blue and as I moved my mouse over to the left to access the download everything timed out and back to square one, Admin Login. How and where can I see the current firmware version on the device? Regardless, I will still need to access the Dashboard.

The current firmware is listed in the Firmware field in/on the My Cloud > Home page. Example.

That’s the problem I cannot get to that info on the Dashboard. I am currently trying to get there again.
I did the 40 second reset of the device a few hours ago.

@msfitnsoo
I provided a link to software and firmware. Did you use it?

I believe my current firmware version is 2.41.121
If I could get to the dashboard before time out I will select the current version of OS 5 (you indicated) above. I have done updates before, its just that I am not getting the opportunity to do anything before time out.

When you say the connection is timing out, what does that mean? Can you post a screen shot? Is there an error message being displayed by the web browser? If so what is the exact error message?

Have you tried other web browsers when trying to reach the Dashboard?
If one’s computer has an Ethernet port one could, as a troubleshooting step, connect the My Cloud directly to the computer. Then try to access the Dashboard.

How to Access a My Cloud When Connected Directly to a Computer
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16312

I have done both types of reset and it won’t accept the admin and blank login any advice there ?

I did not have luck reaching and staying at the Dashboard long enough to complete the upgrade to OS 5. I reached the dashboard and the large information box about the end of service of OS 3, switch to OS 5, appeared on screen and there was no access to the settings. How do I attach a screenshot here?
I just ordered these items for pickup USB-C to Ethernet Adapter and a new Ethernet Cable.
I would like to try: Access My Cloud When Connected Directly to a Computer
either with the PC or with my Laptop connected to the My Cloud device.
However, before I could get finished this message Best Buy cancelled my order due to low or no stock and I re-ordered just the USB-C to Ethernet Adapter.
The PC tower and the Modem/Router only have one ethernet port, and 2 USB ports. The My Cloud Device has one Ethernet Port and one USB Port.

When you say the connection is timing out, what does that mean? Can you post a screen shot? Is there an error message being displayed by the web browser? If so what is the exact error message?

Have you tried other web browsers when trying to reach the Dashboard?
If one’s computer has an Ethernet port one could, as a troubleshooting step, connect the My Cloud directly to the computer. Then try to access the Dashboard.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16312

Have you tried a different web browser (something other than Microsoft Edge)?
Have you tried opening up the Dashboard on another computer (or mobile device)?
It is possible a browser extension may cause incomplete page loading, try temporarily disabling all browser extensions as a troubleshooting step.

Currently trying again on my laptop. I do not have an ethernet port there so I picked up an adapter USB to ethernet. Here are screenshots just using wifi on laptop.

That warning message is from the very latest OS3 My Cloud firmware. Can you click the OK button on that “support is changing” dialog box?

Typically a page isn’t responding message means the browser is having trouble loading a portion of the page code. Try a different browser than Edge as a troubleshooting step.

Where to now

Have you tried a different web browser (something other than Microsoft Edge)?
Have you tried opening up the Dashboard on another computer (or mobile device)?
It is possible a browser extension may cause incomplete page loading, try temporarily disabling all browser extensions as a troubleshooting step.

I sent photos by email how do you send them here.
Is it that arrow up button in the second blue?

Try a different web browser other than Microsoft Edge.
Try disabling Norton 360 as a troubleshooting step. Norton may also install a browser extension (Norton Safe Web) that may interfere with web page loading. If installed, disable the Norton browser extension.