Black2 Hybrid and Windows 10 Upgrade

I have been using the WD1001X06X-00SJVT0 (120g SSD + 1 tb platter) in my ASUS laptop for more than a year, running on Win 7 Ultimate.   I decided to let the Windows 10 upgrade happen, and things went smoothly for an hour or two, and I had a big circle on the screen, as it counted up the % done.  I left for awhile, when it was at 25 or 40% done, when I came back, 

Missing operating system 

is on the screen. 

Booting on the Win7 Rescue DVD, and going to a command prompt, there is no black2 drive partitions visible, just a second hard drive I have in the laptop.   BIOS does report the Black2.  

I’m beginning to suspect that Windows 10 does not have the drivers for the Black2 !?!    

Am I screwed, destined to do a rebuild of my entire system and a reinstall of all the applications, and a re-registration of all the licensed software?   

How can Windows 10 be out for this long, months in the beta community, and there not be anything about it on the WD board regarding failure to launch with Black2 hybrid drives?   Somebody make my day and tell me it ain’t so?  

Hello,

I recommend you take a look at this thread

http://community.wd.com/t5/Desktop-Mobile-Drives/WD-Black2-and-Windows-10/m-p/887502/highlight/true#M19529

Hamlet, you mean that thread that I posted to numerous times, a WEEK before you helped me by suggesting I go check that thread out? :manwink:

I’ve read on a different thread/forum, that someone went into disk management in Win 7, disabled the HDD part of the BLACK2, and was then able to install win 10, then go back and re-enable the HDD.  

Wondering if there are any plans to support the Black2 with windows 10?   I’d be glad to buy another Black2, if only…Is there a Black3 in development, maybe?