All day today - March 6th - cannot access MyCloud when USB 3 drive is attached

All day today - March 6th - cannot access MyCloud when USB 3 drive (MyBook) is attached.

I thought it might be because I needed to do the firmware update on the Mycloud.  So I did.  Then I restarted and it hasn’t corrected itself.

If I unplug/replug the Mycloud with the USB drive attached, it will read both and allow access to both for several minutes, maximum.  After that I get the dreaded dialog box:

\drivename is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found.

Nothing has changed on my end.  I’ve been able to use it before now.  If I disconnect the USB drive I have access without an issue.

I’ve also tried rebooting the USB drive, un/reattaching the USB cable, un/replugging it. All to no avail.

What the heck is going on over there?  Every time this has happened (where mycloud is inaccessible like this) it’s been something WD is futzing with and/or the firmware. Whatever you guys are doing: STOP IT.  I need access to my USB drive, as it’s my nightly Safepoint drive.  For that matter, I need access to my files on Mycloud.

Anyone with any information, I’d appreciate hearing from you.  Same goes for anyone else out there encountering the same issue.

Thanks

-Mel

The unauthorized last word and solution to this is here.

1 Like

Hi - thanks. I’m kinda thinking WD is in the midst of changes that are making this happen, tho. It was working last night.  I should mention (don’t think I mentioned it before) that I’ve rebooted the mycloud both with and without the USB attached.  I’ll give it a shot if all else fails and we don’t hear back from WD.

Hot **bleep** it worked.  Thanks Raphael.  I un/replugged mycloud and let it run without an attached USB drive for well over an hour. Then attached the USB drive. All is well now.  Thanks! 

Good to hear :slight_smile: just click on the star next to my name to give me a kudos; going to try to cash those kudos in for another cloud drive or something from WD :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like