Beginner's Guide to Installing Themes and Moviesheets?

so how do u handle mutiple part movies… things like Lord of the Rings… there are mutiple files for each movie probably because of the size of the downloads.  For example, Lord of the Rings: Two Towers cd1, cd2, cd3

How would it work with Thumbgen?

As long as each disc has it’s own name, it want matter.  So if you have: Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers cd1, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers cd2, etc., Thumbgen will assign each file it’s own data, and if you want different coverart and description for each one, you just change it in Thumbgen.  You actutally would want to name you’re files more like this though:

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers 01

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers 02

etc.

To keep them in order.  You need to remember to number any movies that you have multiple disc of with “0”.  So you will have:  01, 02, 03, 04, etc., this is how the HUB sorts number files and if you don’t do it this way you will end up with the files out of order.

But as far as Thumbgen, or the HUB for that matter, if the files have a different name (or the same name but numbered) then they are treated as seperate files.

are TV shows the same idea?  For example, 24 Season 1, Episode 1-17 or whatever.  Will I really have to have separate files for each epsisode within a season?

How different are the Thumbgen settings by theme?  I.e. will your settings work for most other themes… I guess what i am asking is does WD firmware essentially require the same outputs?

BTW-- You have been a huge help!  I’ve learned a tremendous amount… so thank you for all your time and effort!

Pete

It is basically the same for most every theme, although not all themes have been developed to use moviesheets.  Meaning there are themes which don’t have moviesheets designed to work with them.  Moviesheets will work, but won’t display correctly.

Also, not all themes have been updated to work with the current firmware, so they are missing thing.  Everytime a new firmware comes out a theme has to be updated with the changes.

Yes, TV shows work the same way, and you will want them to be named something like: 24 S01 Ep02.  You don’t have to have a separate file for each episode, but for each episode to display you will.  The HUB can’t separate the episodes out of single file and display each episode from that file.

Any your welcome.

TW

So how do i add a image to the main folders? I.e. Action folder, SciFi, etc?  do u have ones that fit mojo or should I just find an image , rename it to folder.jpg and save to the root of the appropriate  folder?

Give these a try HERE.

Oh, and I should have said, just move the image that you want to the folder, then name it “folder.jpg”.

FYI… everything is finally working… so thanks for your help!  Just question thing… when i preview movies in a given folder… no problem seeing the moviebox right away… but i have to hover on a particular movie for a few seconds before the movieshieet (background) appears.  

Note: i am streaming from a media share on my PC

Thoughts?

This is just how it is for us all.  The delay is there due to the how the HUB draws the background image.

1. Any ideas on how to show an “artist” as the file icon for music videos?  I have a “music videos” genre folder… but once in there… just the generic icons for each music video.

2. Still looking for a decent theme for TV Shows that’s as good as Timwarble’s movie tutorial!!! :smiley:

Thanks!

Have you try these?

Here are the links for the template and profile I use.

Download Mojo TV Episode Cover Templates  from HERE
Download MSP TV Series Sheet Profile  from HERE

Hope it work.

Thanks to Tinwarble  for his original templates.

I’m making TV Series template for the AEonish Hub … Stage3 ‘WIP’ Preview Release as well. I should have them done soon. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately your links do not work!  Please try to repost the links.

Do you have a tutorial on how to use these with ThumbGen?  I know how to do it for movies, not TV shows yet.

Also - any information on music videos? 

Hi Lespaul.  

I really need to pay attention when posting links.   :smileyvery-happy:

Anyway I fixed my previous post.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheer  :)