[APP] MiniDLNA original/patched for firmware V4+ (08/2017)

@Nazar

May I request in getting “flexget” for fw4.x. It is installed from the Python package manager and requires
Python 2.7.9, Python-pip, flexget

Would really appreciate it. I’ve been trying to get Python and Python-pip installed from Fox_exes repo but it seems to be missing dependencies…
I’ve posted several times in his thread but no luck.

Thanks

Working now!  thanks for all your effort in setting this up.

I want to install minidlna on another MyCloud.

Now I get the following error:

Downloading → minidlna_1.1.4.patched-1 (6,894,245Bytes)…
Error-2: Unable to retrieve required files! Parse error.

Is this a temporary error?

EDIT: Now it works. Thanks!

alirz1 wrote:
@Nazar

May I request in getting “flexget” for fw4.x. It is installed from the Python package manager and requires
Python 2.7.9, Python-pip, flexget

Would really appreciate it. I’ve been trying to get Python and Python-pip installed from Fox_exes repo but it seems to be missing dependencies…
I’ve posted several times in his thread but no luck.

Thanks

I never used Fox_exes repo before because majority are untested and incomplete and I believe it’s not easy to maintain a repo though he’s doing a good job.

I’ll take a look at flexget but not anytime soon as I’ve been busy lately…

Anyone get the cover art to work.  I just get the default Video icon for mine

scimini wrote:

Anyone get the cover art to work.  I just get the default Video icon for mine

Does your client support thumbnails? MiniDLNA officially only supports cover art if you place an image of similar filename to the video file. The patched version of MiniDLNA on my first post can extract the video image using ffmpeg as cover image or thumbnail.

Hello all,

First really big thanks to nazar78, without you i will never achieve install miniDLNA !

But I ve got some problem again with my TV, a Samsung C series (46C8700). Maybe someone could help me ?

Patched Version 1.1.4.patched-1: installed :

1. Remember last position-INOP

2. srt subtitles- INOP

3. Fast forward and rewind-INOP

4. Play,Stop and pause-OK

5. Thumbnails-OK

I just simply change value samsung_dcm_capability= yes to samsung_dcm_capability= no

and I’ve got now :

1. Remember last position-OK

2. srt subtitles- INOP

3. Fast forward and rewind-INOP

4. Play,Stop and pause-OK

5. Thumbnails-OK

Always no Fast forward and rewind.

Somebody have got an Idea ? Maybe something wrong in ninidlna.conf ?

@FF2Damien,

I can’t really test your case, I’m using Samsung E series which seems to work fine with FFW/RWD/SKIP.

Do you have the same issue with Twonky?

Okey fixed !

Just use of remote controler was incorect :

Usually, I puch on fast foward arrow >> or fast rewind arrow << and It work, but TV answer something  like “wrong input”

I found when I hold left < or right > arrow (to navigate in menu), it works !!!

1 Like

Great you’ve fixed it and thanks for sharing. It might help others.

Yep, for my samsung 46C8700

This tip work with twonky, but remember last position is unable with twonky.

srt subtitles are still inop, but its due to samsung firmware. I hav’nt got them even an hard drive is connected in USB.

Thanks again for your work, miniDLNA work fine,

I also tested your pyload guide : this soft it’s really fantastic !

first of all thanks for your work by creating these scripts, I worked the Transmission smoothly, but I have not been able to minidlna, I get the following message:

Downloading -> minidlna_1.1.4.patched-1 (6,894,245Bytes)…
Error-8: Unable to retrieve required files! Server issued an error response:

kaosrq wrote:

first of all thanks for your work by creating these scripts, I worked the Transmission smoothly, but I have not been able to minidlna, I get the following message:

Downloading -> minidlna_1.1.4.patched-1 (6,894,245Bytes)…
Error-8: Unable to retrieve required files! Server issued an error response:

Try again later. It could be lag. I have lots of others trying to download from my nas.

thanks, it works again

Hi Nazar,
Could you please advise me how to uninstall miniDLNA, if at all I need to.
Thanks.

@TDS_D 

dpkg -r minidlna

Thanks Nazar.

@TDS_D

No problem.

Great job.  Just downloaded and installed the 1.1.4.patched-1 file.  It installed with no problem.

Thanks

RAC

This Question is for Nazar78.  I know that this question is no  related to the MY Cloud.  But I have compiled minidlna 1.0.25 with no problems.  I can also compile minidlna-1.1.4 for a x86 machine.  I’m trying to compile minidlan-1.1.4

for an arm machine.  When I run the configure it fails at the jpeg_set_default.  It seems that the error is

ERROR: /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so uses software FP, whereas conftest uses hardware FP.

I noticed in the makefile for minidlna-1.0.25 uses -msoft-float.  Not sure how to get configure to use -msoft-float.

If you can help me I would appreciate it.

RAC