After WD Quick Format can I make some logical partitions?

after WD Quick Format can I make some logical partitions?

I got WD Elements 4TB, and I want to use it with Windows XP SP3 which doesn’t see it even if I formatted it once as MBR and set a single 2TB partition… although might have USB driver issues. Windows 7 32bit sees it

Hey @angry.pidgeon,

Since you have done all the possible things to resolved the issue.mow the only option left, as you said update the USB Drivers. kindly follow the steps in order to update the USB Drivers:

1.Click “Start” and right-click “My Computer”.
2.Select “Properties”. Click “Hardware” in the System Property window that appears. Click the “Device Manager” button.
3.Click “Universal Serial Bus Controllers”. Right-click each USB Universal Host Controller and choose “Update Driver”, one at a time. Click “Next” and “Finish”.

Hope this resolves the issue.

Thank you, but the question was whether I can create logical partitions after WD format. The article keeps saying the format will make one partition because it’s optimal. That means stick with one or can I create some more?

Hey @angry.pidgeon

Using WD software you wont be able to create partitions. For that you may use the OS inbuilt utility, Disk Management.

No problem. Just worried if creating partitions will make wd elements invisible to windows xp again, meaning ruining compatibility somehow, that’s my problem. I’m aware to make them less than 2TB. There’s two free partitioning tools out there, minitool and easyus’s