Æonish Hub Media Flag Edition

@ JoeySmyth

Hi Joey!

I understand that and perhaps i didnt express my doubt correctly. The Home screen and the setup works great on the new firmware, but once i click on video or music the screen does not appear as intended to. What i was hoping to do is to keep your theme’s home screen and setup, and the rest from Mocha theme. For that to workout, i understand that i need to erase some of your theme’s xml so mocha can replace them, isnt it? (sorry about my poor english…im from Brazil)

Can you tell me where can i find what am i going to lose making the rollback on my firmware? 

Thanks a lot!

How do you guys manage your music on the HUB and how to make the covers correct?

There is in FW 2.07 no music scraper try mp3tag or tagscanner to edit the embedded mp3 ID3tags. Making musicsheets for this theme is something you have to do yourself with the provided music template for thumbgen.

Joey also made a AEonisch Hub theme version which can handle ID3tags. Maybe you can blend the two themes together to get a ID3tag/Media Flag Edition …

For the ID3tag version of the theme you can use this to make things work.

one small queastion again (sorry :P)

How to make some nice folder thumbnails? i created some folder.jpg and folder.png for my folders, but they won’t show. Or how could i “style” my folders?

Made a small xml & background image adjustment for my movie/gallery view :slight_smile: :

3 Likes

@Paulus-NL

Looks Good … Download Links ?

have to make some final tweaks (and find out how you solved it :stuck_out_tongue: )

and still looking for a solution with folder art for my tvshows/docu. i can’t show the folder images :frowning:

example:

Family Guy

• folder.jpg

• Season 09

– folder.jpg

-Season 10

– folder.jpg

any ideas how to get this working?

@Paulus_NL

Folders have to use a “True” JPG  (Alpha Channel Transparency PNGs dont work with folders… It’s a Firmware Issue)

In Early tests, i have got “Folder” Artwork ‘working’  (it requires additional code)  but the Image quality is very very poor.

Folders dont like large image sizes( 859x360) and in addition, the scale_type=“pan” code.

The larger the resolution the more pixelated it becomes … the smaller the resolution the more blurry it becomes.

So, for all the above reasons … it ditched the code and the idea.

So, for Folders … just use a Standard Size Image 219x360 True JPG created with Æonish Hub Folder Template.

thx, folder.jpg is working now. made some art in photoshop using these :slight_smile:

Hey Paulus-NL,

Your screen looks great… Pls share download links.

Hello0154 wrote:

Hey Paulus-NL,

Your screen looks great… Pls share download links.

Download link

Credits go to Joey :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Paulus-NL,

Can you please let me know which all files you have updated?

I am getting N/A for Year and some junk values for director.

Will try to update it myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks in advance.

@Hello0154

Year and Director are displayed from the Movie XML … (so if they are not displayed correctly 1st place to look is the Movie XML  not the Theme XML)

eg.  The “Year” in a Movie XML must be in this format for “Gallery View” to display it…

2003-06-03

dashes,spaces,years,month,date  must be in this format … but the crazy thing is, the ‘Gallery View’ displays this as

Year: 06/03/2003      Go Figure ? :neutral_face:

Director in the Movie XML shoud look like this to display correctly …

Alan Smithee

P.S. If you are using ‘Thumbgen’ then the problem can be there as well … eg. Incorrect Date Format Settings and not scraping Movie Director Info correctly .

1 Like

Thanks Joey,

I will check movie XMLs. I am using Thumbgen. is there anything else that can be used?

@Hello0154

I will check movie XMLs. I am using Thumbgen. is there anything else that can be used?

Check you Thumbgen settings … lots of info lately in the Theme’s forum regarding “Year” format …

You could also, as a test use the Hub’s Scraper to create the XML and then Use Thumbgen to Create the Sheet…

Yeah, i know that’s “Double Handling”  but worth a test, to examine the Movie XML the Hub Creates which may help you

understand where your problem may be.

Thanks Joey,

I made some changes in the Thumbgen setting and got it.

Yet I am also getting release date rather than year :cry:

will try to find out solution for this.

Yet I am also getting release date rather than year

Sorry, im confused… you just want the Year ?  eg.  2012

and not  03/07/2012 ? 

Cant be done…  unless you hard-code it onto a moviesheet.

eg. The "Year" in a Movie XML must be in this format for "Gallery View" to display it...

<year>2003-06-03</year>

Exactly what I needed, took me forever to figure out why the dates weren’t showing in gallery view!

Will this theme work with Movie files organized into folders?

Eg: WDTVLIVEHUB\Movies\Hollywood\Contraband

or : WDTVLIVEHUB\Movies\Hollywood\Avatar 

Also, when i dowload this, there are 3 additional .rar’s in the single .rar.

Do i extract everything into one folder? or does everything extract into it’s  own folder?

All Responses are appreciated.

Thank You.

This is the primary theme that i use but my movie and TV collection is pretty big so scrolling thru movies/tv episodes takes forever not using the search. Is it possible to use this theme with movie categories?  Or it will only show your media library in one huge movie pool?  Also is it possible to have your media library split between TV and MOVIES with this theme? Currently when im on the MAIN MENU and choose VIDEO it goes straight into the all my video files in my media library which is TV episodes and MOVIES. So its like one massive TV/MOVIE collection. What is the best way to set everything up using this theme?

thanks