Before you pack up your WD and return it, let's talk about Copying Speeds!

I was trying to get paid by the word :stuck_out_tongue:

Bottom line:
The cloud is almost never to blame with some caveats. Check out the other post that might help “Before you RMA your device lets talk about your problems” as it gives you things to do instead of SSH’ing and typing command line - commands.

if you are connected from computer to cloud end to end through an ethernet cable, either through a gigabit router or a switch, you should get gigabit speeds meaning around 80MB/s copying of a 800MB file. Note: You won’t get that speed with a bunch of small files though because this is a problem with the OS and file structure rather than the Cloud.

You will not get gigabit speeds over Wifi unless you have an AC Wifi router and even then you get about a max of 40 to 60MB/s speeds.

Average Wifi speeds is around a max of 10MB/s and less, equivalent to about 80mb/s (notice the small letters of mb/s which means megabit per second which is divided by 8 to get MB/s megabyte per second).

When you start to copy a bunch of small files like jpgs (photos), mp3s, ebooks and such, you drop to about 2 or 3MB/s even when you have a ethernet cable connected. This is just the way it is and not the fault of the Cloud.

Also you might not get gigabit speeds on ethernet cable if you have 100mb/s devices connected on your router/switch. Apparently this is still an issue as I had a lutron (light switches) bridge and a security alarm device both at 100mb/s connected on my network and this completely slows down the whole network.

In order to fix this, you have to remove them to a separate network and that is another subject altogether.

Good luck…