WDTV Live Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 1.03.43_V (10/19/10)

Q-efx wrote:

It does! In normal ( offical)firmware it works.

Um…

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Sure it matters…  A good chunk of people reporting “12-bit doesn’t work” don’t have 12-bit capable devices.   It’s a red herring.

A reason that it “Worked in older versions” is because in the prior Betas, 12-bit was BROKEN, and was sending 8-bit instead, thus “It worked,” because they had a display, but they weren’t actually getting 12-bit.

Now they are, and it’s “Broken” because it’s not supported by their display.

RoofingGuy wrote:

Q-efx wrote:

Um…

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Sure it matters…  A good chunk of people reporting “12-bit doesn’t work” don’t have 12-bit capable devices.   It’s a red herring.

A reason that it “Worked in older versions” is because in the prior Betas, 12-bit was BROKEN, and was sending 8-bit instead, thus “It worked,” because they had a display, but they weren’t actually getting 12-bit.

------SFD 600Hz Intelligent Frame Creation Pro
xv YCC / xv Color
24p Playback More
Deep Color (10/12 bit)
3D Color Management
Vreal Pro 4
Eco mode (ambient light detection)
Image modes: Dynamic / Normal / True Cinema / Cinema / Games / Photo TBC
Sound enhancer: Select Music / Lyrics / User
Program Guide: 7-day EPG
Q-Link
Screensaver
Timer
Parental Controls

And now? And why does 1080p worked on not beta firmware? Did my TV reported wrong on switching?

Uh and edit: It is a Viera not viesta dunno why I often missthink this :slight_smile:

Well, there ya go!  :)

You still need to provide the correct Model# so the bug trackers can watch it…  

PANASONIC VIERA TX-P42S20B

Hmm, just thought about it, could be the HDMI cable? It is pretty old… ( Since they changed somethings acording to HMDI detection in the firmware, maybe the old cable dont support this? ^^)

Just upgraded to 1.03.43_V from 1.02.21.  My main reason was to see if I could get wireless working with my Netgear WN111 which was definitely listed as compatible when I bought the WD TV Live but would not work under 1.02.21 (this was confirmed by WD Support).  Under 1.03.43_V I can get a bit further:

• Blue light flashes on wireless dongle
  • SSID comes up on HD’s list

But still not sustain an actual connection.  :angry:

I *also* observed that some very useful features have been dropped from this release:

• No ability to browse music by Artist / Genre
  • No support for Playlists for video content

Very disappointing, nothing in this release for me, I will be downgrading.

Where that I can download this WDTV Live Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 1.03.43_V (10/19/10) for my wdtv live player

I’m having problems with MP4 audio!!!

Guess, I’m going back to 1.02.21!

RoofingGuy wrote:

Q-efx wrote:

Um…

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Yeah its a good excuse, but there is no proof that it is relevant. When its set to auto it should negotiate a connection when you start up. The older version did, the new ones doesn’t.
(And I’ve never had anything set to 12 bit)

Whattheheck: auto never negotiates color depth.

This is good.But we want to try to latest version too.Because my device doesn’t show  “.sub” extension files.

Most of HD movies have TR subtitles with “.sub” extension.  If I try on PC with KPMPlayer it works but WD didn’t. Because of that I want to try 1.03.43_V.  

I have tried the new firmware to see if the issue with switching audio channels in VFR MP4 files was finally addressed. It seems it was not.

In short the problem is that if you have a variable frame rate MP4 it plays fine until you switch the audio channel. Once switched, video speed is wrong (too slow or too fast) and audio always out of sync. Even switching back to the original channel makes no difference. You have to go back, and start the movie again to get it to play normally again. It was described quite well a while ago in this thread:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/No-support-for-more-than-one-audio-track/m-p/16820#M1550

Also I don’t get any sound via stereo (analog) output when I try playing an MKV with AC3 sound in it. It works fine as MP4, and AAC works in both.

I only just got my WDTV Live, and I’m seriously considering returning it - before this I had even planned on getting a second one.

It seems like we bought a beta product and that we are stuck with a beta product.

I have a Sony Bravia klv-46x200a.  Same HDMI handshake issue as ever.  I’m going to sell my WDTV Live to some unsuspecting fool, and get a unit that works.  WD won’t ever see me again.

AbhavanandA wrote:

I have a Sony Bravia klv-46x200a.  Same HDMI handshake issue as ever.  I’m going to sell my WDTV Live to some unsuspecting fool, and get a unit that works.  WD won’t ever see me again.

You seem like a nice person!!

Hi,

My WD Live has been running great for a few months now, and I love the product.  However, I have been experiencing some minor problems and seeking the help of the Tech Support.  They have been able to advice/resolve some of the issues.  However, for a flicker problem - I was referred to this Beta build.  I upgraded my box from 1.02.21 to 1.03.43.  My picture became completely un-usable.  I could barely manage to see anything on the screen, and I tried to change some of the Video settings but nothing seemed to work.  Finally I had to rollback to 1.02.21, to get it working again.

As an FYI, I am using HDMI to connect from the WD Live, and I usually have it set to use 1080i @60Hz with YPbCr, with a bit-depth of 12.  I connect it via an HDMI cable directly to my Sharp Aquos LC52D62U TV, while I use the Optical cable connected to my Harmon Kardon Receiver.

Can the developers please make note of the issue, and either look at fixing it, or advice on the alternative?  I would love to see a more stable release with fixes to my current picture flicker/blankout and network share issues.

Regards,

Scindia

PS - Are you planning to add support for NAS devices - and/or where network shares need username/passwords?

NAS devices have been supported since day 1.

Yes, from some of the posts it seems that some NAS are supported - however my experience has been otherwise! :slight_smile:

I have a Linksys WRT350N wireless router with a storage link.  In its Storage Link, i have a 1TB Seagate FreeAgent external HDD (I know I know…).  The storage link works great in terms of being a shared drive available to all the PCs in my home - the laptops as well as desktops.  However, the WD Live does not seem to pick it up at all.  And it does not give any option for username/password login either.

I am still on the 1.02.21 firmware, since the Beta testing did not work on my WD Live with my TV.

This firmware has solved every problem I have had with this device.  No longer have to re-sync audio or worry about player locking up with the compression hedder issue.  The “media server” function recognizes my drive but does not access it.  Not really an issue because I just navigate to network drives and access that way.  All in all, I’m pleased. 

Been running this latest beta for a while but the old bug I already reported a couple of times is still there, see http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/WDTV-Live-Limited-Public-Beta-1-03-38-V-8-11-10/m-p/43357#M3986

Basically you lose sound and video starts playing in slow-motion after you used the player for a while. Does nobody else have this problem?

Recently I bought this machine. I have the official firmware 1.02.21. There is interesting to replace it for this new beta firmware? My lcd is a sony bravia 46w4000. What´s new brings this beta firmware?