WD TV Live Firmware Version 103.22 Pre-release Update (6/9/10)

Yeah, that framerate issue is huge. I would not recommend installing this FW ! (unless you want to do some beta testing of course or in case you don’t mind watching movies at the wrong framerate)

I agree; the Top Bar should disappear after being used.   It used to do that, doesn’t now.   

Yes, WD does read these Pre-Release topics.   Don’t take their lack of response to mean they’re not reading.

When I select the Network Share", I get the message “There is no media in the current folder”, no files are listed, and I can’t login any further.

I did the paperclip reset, turned off the autologon (default and then manually entered my user/password.

I rolled back, and it’s working, now.

Make SURE that the Workgroup name on your NAS is EXACTLY the same as your WDTV.    The WDTV defaults to “WORKGROUP”  Make sure your NAS is the same.

I suspect that’s what this bullet in the release notes:

File share group name – Network names must now match.

was referring to.

I tought I will never have dvd menus on Live. It was the only feature I was missing. But there it is.

I try it on a DVD rip from usb hdd, on a DVD rip from my storage and on a MKV.

It works like a charm!

Network access to my storage and on my laptop seems to be lot faster.

It’s also excellent WD choose to keep the old playing-all function if I press Play and only go in DVD menus with Enter. My dauther only wants to see her concerts and not browsing through menus.

Haven’t got time to test other functions but my firts impresion is an excellent one!

What other dvd ripping programs support vob or iso chapter support?

Network Shares appear to be completely broke for me… Have tried everything I can think of… Group name lower and uppercase, auto login on and off. reset defaults, i get no response at all when selecting network shares within any media menu…  can see and select media server but no shares at all was working fine before and I have a mixed windows vista, mac and ubuntu network…

While I now appreciate having DVD navigation support, DVD is passe.  From my media box I am not interested in all the Bonus material, menus, etc.  So I now like to keep the DVDs on the shelf for the extras but then use tools to create a single MKV file that has all subtitles, multiple audio tracks, chapter breaks, embeded box covers all in the new and great MKV container file format and without me having to do much work.

Yet, the support of the extra features of MKV is not well supported on WD Live.  It does support subtitles.  Chapter support is horrific, it pops up a menu and takes you out of the movie.  So here is hoping they will better support MKV in future firmware updates as its becoming the container of the future for things like NMT media files.  Heck, you even see BluRay player (Panasonic)) and TV Manufacturers (Samsung)  now jumping on the MKV bandwagon.  Can we at least have Next/Prev buttons at least skip forward and back chapters without us leaving the movie and maybe display on OSD the current chapter of ## total chapters.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/Move-Through-Chapters-with-Prev-Next-Buttons/idi-p/15756

hmmm still dont see a fix for network share thumbnails…sigh…

wonder if the live plus has it fixed…

GREAT WORK WD!! Been wanting Dvd navagation for a long while. Now all I need is USB HUB SUPPORT!!! Which I hope will be included in this update. Still a little buggy but what do you expect from a beta. Time to do more testing. I see you have a LIVE PLUS now with Netflix support?? Why not add that support to us regular Live people? Kinda doesn’t seem fair that you bust out a new product after we already purchased what we thought was the top and best. Can we trade in for a plus? Or will we get netflix also?

How about the transparent subs bug (when embedded in MKV file)? Anyone knows if this has been fixed (not mentioned in the release note :frowning: ). I am bit reluctant about installing the beta, but this would be a major issue for me, if it is fixed (all my Blu-rays, where I have to embed the subs, have transparent shadows around the subs, making them hard to see at light backgrounds).

Cocovanna

Thank you for the wonderful update deserve recognition was always
But

The latest WD TV Live firmware’s support Arabic encoding BUT … the font used is not a good one and viewers don’t feel comfortable with it.
I suggest to change it to another one and (Arial) could be a good choice that you please see this in the final version for this update
I hope you to visit the following links

http://wdtv.uservoice.com/forums/17442-general/suggestions/634509-change-arabic-subtittle-font?ref=title

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/font-arabic-change/idi-p/26374

It is very simple for you, but very, very important for us

If this cause problems for other languages we propose revised version of the update for the Arabs or the Middle East

translate by google :smiley:

1 Like

@ Pantera1222

It has been stated that NetFlix support required a hardware change, hence the Plus… At least DVD Navigation has been ported to the Live… :smileyvery-happy:

1 Like

Ok. DVD-Navigation is good.

i tested it with the UK-DVD of Valiant ( ISBN: 5017239193071)

It plays all the trailer stuff at the beginnig, no direct link to Menu.

I cood not press OPTIONS>MENU.

You have to watch them or skip them.

My FRITZ WLAN N USB-Stick (key) still doesnt work. its sad because its one of the best WLAN device on market.

WD please support Fritz!

can anyone say whether the audio sync issues still exist with this firmware?

thanks.

here we go again!!! pre release is unstable and not working properly  when i have either of my 1.5 tb seagate drives hooked up it just keeps “scanning the attached usb device” ( light flashing on right side of wdlive box) it has been doing this now for 9 hours.if i try to view anything on my drive it  will  lock up and needs to be rebooted. if i dont have a drive hooked up then it works fine by itself.

Does photo and video sort by date work for network shares now?

awmr1 wrote:

can anyone say whether the audio sync issues still exist with this firmware?

thanks.

I still have some audio sync problems on some MKV files. I hope they add an option to sync audio to video like there is for the subs.

Cusco wrote:

With this version when I try to change the video output to 1080p 23.976hz or 1080p 24hz, it will always change to 1080p 60hz. The box menu shows 1080p 23hz or 24hz but the TV is on 60hz.

This is wrong. With 1.02.21 this was ok. This is bad. I can’t see any mkv file on his original frame rate.

Also after the box is on 1080p 60hz and I try to set, for instance, 1080p 23.976hz, nothing happens.

Also the HDMI deep color doesn’t change to 12 bit, only works on 8 bit.

I also confirm this issue. This is a quite bad issue. Hopefully WD will solve this ASAP.

drs

We are reading.  We do appreciate your ideas and constructive criticism.