WDTV Live Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 1.03.43_V (10/19/10)

scindia wrote:

Yes, from some of the posts it seems that some NAS are supported - however my experience has been otherwise! :slight_smile:

I have a Linksys WRT350N wireless router with a storage link.  In its Storage Link, i have a 1TB Seagate FreeAgent external HDD (I know I know…).  The storage link works great in terms of being a shared drive available to all the PCs in my home - the laptops as well as desktops.  However, the WD Live does not seem to pick it up at all.  And it does not give any option for username/password login either.

I am still on the 1.02.21 firmware, since the Beta testing did not work on my WD Live with my TV.

If it’s not asking for a UID or PASSWORD it’s because it’s set to Automatic Login.   You can go turn that off in the Options menus under Networking.

1 Like

Thanks  TonyPh12345.   I was able to get to my NAS now - and one more change was that I was able to access it via the Network Share, rather than using the Media Server option.  But it works, and thats what matters more than how!  :-)

Now, if only I can get the screen flicker problem fixed - would have loved to try the 1.03.43 update, but it messes up the screen.  So will wait for some update from the folks re: that issue.

Everyone who has reported that has said a good HDMI cable fixes it.

Thanks - while I can certainly understand that, but the same cable works fine with my Blueray player as well as with the WD Live, when using the 1.02.21 build.  I have it set to 1080i @ 60Hz, with YPbCr and 12-bit depth.  Works great at this setting with this firmware, but not with 1.03.43.

It makes no difference to me.

Just giving a suggestion…  

Thanks - I do appreciate your help!

I have a 720p, two year old Panasonic plasma.

When the WD TV Live boots from scratch, everything works great via HDMI.  When it’s powered off via the remote button, I almost always have to grab the TV remote and switch from composite back to HDMI.  All in all, a major hassle.

Is it possible in some future beta to just force the WD TV Live to use HDMI/whatever, without checking for a handshake?

Where can I find this firmware ? 

mcpinto wrote:

Where can I find this firmware ? 

Its no longer available officially but you can try here at your own risk.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/WDTV-Live-Limited-Public-Beta-Firmware-Version-1-03-43-V-10-19/m-p/73832/highlight/true#M5583

I’m Wondering That Western Company With Many Users In Iran Doesn’t Support Their Language As Well. For Example Arabic Alphabetic Is 28 Letters Whereas Persian Alphabetic Is 32 Letters It Means Persian Is 4 letters More Than Arabic And Wdtv Doesn’t Display These 4 Letters As Well. I Have Been Waiting For 8 Months And Nothing Happend

The Solution Is Simple That Western Use(Zar)Font In Future Firmware. I Hope So The Manager See My Topic And Happy Thousands People Same Me In Iran. Thanks A Lot.

B Zar link( http://www.2-free.net/free-fonts/b-zar/38580.html))

Can I return to the official firmware?

Yes, the Rollback firmware was on the same page as the beta firmware.

Installed this to fix a Problem where using wdtv as network share was crashing the network connection of my w7 pc.

Installs and displays fine on a philips 37’, but regarding the network problem, I can’t even access my painfully configured w7 network share anymore - it sees the share and stays at connecting now:/$

Still must test a file with mkv header data, hope it at least will fix that so I can run all mkv from HD without remuxing.

TonyPh12345 wrote:
Whattheheck: auto never negotiates color depth.

AUTO = The Device should talk to the TV and display a picture when you power it up (just like all other devices do) - which is what I have been talking about (you are the one who keeps going on about color depth)

Lets keep this civil, guys. 

I did some checking:

1. Right now, the WD TV Lives do not check for color depth when HDMI handshakes.  We are working on changing that, so the negotiation checks for what color depth the tv is set for.
  2. Unless you set the WD TV Lives to 12 bit color depth, the WD TV will automatically default to 8 bit. 

The WHOLE WD TV team should apply for the Guinness Book of WORLD records…!!

I think i Better Not mention the Title for which they should Apply …!!!  :cry:  :angry:

1 Like

veda2810 wrote:

The WHOLE WD TV team should apply for the Guinness Book of WORLD records…!!

I think i Better Not mention the Title for which they should Apply …!!!  :cry:  :angry:

Is that in 12 bit color?

I meant they Should Apply For the slowest and saddest Firmware Developers in the World …!!!    :cry:  :angry:

1 Like

And yet there’s nothing stopping you from writing your own firmware for the unit.

Hi Guys,

with this firmware AAC live conversion to PCM is supported on HDMI interface?

How i can ear multichannel audio from a mkv or mp4 cmontainer with aac audio codec?

Thanks

Marco

WDTV Live - 1.03.43_V fw

ONKYO TX-SR608