Advanced RMA not working?

There was a system error while processing the request. Please try again in a few minutes. If necessary, you may also contact our support team for assistance.

Getting that message on the checkout page … all day trying to order a replacement of my defective drive… and it keeps giving that error message.

Hi,

Sorry to hear that.

If you contact WD Support directly, they will be able to assist you creating the RMA for you.

WD Contact info:

From my experience this is a credit card problem-try a different card.

You might also be having the zero-value problem, in which case you’ll never be able to do a advanced rma (Advice to WD to improve RMA process (mods/admins plz read)). Thanks for whoever posted that, it was driving me crazy.

0 beginning CVC was fixed.

However tonight, RMA cannot be created no matter what card is used. Visa or Amex, doesn’t matter, get this message:

There was a system error while processing the request. Please try again in a few minutes. If necessary, you may also contact our support team for assistance.

same, no fix

this problem is back! looks like WD wanted to stop the complaints about their new calexico warehouse stealing people’s hard drives and pretending to ship with fake tracking numbers, delaying rma orders 2+ weeks etc, so now they just aren’t letting anyone submit warranty orders at all!!

@Great_Scottt

Can you update us when orders can be placed again?

“There was a system error while processing the request. Please try again in a few minutes. If necessary, you may also contact our support team for assistance.”

Even called WD and those India call center reps also could not place the order, got same error, and they have no idea what to do.

Is this to stop the complaints of the mexico warehouse not shipping orders and giving fake tracking?

I have an RMA to submit as well, & the same Mastercard I’ve used for 50 orders with WD for 2 years is also giving the same error message as of 8/17 at 11AM

So WD has definitely shut off placing new orders right now. They are a mess. They don’t even announce a major warehouse move from Kentucky to the California border, so their customers would be aware of long delays & errors with their orders and tracking? They probably need to hire some english speaking warehouse employees at Calexico!