Attention Themers 1.12.14 Mochi OSD

so went through and looked at now playing - linksheets on rv_home.xml

so actually, the value’s we want have almost no relation to rv_home.xml

you have to follow the include statements

first it’s inc info.xml

which has it’s own include statement inc_generic_now_playing.xml

this is the xml that actually populates the text you see on screen while on rv_home.xml and music is playing

this is the only pre-existing text item on that page

<text text=“@@info_rolling_message” x=“359” y=“41” w=“886” h=“22” fontsize=“20” speed=“1” delay=“2” align=“left” textcolor=“0x000000” auto_translate=“1”/>

which is a concatonation of multiple variables

file/song name

album name

artist name

I’ve tried adding other text elements such as these directly to inc_generic_now_playing.xml without any success

<text text=“@@text-info” x=“911” y=“114” w=“300” h=“32” align=“right” fontsize=“30”
        actnoseltextcolor=“0xff8400” activetextcolor=“0xc1c1c1” actoverlistcolor=“0xc1c1c1” textcolor=“0xc1c1c1”
        disable=“@@disable-INFO” active=“@@act-INFO”/>
    <text text=“@@album_name” x=“190” y=“58” w=“700” h=“42” fontsize=“40” auto_translate=“1” speed=“1” delay=“2”/>

but regardless the item you would actually want to access is a

which is part of a browse table

a page or two back, I tried manipulating browse table text, I don’t think it’s practical or possible

while I was able to get an image to display

item 0 will change, which makes the whole thing pointless

Ok, so lets clear some things up.

First, although the media library does have issues, for the most part is works if you organize your files right and you Only use Filter by Folder.

Second, there is no reason to have to delete the .wd_tv folders unless you have an issue that Clear Media Library doesn’t resolve or unless you use .metathumbs or the internal scrapper.   I have the Media Library turned on on both my SMP and HUB and rarely ever have an issue that Clear Media Library doesn’t resolve and almost never have to delete the .wd_tv folders (and I do a lot of changing and adding to my media).   Also, if you have files scattered across multiple network shares like I do, then you really need the media library turned just to keep from having to switch shares.

Third, as for adding linksheets for music.  Why would anyone want to assign linksheets to the file name?  If you have 100 albums and each album has 15 songs, that’s 1500 sheets because you have to create a linksheet for each song.  Even if you use the same linksheet for all the songs in a album, that is still one sheet for each song.  It’s best to assign the linksheet to the album name, but this does require correct tagging for your music files and the media library turned on.

However, if this is the way that you do want to do it, you need to make sure that you change how the track is displayed, Setup / Music Settings / Audio Track Display / By File Name. This should work with library on or off.

And as for using linksheets for the Now Playing on the Home screen, you can probably do so using the"@@info_rolling_message" to invoke a linksheet for the album name.  But you probably won’t be able to invoke the linksheet for Now Playing on the Home menu using file name links because there will probably be a confilct in that it will attempt to invoke the current file as well as the “Next song” since both are displayed using the variable.

Forth, as I have stated many, many times, there are very few variables that are used in one xml that will work in another xml.  Most of the variable have been attempt in other xmls, and they don’t work.  Pretty much, you are stuck with the known variables that appear in each xml.  Not you can’t try, but I pretty much guaranty that it has already been attempted and if it worked you would have seen it already.  That is how “@@focused_title” was found to work.

geez, forget to take your pil today

Just the facts ma’am. Just the facts.:dizzy_face:

Thank you many times KAD79 and Tin for your excellent reseach and statement  :smiley::smiley:

Especially the variable “@@info_rolling_message” … coming from the include of another include,

well (for me) not very easy to understand at all.

I can’t wait to try with an example later … 

The @@info_rolling_message won’t work with Linksheets … I’ve tried (and Many other Variables as well)

eg.

@@info_bar_artist_name

@@now_artist

@@now_filename

@@now_album

@@songname

@@album

@@artist

@@info_songname

@@info_album

@@info_artist

@@playing_songname

@@playing_album

@@playing_artist

The “inc” aka. “Includes” function to me, is kinda like “GOSUB” in B.A.S.I.C.  (aka. a Sub-Routine)

Yes, that’s also what I found out while dealing with the last two hours :cry:

But thanks Joey, so I will stop my tries about that now.

I thought perhaps I would have made a mistake by editing the XML or in naming the linksheets correctly. 

Has someone an idea how to get a result like shown in message 95 ?

Of course it would be perfect to have just *one* music background fanart/linksheet for each band …

@Steffen_2009

Yeah, sorry it’s a bummer … trying to get something to work and trying to find solutions to problems within the constraints of the Firmware is frustrating.

I’ve been “dealing with it” for the last 2 Years :smileyvery-happy:

All I, and others can do is “Try”   and who knows ? Someone or something will crack it :smiley:

Well, Happy New Year !  It’s 2013 here in Australia … My New Years Resolution: Remain Optimistic (and keep trying)

@Steffen_2009

Has someone an idea how to get a result like shown in message 95 ?

Here ya go  :wink:   

Yes, Joey, to stay optimistic and keep on trying is really a good motto for 2013 - not just for theming, for everything in life !

So Happy new Year 2013 to everyone … here we are still 4 hours away from it .

The AEONISH home-screen with playing music is still the reference and best thing I have ever seen. Since it was published I have been hoping TG will expand and suppport music as well and create the needed “combination” music sheets for that. To create all the manual music pictures is not possible for a  medium-sized music libary.

There are external programms (like foobar200-plug-Ins) for an automatic download of music fanart . My idea was using the linksheet-method with these files and get the same result.

• It seems there aren’t any (music) variables working on the home-screen , right ?

@KAD79 , with the homebrew for the SMP …

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/homebrew-now-available/m-p/523646#M15872

• do you think we have more possibilities with that for dynamic music background sheets on the home-screen ?

correct, there are no working music variables on rv_home.xml

as for homebrew, I don’t know of any plans to port WDTVext to the SMP

so probably no dynamic variables, at least not in the near future

ps. as for .wd_tv folders

it’s still my recommendation to delete those if people are having problems with the device

clear media library,  doesn’t work properly here

@Steffen_2009

This does not Solve Music Linksheets on the Home Menu …

But, it’s kinda a ‘temporary’ work-around for something that ‘resembles’ the Home Screen

Posted in the appropriate thread …

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/to-all-the-themers-music-playing-view/m-p/526510#M10663

Hey Guys,

Just bought the 3gen wd tv live and had to notice, that the normal theme is quite limited (only one view with movie description) so I did some research for theming.

Now I read the word linksheets again and again - and to be honest I do not understand the difference between linksheets and the normal moviesheets. llinksheets are only stored in one folder and i have to upload them via the theme? And do i have to edit the path in the theme somewhere, so the theme knows where to look for the pictures? 
And am i right, when i say, that you always have to use the thumbgen on the pc and can not use the function of the wd tv live smp itself (“get movie information”)?

Btw - Does the Hub has more view modes? Like Covers only and stuff…

Regards

moviesheets -

official support

uses xml files

slow

has a photoslide show effect, which many do not like

moviesheets are stored in same directory as movies

does not support moviesheets for folders

linksheets

does not use xml files

does not have official wd support

linksheets go inside the theme’s root folder (SMP is limited to 30MB without custom firmware)

fast

images are static

requires renaming files after they are created

supports linksheets for folders

1 Like