Be careful with your website/PR wording

“If you are looking for the capacity tha My Book Duo offers “PLUS” anywhere access”

That’s not true, and that’s the main problem of all WD Cloud products:
They do not offer their hard drive’s capacity to be plugged directly to a computer, thus making it risky and impossible to access files or troubleshoot if the internet box/router is down…

Augure wrote: …thus making it risky and impossible to access files or troubleshoot if the internet box/router is down…

You don’t need internet access to use it locally, so it doesn’t matter if your “internet box” is down or not.

You need a router, which often is found in an internet box, I never said you need the Internet.

And that’s completely stupid, even unacceptable that, if ever your router is done, you can’t even access your drive or do some maintenance by pluging it into a computer.

And what pisses me off, is that this section above, lies about the capacity do this.

No, you don’t need a router. And, yes, you CAN connect it directly to a PC via Ethernet. There’s dozens of posts on the community about doing that, You say they’re lying, but (to put it bluntly), looking at your post history where these questions have already been addressed, it’s actually your lack of knowledge that’s at issue here.

So wait you are saying that we actually can transfert file and do maintenance by directly connecting the My Cloud to a PC through ethernet. I didn’t hear about that.

Then, in my home or my office, NOT ONE PERSON still has an ethernet port on his PC/Mac. It’s like saying yes you can transfert data, but with Firewire400…

Augure wrote:

So wait you are saying that we actually can transfert file and do maintenance by directly connecting the My Cloud to a PC through ethernet. I didn’t hear about that.

If you didn’t hear about it, it’s because you’re not reading responses in your other threads, such as:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Just-one-question-about-My-Cloud/m-p/629535/highlight/true#M2167

I can confirm from personal experience that a MyCloud Mirror connected directly to the Ethernet port on my netbook works fine (it appears under the network tab as usual and works same as if it’s on the network, just possibly a bit quicker). I had an issue with Smartware and that was one test that was done (issue turned out to be the age and (lack of) speed of my router - direct connection proved it).

The fact that Apple in their wisdom decided that Ethernet ports were redundant on Mac’s is a whole other can of worms, and not one for WD to answer for. Dongles and connectors are available to allow Ethernet connection to them iirc, but of course you have to buy them at their usual inflated prices.