Æonish Hub Media Flag Edition

@ kingb33

How you “Organize” your media is not “Theme” Specific

“Video” from the Main Menu whether it’s a Custom Theme or the Default WD Mochi Theme will behave the same.

Recommended  Practice is to put your Media into “Folders”

Press the GREEN button on your Remote Control to Sort by Folders.

ie.

MOVIES

TV

MUSIC VIDEO

HOME VIDEO

sure, you can create “sub folders” within these Main Folders 

ie.

MOVIES ---->

Action

Drama

Thriller

TV ---- >

True Blood —>

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Heroes —>

Season 1

Season 2

etc etc

Media Cataloging and File Sorting Structure is not Theme Dependant …

It’s WD Firmware Dependant.

1 Like

@ JoeySmyth

ahh i see…good to know. thx so much. I was like omg im going to hbave this one massive collection to scroll thru lol

Will i be able to add a custom folder thumbnail for each category? would it have to a .jpg named “folder”  ?

@kingb33

Will i be able to add a custom folder thumbnail for each category? would it have to a .jpg named “folder”  ?

Yes, that will work (make sure it’s a real .jpg  named folder.jpg) 

Also there is a Thumbgen Template for making folder images (use the Quicksheet option)

1 Like

@Joey

Thx for the feedback Joey…I’ve been working on this and one big dissapointment is that since i have a 2TB USB drive plugged into the the hub it separates the movies on it from the movies actually on the hub itself. The only way i can see all my movies in one list is to NOT filter by folder…

BROWSING----

Pre folder categories :  

VIDEO  > (then) MOVIES

Post folder categories:

VIDEO > (choose) USB2 or Media Hub >  (then) MOVIES >

Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

@kingb33

The latest Firmware has a ‘source’ filter “Media Library” which collates media from all sources (i think)

However, as you may be aware of … latest firmware does not support PNG’s + a number of other things that worked fine in older firmware… which are now either missing or broken.

1 Like

This confuses me just a little. I was extracting the theme and saw a number of .png files being extracted. Will this theme work fine with the latest firmware?

Spatel6 wrote:

This confuses me just a little. I was extracting the theme and saw a number of .png files being extracted. Will this theme work fine with the latest firmware?

The WD supports PNG files within the theme files themselves

The WD does not support PNG files for moviesheets or movie images or folder images

Some people have reported it sort of working I think on the latest firmware however it is designed for firmware 2.07

OFF TOPIC

Reposting Alaska Inpspired Theme as soon as the original thread is unlocked.

Thank you everyone for your patience.

PS There will be a couple of alternate versions… speed related differences (18&15 thumb versions)

On topic of the Off topic… :slight_smile:

hey joey

what image does the red box pull from: Background, Fanart 1,2,3? or other?

is it possible to move the box with the movie informations more to the top?