Asking for username and password when using EasyUS Todo Backup

Hello,

We are using EasyUS Todo Backup to backup data to an external USB stick but when selecting the MyCloud network drive (either through \MYCLOUD-XXXX or when mapped to a drive, e.g. Z:) it asks for a username and password. This didn’t happen with our previous disk, which was a MyBook Live.

Network drive can be accessed through Windows Explorer without problems, it’s only when we select the drive in EasyUS Backup that it asks for username and password.

Is there a username and password built in on the MyCloud that can be used to access it with EasyUS Backup?

Thank you in advance.

My Cloud Home Public share is not password protected. However, your network or Windows 10 may not allow access to an non password protected network share. When selecting the Public Share, you should be able to use any user/name password combination to access the share.

IE: your network credentials or any random username/password such as mycloudhome and mycloudhome

The Network Mounted User Private space should not be used for Backups, but the only way to access this drive is if the backup software supports the Call Back File System (CBFS). Keep in mind that any content added to the user private space will be indexing and thumbnail generated for all support content.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=21016&s=

I’m talking about “\MYCLOUD-XXXXXX\Public” and we could access the same directory on our previous hard drive, a MyBook Live, which was a non password protected share, so it’s not a problem with Windows 10 or our network.

Entering any username/password (tried guest/guest, guest/password, local user) gives the message “Multiple connections to a server or a shared resource by the same user using more than one username is not allowed”. I’m guessing this could be some built in error message in EasyUS Backup though.

That’s a Windows SMB Networking Issue
It’s explained in this My Cloud (not My Cloud Home article) but the same SMB concept applies in this case