Beginner's Guide to Installing Themes and Moviesheets?

awesome… do i need to do anything with the moviesheet files in terms of storing them on the hub?  Should they go in teh Wd_tv folder along with the mojo files?

thanks!

The moviesheets go in the same place as your movie file.  As a matter of fact if you followed the tutorial, your moviesheets and all the other data should already be were they should be.

if  you are referring to the verification that thumbgen  generated the files … then i have done this w/ no problem  I am just wondering if they are needed for the theme on the Hub. aside from Thumbgen?

No, is what I mean is that you should have something like this:

Movie (folder) or were ever you have your movie on the HUB.

moviename.mkv (or what ever extension your movie is)

moviename.jpg (this is your coverart, generated as a png)

moviename.xml (metadata)

moviename_sheet.jpg (moviesheet)

The moviesheets have nothing to do with the theme itself.  The moviesheets were just made to go with my theme.

yep that’s what i have! :smileyvery-happy:

So i installed the theme, followed the instructions for thumbgen for one test movie… Angels and Demons.  Can you tell me what the theme should look like in general vs. the default one installed?  So far the main menus look exactly the same as the default. 

When i browse my videos … i still see the original theme gui… it isn’t until i get into the Angels and Demons folder and highlight the actual movie file that the work i did in thumbgen shows up perfectly… What am I missing?

Did you apply the theme.

On the HUB go to Setup / Appearance / User  Interface Themes, then select Mojo and Apply.

It should look like this HERE.

sorry… i should hav mentioned that i already applied the theme… nothing happened… looked exactly the same as the default theme

Did you try to update it on the HUB.  If you did then you have overwritten the Mojo theme.  And you’ll have delete it and recopy the theme to the HUB.

You can not update the theme using the HUB.

basically i downloaded the mojo zip on my PC… extracted on PC.  Then moved the two extracted folders to the theme folder in wd_tv.  Went to the Hub, applied theme… no change 

Then there is something wrong.

You said that you copied it to the wd_tv folder.  Did you copy it to the wd_tv folder or the wd_tv/theme folder?  If it’s the latter, then try this, right click on the the Mojo 1.10.02 (MS) folder and then select properties.  Check the folder size, it should be 40.07MB or 41.5MB (on disk).

Also, just to make sure, when you selected Mojo, when you were at the screen were it says Apply theme, did you see THIS image.

You can also open the Mojo folder and look in it. You should see a couple of folder, one of them named image and then you should see nothing but a bunch of xml files.

awesome !  figured it out… i actually copied the entire folder that extracted… i had to grab the mojo folder inside… that worked…  Theme installed… thanks for your Aweome help… and time!  I now need to verify that everything is showing up correctly… will let you know

Last few questions… i hope (slightly off topic)… I have movie trailers in my folders.  is there a way to hide files below a certain size?

Also  - almost all my local media was set up for xbmc interface… so i have a lot of extra info files, fanart, etc… does all of this need to be deleted?

You don’t have to delete you xbmc files, but they aren’t used, so personal I would just to keep things uncongested.

Also, there’s no way to hide files just based on file size.  But really you don’t need movie trailers, since you can access theme via the xml.  All you have to do is when you are focused on the file, press Options on your remote and the select “Watch trailer from Youtube”.

Also, just so that you know, folders do not display correctly.  So it is best not to have each movie in it’s own individual folder.  The best way to have your files is to make sure that they are a single file, either an iso, mkv, avi, etc., then have them organized something like this:

Action (folder)

16 Blocks.mkv

Die Hard 01.mkv

Die Hard 02.mkv

Die Hard 03.mkv

Die Hard 04.mkv

From Paris with Love.mkv

etc.

Amimation (folder)

9.mkv

Despicalble Me.mkv

Ice Age 01.mkv

Ice Age 02.mkv

Ice Age 03.mkv

etc.

And so on.  If you have each movie in it’s own folder you will not get the best look from Mojo, or any other theme.

i have 300 + movies… each one is in its own folder.  and each folder has the xbms files/folders, plus the new ones created by thumbgen… so you are saying i should take all the main movie files and group them into large categories…like, action, drama, etc… that way mojo gets it mojo ? :stuck_out_tongue:

as for the trailer files… i am not sure i follow.  You are suggesting that i leave them in the main movie folders? i could have 300 trailers for my 300 movies… leaves 600 files… not sure how i eliminate them from showing up all over the place by watching via youtube?

Thanks!

Yes, exactly.  Having them in catagories is the best way, if you have them in individual folder you will not get the effect you are looking for.  This is due to a limitation in the HUB’s firmware.

As for the trailers, what I’m saying is that you shouldn’t need them because you can acces trailers from YouTube, which are probably the same trailers that you have stored on the drive.  So unless you just want them I would delete them to save space.

If you press Options on your remote, then select “Watch trailer from YouTube”, on a movie that you have generated the data for you will see what I mean.

so for example, let’s say i create a Action folder and move 100 movies in.  WHen i get done with Thumbgen, i would have 4 additional files for each movie… so i would have 400 additional files in the Action folder.  Since each file is named specifically for each movie… Hub and mojo should have no problem rending the images, etc.  

Thoughts?

Pete

Also, if your movie doesn’t have a trailer on Youtube you can upload it, then add the youtube address to your movies xml.  As long as it has a youtube address you can watch it.

Basically, this would be like streaming your trailer from a server, rather than having it stored locally.

yep I follow… so do my other comments make sense?  regarding the other 400 files generated out of thumbgen?  No issues with having all of those in one folder… i assume because they are uniquely named?

pmmeren wrote:

so for example, let’s say i create a Action folder and move 100 movies in.  WHen i get done with Thumbgen, i would have 4 additional files for each movie… so i would have 400 additional files in the Action folder.  Since each file is named specifically for each movie… Hub and mojo should have no problem rending the images, etc.  

Thoughts?

Pete

Correct, it doesn’t matter how many files you have, as long as they are named correctly, the HUB (Mojo is a theme and just affects the appearance, not the preformance) will associate the correct files with the correct movie.

pmmeren wrote:

yep I follow… so do my other comments make sense?  regarding the other 400 files generated out of thumbgen?  No issues with having all of those in one folder… i assume because they are uniquely named?

Nope, no problems. This is how I have mine, and even though I try to keep mine seperated more than that, the largest number of files I have in one folder is about 82 movie files (which is 498 individual files, because I generate extra files for thumbgen) and have not had any problems.

As a matter of fact, I have somewhere around 700 or 800 movie files just on internal drive, plus their data files and have not had any problems with anything being displayed.