WDTV Live Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 1.03.43_V (10/19/10)

I installed 1.03.43_V this morning (up from .39).

Equipment:
WDTV LIve, Beta 1.03.43_V
HSW301 Rosewill 3 port HDMI switch
Sony KDF-E42A10 LCD rear projection, 1080i max.

The installation went smooth and worked without further reboots. Initial display resolution was set to 720p.  Changing settings to TV’s maximum of 1080i, 60hz worked right away.  This TV does not appear to support deep color (it is not mentioned in user manual, and so setting the unit to 12-bit color causes the screen to go blank for several seconds, then reverts to 8-bit automatically.  (some previous betas allowed the selection of 12-bit, and the TV screen did not black out). This works as I would expect it to.

MP4 playback was smooth.

mkv playback was smooth.  Chapters in mkv files work.  Fast forward works. Variable frame rate files still do not play correctly (audio and video loose sync).

ISO playback was smooth.  Next >>| button skips to next chapter, however time display lags a bit. It would be nice if there was the option to choose individual chapters in much the same way as with mkv files, but at least we can get to them from the DVD menus.

m2t (transport streams) play well.  Fast forward works well.

I have tried several reboots including after unplugging the device and also tried resetting factory defaults and the device behaves well.

Thanks to WD for their continuing support of this product!

I look forward to a final release!

beta firmware is no more present… :mansad:

i’m too late :frowning:

or need to be fix the link :slight_smile:

“A reason that it “Worked in older versions” is because in the prior Betas, 12-bit was BROKEN, and was sending 8-bit instead, thus “It worked,” because they had a display, but they weren’t actually getting 12-bit.”

Maybe that’s the reason why many people with TVs that don’t support 12 bit, using the device with the official firmware with this setting to “on”, after installing this betas they got black picture because 12-bit was working correctly and the tv didn’t support it.

I think that those with problems with 12 bit color should roll back to the official firmware, then switch back from 12 bit color to 8 bit, then reinstall the beta firmware again and finally try to change to 12 bit again to see what happens…

If there is a black screen that means that the TV don’t support 12 bit color, if it works that means the TV support that.

anyone know if the beta is still available, I am getting a broken link

Hi,

It hasn’t happened before on previous betas (as far as I know),

but last night I noticed my TV 's resolution changed to 720 60HZ.

When I went into the settings it was on Composite (PAL).

(It was previously set to HDMI/ AUTO)

The WD TV LIVE had been in standby.

MY TV is one of those that shows the frequency even if the WD TV LIVE is in

standby. I hadn’t pulled the power out so it doesn’t make sense to me.

The weird thing is my TV (on the HDMI channel) was still showing a picture !

I have an LG 32LH35 LCD Full-HD display.

Thanks

Ok, I changed the cable and am now on 12 bits and 1080 resolution.

But I have the problem now, that if I play a DVD iso the pause button isn’t responding. I can only press stop, but not pause.  After a reboot it works but then it randomly starts to happen when prssing fast forward, play and then pause.

Hi, seems the download button leads to a broken link:

http://wdc.com/global/webtracking/index.asp?id=1138&url=http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/wdtvlive_1_03_43_V.zip

If you can please fix it for us. I´m interested in testing the latest firmware to address some network unstability  issues I´m facing on 1.02.21

Thanks in advance

It hasn’t happened before on previous betas (as far as I know),

but last night I noticed my TV 's resolution changed to 720 60HZ.

When I went into the settings it was on Composite (PAL).

(It was previously set to HDMI/ AUTO)

The WD TV LIVE had been in standby.

MY TV is one of those that shows the frequency even if the WD TV LIVE is in

standby. I hadn’t pulled the power out so it doesn’t make sense to me.

The weird thing is my TV (on the HDMI channel) was still showing a picture !

I have an LG 32LH35 LCD Full-HD display.

Thanks

I think the (resetting to composite) is a known bug on this beta. Many others including myself have reported it.

BR

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Now they are, and it’s “Broken” because it’s not supported by their display.

Its broken because it can’t auto negotiate a connection (as other devices can)

MarioDBianchi wrote:

Hi, seems the download button leads to a broken link:

http://wdc.com/global/webtracking/index.asp?id=1138&url=http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/wdtvlive_1_03_43_V.zip

If you can please fix it for us. I´m interested in testing the latest firmware to address some network unstability  issues I´m facing on 1.02.21

Thanks in advance

If you actually look at the webpage they write that it has been removed because they don’t want anymore people to download it.

Hi, 

When I go after turning on to video\network shares\ and choose my Zyxel nsa-200 the WD almost always freezes in “connection” status. Then I push “back” buttom on my remote controller to get back in to the menu. There is a workaround here… If I go to Youtube first then WD always connects to network shares .

The same was in previous beta. 

Have to correct myself. It worked untilI had to remove the power cable. Now the tv gives me a non supported format all the time!

So syncing does not work?

How to reset? I pushed the small hole with a paperclip 4 seconds, 10 seconds, held it while putting the power on, etcm, nothing works.

EDIT: Reset can be done by pressing a paperclip in the little hole for 1 second. I was able to reset and then I got my image back. But, I’m afraid to turn of the power…

Would anyone kind enough to share the download? I would like to update but unable to find the download link. Thanks

You can download it from dropbox here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14107745/wdtvlive_1_03_43_V.zip

“Unsupported resolution”

Today I started WD TV and my tv said “Unsupported resolution”. I power toggled several times and still the same errror message. Then I unplugged my WD TV and after plugging power back the WD TV started but the HDMI was set on 720p 60Hz. This is definately a bug and this has been reported by others also, but now it happened to me.

Awesome, hope it gets soon out of beta :slight_smile:

Just one problem: with normal firmware I get 1080p, with the beta firmware i get only 720p. If I enable 12 Bit color mode I see just strange colors like on LSD. :slight_smile:

TV is Panasonic Viesta

Q-efx wrote:

TV is Panasonic Viesta

You mean Viera, right?  and they’re about 300 models of Viera… :wink:

Q-efx wrote:

Just one problem: with normal firmware I get 1080p, with the beta firmware i get only 720p. If I enable 12 Bit color mode I see just strange colors like on LSD. :slight_smile:

TV is Panasonic Viesta

You may have figured it out already that your Happysonic Fiesta doesn’t support 12 bit colors mode.

Xtreme wrote:

Q-efx wrote:

TV is Panasonic Viesta

You may have figured it out already that your Happysonic Fiesta doesn’t support 12 bit colors mode.

It does! In normal ( offical)firmware it works.