Bought new enclosure for external HDD. Experiencing problems

Hello everyone.

As you can tell by the title of the post, I am stuck.

I recently bought another external enclosure for my 1.5tb HDD, and after swtiching enclosures, my hard drive isn’t showing up on my computer. The first time I hooked it up, I got a driver install for “WD Ext HDD 1021,” and the WD Smartware shows up in “Computer.” But no volume for my hard drive. I tried uninstalling the drivers and re-plugging it back in, with the same results. In Disk Management, the HDD is write only and offline.

I have tried hooking it up straight to my MOBO, and it works just fine, but I had to reformat it for it to show up in my “Computer” on windows. So that means my HDD still works. I’ve tried putting it back int the enclosure and using the Western Digital Quick Format tool, but it says no HDD is found.

The P/N on the enclosure is WDBAAU0030HBK-00 and the model of HDD I have is WD15EADS-00P8B0.

The previous case’s P/N was WDBAAF0015HBK-00.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

if that drive is a smartware drive, then it most likely has a hidden vcd on it.  that may prevent your enclosure from seeing the drive.  now one of your pn’s indicates it’s an elements drive and the other a my book essential.  which is it?  

The enclosure I broke was a MyBook and I just bought the other enclosure from eBay. But, if it does have this hidden VCD on it, how would I go about removing that?

Edit: I used the WD Lifeguard utility to test it and write zeros, but it keeps saying too many bad sectors.