Add a non-WD Camera to my ReadyView

Since WD doesnt offer a dome camera solution, I purchased a Swann SWNHD-866MSD. It’s a basic ip poe dome camera. The NVR sees the camera but it will not go online. Snip

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

I’ve played around with NVR’s in the past … 1st thing i discovered is that you can’t mix different resolution cameras with them.

If the NVR only supports a maximum resolution of 2MP or 4MP (like the WD ReadyView)

then a 5MP camera (like the Swann SWNHD-866MSD) won’t work.

It is the camera with the 192.168.1.10 Address? See if you have an option the change it to something like 172.16.0.XXX (xxx = 1 - 253), make sure not the use the same IP address the other camera. I know most of the NVR systems do not allow other vendor camera hookup to their system. Good Luck!!

Any updates, I still have problem with it?

Greetings Terrarium

After playing withe the camera a couple days, I decided to return it. Don’t know if the camera was defective or not. It’s frustrating because the documentation for both the camera and the WD ReadyView are so bad.

The WD Readyview supports ONVIF S,G and T profiles.

I have successfully added an Axis M3057 panoramic fish-eye camera and have multiple views, I am working on setting up the correct views.

Not sure if it is allowed but the WD NVR OEM appears to be Uniview so there may be more documentation on the Uniview (UNV) site to helps support and there is also youtube has videos from one on the Uniview distributors that show some of the processes WD uses.

So far I love my WD Device just wish there was a PC plugin or browser compatible application that would allow access on the LAN side of the NVR or remote PC capability.

1 Like

set up a vpn on your router to gain lan access. then enter your ReadyView LAN IP.

I got the bundle with 4 cameras and the box says it supports ONVIF cameras. So, I guess it doesn’t have to WD camera as long as it is ONVIF.

SORRY Folks, don’t ask me how but I successfully have a ONVIF Camera, Amcrest IP2M-841, hooked-up and running on my WD Ready View System’s NVR. I was using my PC, I.E. 11, plugged directly to the NVR. I started with configuring the 2mb Amcrest, by turning off Wi-Fi using Amcrest.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, well I believed I keep doing the same thing over and over again and it finally worked. Not sure if WD is going to continue and expand on it’s surveillance system! If they are they need to start expanding on their directions and/or point to the vendor who manufactured these NVR for searching/googling the internet, i.e. Uniview(?).

Follow-Up: I found this youtube link on the web site, How to connect & setup IP cameras using external PoE switch & Built-in PoE Ports UNIVIEW NVRS - YouTube which may aid others to adding cameras and navigating the NVR via direct connection via a Monitor, great directions. It definitely helped me getting and understanding the process of adding a ONVIF Camera and adding an additional WD Camera from my 2nd NVR System. Which by the way have the same IP Addresses but the NVR didn’t recognize it. Still had to fumble around after I released my ONVIF Camera and Plugged into a different Port. But it reduced the number of times doing the same thing over and over again (insanity) and expecting it to work.

1 Like

I was doing some research and came across this thread. From the screenshot I saw above it looks like the IP address of the camera you wanted to add needed to be changed to match the network. It looks like the cameras have a 172.16.0.## IPs The camera you wanted to add has 192.168.0.10. Which was probably a default IP address. If you were to connect it to a laptop in the same range like 192.168.0.100 with the use of a Poe injector you could log into the camera via web browser/webpage (open web browser and type in 192.168.0.10 in the url bar it may ask for a user name and password you could probably google default user and password for that make model camera)and change the IP address to match your security system. Usually under network or something like that. This would basically work for any IP camera. Hope this helps.

1 Like

After several attempts I have successfully added two (2) non WD dome cameras to the NVR. Support is limited in the WD advanced manual. The 1st camera is 4MP POE IP Camera IPC-HDW4433C-A Amazon $60. The 2nd is REOLINK PoE IP Camera Outdoor 5MP Amazon $50. Both cameras need to be initialized prior to connecting to the WD NVR. Both require their own configuration software to be downloaded and a 12v power supply. Configuration requires setting a static IP address, like 172.16.0.xx, and all of the initial parameters including, date format, and other specifics, most of which cannot be adjusted within the WD configuration format. After initializing the cameras then can be connected to the WD NVR, Camera needs to be configured and added into the camera summary. This is the confusing and undocumented configuration not specified in the WD documentation. Camera needs to be set to ONVIR and not plug & play. After adding the cameras they came online after about 10 minutes.

1 Like

Somebody, for the love of god, tell me that they got a non WD camera added to their Readyview. I have had no luck adding a Hikvision camera. Keep getting the message “user name and password incorrect”. Go to custom add, change the user name and password to the user name and password I entered into the Hikvision camera, but then get “the maximum number of cameras have been exceeded”. What the hell??

Anyone have any ideas?

“the maximum number of cameras have been exceeded”
That probably you enter a number that is not between 1-8, use a number between 1-8 that’s not already been taking by one of your camera.

See my reply to the thread below, I hope it helps
BTW, you can add cameras made by other manufacturers, or even connect them to a PoE switch on the network.

Have you try to reboot the system? If the reboot does not work, then each of those camera that is not online. You can press and hold the reset button on the back of the camera for 20-30 seconds. After you done with all that, reboot your system again. This should insure the system can communicate with the camera using the default username and password. If you change the default username and password to the camera before, then the system not not able to communicate to the camera and have them online.

There is. IE explorer supports lan streaming. Ive used multiple times. Chrome family does not.

For remote access, as others describe, VPN is a solution and remote pc control is a solutiin.

Did you set camera config gateway ip to the wd box 172.16.0.1 or.did you use your router gateway 192.168 etc.