Anti-Virus Essentials DB update taking forever

The latest version (1.40) did not remedy the slowness… half a day to update the virus definitions.

#WDUserRewards

Stuck at …daily.cvd[99%] for days
All firmware updated. iOS 5
How can this be fixed?

2 Likes

Read the article - although it explains the last 1% is a complete database check - this is useless to me - its been at 99% for 5 days, so I cancelled it. How does that help detecting viruses again? It can’t detect while updating.

And yes - while it is not made by WDC it’s not third party either. A lot of the software in the MyCloud is third party, but it has to be supported by WDC as its an integral part of the system, and it’s bundled. In addition, It’s included in their store which means they have complete control over it, and they should remove it from their store before anyone else wastes time and money for a false sense of AV security - as I had NO idea it wasn’t running until I checked 5 days later.

1 Like

The problem is, that the database is outdated. Activate ssh in the settings and connect to the system with sshd (root-privileges - BE CAREFUL!!!) If you have a look at the logs everything is clear! So you have to “freshclam” the Database and you’ll enjoy the antivirus essentials without any problems!

1 Like

It’s not working … for me

Hello
Can you provide some details on what look for in the logs and how to fix the issue?
I’m blocked on 99% since yesterday
Thanks