Alternative Firmware (Debian Jessie, Synology DSM6)

@Fox_exe I followed the instructions to install DSM 6 on my WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra. I was able to upload the firmware and get it set up. It was working for about 5 hours but now when I log in I get an all white screen. Is there a way to fix this or am I out of luck?

Thank you!

I was able to remove both drives reformat and place back into mycloud device and it appears to have allowed me to reupload the dsm file but lost all my data obviously. Is this not stable or is there a setting I’m not supposed to use that is causing issues? I only installed HyperBackup and HB Vault to allow backups. The only other thing I did was reboot the device from the web interface.

Hi friends, i have a WDMyCloud Mirror Gen2 with DSM 6.0.2-8451. I need to update it at minimum 6.2 version (or also most updated) for install Synology drive server. It’s possible to do this? If yes where i can download the right version of the DSM 6.2 file? Thanks a lot.

Hello could you please provide for me files from this link? (milan.b7@gmail.com)
This link in not avaliable: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_6OlQ_H0PxVSWYxWDBtS2wwejA
I need “uImage” and uRamdisk" for my Cloud EX2 Ultra.
Thank you.

hackers.cx/wdnas

Please tell my how to back DSM to WD?

Hi everyone

I am installing DSM on WDMyCloud Gen1.
Followed Fox’s instructions. I could install some packages, like PhotoStation and so on…
It now shows me a welcome screen and a button saying Set up and then asks me for a .pat file

Does anyone have a valid .pat file for Gen1?
Thanks in advance,