Anti-Virus Essentials v.1.29 offline

Hello pgrever,

I got the same message:

As it seems however, I got around it.

I´m using an EX2 Ultra under OS version 5.21.104 with a RAID 1 of two 2 TB drives , current data volume (disk space used) is 1 TB (each drive). Approx. 70% of data stored is incremental backup files compressed by backup software, i.e. file sizes of several GB each and compression file format. No apps installed other than Anti-Virus Essentials (ClamAV), no remote software (like backup software e.g. or media player) whatsoever accessing, Cloud Service (`Cloud Access´) is off, UPnP is set to off on my Connect Box (router/gateway device) as I don´t approve.

I got the above message with Anti-Virus Essentials 1.38 last week. After reading several threads regarding Anti-Virus Essentials I first checked if a full virus scan would work with 1.38. It did, although it took about 2 days without so much as the slightest progress displayed in the progress bar window.
After that I uninstalled Anti-Virus Essentials via Dashboard, rebooted the EX2 Ultra by way of Dashboard and once again installed Anti-Virus Essentials by Dashboard, which since is version 1.39. I subsequently started the virus database update by use of the Dashboard, which again took almost 2 days.

You may take a look at my post in this thread for some additional information, if you care: Anti-virus essentials not updating - #34 by ichbeans

Revised: I started a full virus scan under 1.39 as well (on the same NAS device, nothing changed except update to version 1.39 and update of the virus database). Progress bar climbed from 0% to 2% in the course of 10 days (a day for each percent), processor and RAM showed medium use though and ClamAV processes were obviously running. However, I don´t think further attempts will be of any avail, so I will shut down Anti-Virus Essentials and rely on the client´s (notebook computer) real-time antivirus software before moving the data to the NAS.

Have a nice day.