Æonish Hub Media Flag Edition

@ two_minutes

Is there a quick way to ammend information inside the XML file?  I have 4 files in my structure:

-Movie.avi

-Movie.avi.tgmd

-Movie.jpg (converted of course from .png)

-Movie.xml

The Good News is … because you have the “.tgmd” file for your Movies you can Quickly Re-Process your Movies without having to Go Online.

Sure, it will Re-Process the Moviesheets as well as the XML’s… to speed things up i would go into Option and change PNG back to JPG and Set the Quality to Maximum. (Quicker to Process a JPG than PNG)

Once finished… Put the Setting back to PNG, Delete the Moviesheets and Copy and Replace the OLD Xml’s with the Newly Created Ones.

2 Likes

Hi First of all thanks for all your great work and keep it up. I seem to be having a problem with the main menu. The titles seem to be in the wrong order when I press left or right it’ll jump 3 or so options, for example if I’m on video and press right it’ll go to music instead of online. Do you know why this is? I’m using firmware 2.04.13 if that helps.

Firmware 2.04.13 uses a “Different Order” of  Selections in the Home Menu (also, there is no GAMES)

(You will also find “Text Alignment”  Issues running this Theme on Firmware 2.04.13)

Æonish Hub Media Flag Edition is a requested “modification” of  Æonish Hub FR Revision 2.

Developed for Firmware 2.07.17

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/%C3%86onish-Hub-FR-Revision-2/td-p/181990

You will find an old Discontinued Version for FW 2.04.13  on that page, But this not include Revised XML & Graphics Changes that are in Æonish Hub FR Revision 2 and the Æonish Hub Media Flag Edition modification.

However it does have the Home Screen XML & Graphics that are Firmware 2.04.13 Compatible.

1 Like

Hi,

I really like this theme!  I know the WD TV Streaming Media Player (SMP) is not officially supported by the author, but I’m wondering if anyone out there has gotten this theme running on it?  I tried installing it and the movie info screen works fine but the movie info doesn’t show in the gallery view and the movie thumbnail looks bad.  Below is a screenshot.

Image of Aeonish Media Flag Display Problem

You can see the cover box is blurry and hard to read.  Also, the media flags don’t show.

Just wondering if this is something easy to fix or if there’s no way to get this theme working on the SMP and I need to look for a different theme?

Thanks!

@jaydee77ca

This is what happened on latest Hub Firmware as well. The only thing i experimented before rolling back to 2.07.17 was to Lower the Resolution of the Jpeg Moviesheet which requires resizing the Thumbgen template…  But after lowering the Res, the backdrop quality was not satisfactory.

Good Luck.

Hi Joey! 

Man i just love your theme, but since i’m using the latest firmware, i dont get to fully apreciate it. 

Can you help me pointing which xml files do i need to maintain to get the home appearence and full setup from your theme? I understand that the files that i don`t use will be replaced by mocha default theme automaticaly, right?

Thanks!!!

@Zeti01

Thanks

Ive tried the Theme on the latest Firmware and the Home Screen from memory worked fine as long as the RSS is disabled in the Setup Menu.

There is nothing in the XMLs to change to get things displaying properly…

Any display problems are caused by the Latest Firmware, not the Theme.

Running the Theme on Firmware 2.07.17 , everything displays properly, the way it was intended.

jaydee77ca wrote:

Hi,

I really like this theme!  I know the WD TV Streaming Media Player (SMP) is not officially supported by the author, but I’m wondering if anyone out there has gotten this theme running on it?  I tried installing it and the movie info screen works fine but the movie info doesn’t show in the gallery view and the movie thumbnail looks bad.  Below is a screenshot.

You can see the cover box is blurry and hard to read.  Also, the media flags don’t show.

Just wondering if this is something easy to fix or if there’s no way to get this theme working on the SMP and I need to look for a different theme?

Thanks!

Same problem here. so it can only be solved with an older FW version?

Paulus-NL wrote:

jaydee77ca wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

The image in the screenshot of moneyball is because the image file was not renamed from .Png to. Jpg

Once you rename the extention it will become a readable image like the rest

drizzt09 wrote:

Paulus-NL wrote:

jaydee77ca wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

The image in the screenshot of moneyball is because the image file was not renamed from .Png to. Jpg

Once you rename the extention it will become a readable image like the rest

I replaced the file to .jpg instead of .png but still the same problem. Do i miss an setting on my hub or xml?

Sometimes you need to do a power off/on to get it to take.

Maybe even turn media library on/off to let it rescan.

hmmmm when i compare the demo xml files and mine from thumbgen i see some difference. is this because of the new thumbgen?

i also get no thumbnail/cover or backdrop :frowning:

@Paulus-NL

To Put the issue to rest … all problems are Hardware and Firmware Specific.

hmmmm when i compare the demo xml files and mine from thumbgen i see some difference … this does not affect how the Thumbnails or Moviesheet is Displayed.

i also get no thumbnail/cover or backdrop … PNGs renamed to JPG  DO NOT WORK ANYMORE in latest Firmwares.

Media Flags Dont Show ? … “scale” command not working properly in Firmware."

100% Fine and Working  in Firmware 2.07.17 for the WDTV Live Hub

Coverbox (Thumbnail) hard to read and Blurry … again “scale” command not working properly in Firmware.

Reducing Image Resolution of Sheet (Converted back to JPG, because PNG Doesn’t Work anymore) does help…

But compromises the entire Picture Quality.

For 100% Working Properly and Displaying as Intended and Designed …

Use  Firmware 2.07.17 for the WDTV Live Hub only … not designed for SMP (Which is a Different Device)

JoeySmyth wrote:

@Paulus-NL

To Put the issue to rest … all problems are Hardware and Firmware Specific.

hmmmm when i compare the demo xml files and mine from thumbgen i see some difference … this does not affect how the Thumbnails or Moviesheet is Displayed.

Media Flags Dont Show ? … “scale” command not working properly in Firmware."

Coverbox (Thumbnail) hard to read and Blurry … again “scale” command not working properly in Firmware.

Reducing Image Resolution of Sheet (Converted back to JPG, because PNG Doesn’t Work anymore) does help…

But compromises the entire Picture Quality.

For 100% Working Properly and Displaying as Intended and Designed …

Use  Firmware 2.07.17 for the WDTV Live Hub only … not designed for SMP (Which is a Different Device)

thx, trying to downgrade my FW now :slight_smile:

To Anyone with a WDTV Live Hub wishing to Rollback Firmware to 2.07.17

The Hubs Scraper wont work in 2.07.17 after Rolling Back from the Latest Firmware.

(Hey, it’s still nice to have a feature… rather than to lose it)

To do a “Proper Rollback”  with the Internal Scraper still Working…  See Here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Re-Activate-Hub-Scraper-after-Rollback-GUIDE/td-p/385687

2 Likes

@JoeySmyth: it is working now :smiley: time to thumbgen my movies etc :smiley:

@Paulus-NL

That’s Great to Hear !

Would you mind posting exactly what you did for other Forum Members to Read ?

Just a Mini-Guide ?

ie. What Device , What Firmware , What Procedure

Thanks

JS

Device: WD TV Live HUB

Firmware: 3.03.16

using this FW i got some problems showing the theme 100%.

First i downloaded the theme+template files from:  http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/%C3%86onish-Hub-Media-Flag-Edition/td-p/367049 (first post)

second i removed all my thumb cache in the folder: .wd_tv on my hub (hidden folder) after that i restarted my HUB.

Still the problems.

Downgrading the FW to 2.07.17 with this page:  http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center-or-wd-tv-live

i downloaded  http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/Rollback_wdtvlivehub_2.07.17.zip and copied the 4 files inside the zip to an external USB.

I swtich my HUB to the default theme and plugged in the USB. The “NEW FIRMWARE” button appears on the homescreen. select it and install the new theme.

after rebooting the HUB i selected the Æonish Hub Media Flag Edition theme and all is working 100% now :slight_smile:

@Paulus-NL

Thank you for Posting your Procedure, i hope others will find it helpful … enjoy

Any Questions, please feel free to post here or via PM

JoeySmyth

In case you need the “Batch File” to auto Rename your *.pngs  to  *.jpgs 

In “Windows”  open  “Notepad”   (or Wordpad)

paste this into a New document …

ren *.png *.jpg

Now Save the Document as a    .bat

eg.  Paulus-Png2Jpg.bat

Copy Paulus-Png2Jpg.bat into the folder with the files that need to be renamed … and simply double click on the on the .bat file…

Should’nt take more than 2 blinks of eye to finish. :wink:

P.S. “ren” is an MS-DOS Command for “Rename”  … the Asterisk * is a Wildcard