WD TV Live Firmware Version 103.22 Pre-release Update (6/9/10)

BeethovenLive wrote:

Well, the install seemed fine. 

I don’t use Media Servers, just Network Shares through a router NAS.

Unfortunately, when I try to access the NAS, I get the standard “There is no media in the current folder”.

I’ve re-entered the logon/pass, and restarted WDTVLIVE, and my roter/NAS.

No luck.

Welcome to the forums.

After any firmware update you need to reset the Live (via paperclip or the settings menu).  After which you’ll need to setup your network stuff all over again.

Dont worry i dont need to hold my breath for these things…but i do hope …the Volume …picture setting and equalizer thingy is added …

these are possible …and were also acknowledged …by the WD team …

was looking…forward to them …but …alas …

Hi,

What exactly happens when you select the network shares? They show up and you cannot login or do they not show up at all.

Is the auto login turned on in the Settings->Network settings? If so, disable  the auto login, also select the clear the passwords.

-SAS

I had to clear my login info to reconnect to my NAS. Workign fine now. In fact EVERTHING is working. Instead of making MKV files for Blu Ray I’m streaming the actual movie by selecting the largest file in the STREAM folder. Before when I did this I could never select the correct sound track. It works fine now. No BD Menus but don’t need them. Menus working fine.  VAST improvement on the Option Bar. Even a nice chage to Restart and Resume.

The player doesn’t send anymore corectly the HDCD signal to the receiver. No more bit-perfect for us?

Also, the files that are over 48kHz samplerate are still downsampled! 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz are played as 44.1kHz. 96 kHz is played as 48kHz.

I was hoping it will be better on audio, not worse!

What I’m missing is an option in the video settings to have the video output scaled to 0.9x such that it fits properly my crt.

During video playback I always hat to set the zoom to 0.9x to have the whole picture on the screen, but now Medifly has no option to zoom out.

Edit: This is not only related to Mediafly but also to playing dvd’s where the zoom and pan features have gone from the dvd playback toolbar, so this is definitely a must have.

The player doesn’t send anymore corectly the HDCD signal to the receiver. No more bit-perfect for us?

Also, the files that are over 48kHz samplerate are still downsampled! 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz are played as 44.1kHz. 96 kHz is played as 48kHz.

Hi,

What do you mean my HDCD signal?  I’m not familiar with this acronym.

Thanks,

-WDSAS

Here’s how it is working for me:

DVD ISO:

I need to press ENTER not PLAY where the ISO file is. I would expect the same behavior if I press PLAY on the folder where the iso file is. If I press PLAY I get the same behavior as before.

VIDEO_TS Folder:

Again, I need to press ENTER to open the VIDEO_TS folder then press enter again on the file to launch the DVD Menu. I would expect pressing Play on the folder where the VIDEO_TS folder is to the menu.

I have my media files set up this way:

MOVIE NAME folder / VIDEO_TS folder and the Folder.jpg

or

MOVIE NAME folder / ISO FILE and the Folder.jpg

If I press PLAY on those MOVIE NAME folders, I get the main feature to play, the normal behavior would be to launch the DVD MENU (or the correct DVD configuration).

Just a suggestion, pressing PLAY on both the folder where the ISO file is (or the iso itself) and pressing PLAY on the folder where the VIDEO_TS folder is (or the VIDEO_TS folder itself) should start the DVD navigation (depending on how the DVD is configured, of course).

Good news is I now have Subs and chapter navigation in DVDs made in TMPGE Authoring works!

*Should this be on the IDEAS forum?

Willy.

I noticed another thing that was fixed and not documented: Thumbnails had a high contrast setting on the display, now they are shown in a more natural contrast.

Great!

Willy.

With this version when I try to change the video output to 1080p 23.976hz or 1080p 24hz, it will always change to 1080p 60hz. The box menu shows 1080p 23hz or 24hz but the TV is on 60hz.

This is wrong. With 1.02.21 this was ok. This is bad. I can’t see any mkv file on his original frame rate.

Also after the box is on 1080p 60hz and I try to set, for instance, 1080p 23.976hz, nothing happens.

Also the HDMI deep color doesn’t change to 12 bit, only works on 8 bit.

Once I launch the menu and start the movie, if I want to go back to the menu, how do I do that? I searched the icons and didn’t see any icon for Menu.

Hexnut wrote:

Has this beta firmware added sort by date for photos/videos on Windows shares?

Thanks!

Hexnut

Please would anyone with the beta firmware test this and reply?

I have an Xbox with XBMC so the DVD option is not needed.

The 1.02.21 firmware claimed to add sort by date for photos/videos but this only works with attached usb devices.

Please fix this for shares if it hasn’t been already.

Thanks!

HDCD is a format used on high quality CD recordings, to achieve a 20 bit resolution. I have a few CD recorded in this format. I did back them up on the HDD as FLAC files. With the old firmware (and the reverted one) I can play those and my HDCD capable receiver will decode them corectly.

With the beta firmware, all I get is PCM (that is a compatible mode on those discs).

I noticed also that the 5.1 surround FLAC files now are playing in stereo via SPDIF. With the older firmware, there was just skipping over them. Maybe that has something to do with the first issue - you changed the FLAC code?

And also, why is this downsampling to 44.1-48kHz when files with higher samplerate are played?

I am using now the “reverted” FW since I prefer audio quality over DVD-menus. BTW, is not another way to downgrade, besides this renaming with higher numbers (I have now 1.03.23 in order to go back to 1.02.23).

Cusco wrote:

With this version when I try to change the video output to 1080p 23.976hz or 1080p 24hz, it will always change to 1080p 60hz. The box menu shows 1080p 23hz or 24hz but the TV is on 60hz.

This is wrong. With 1.02.21 this was ok. This is bad. I can’t see any mkv file on his original frame rate.

Also after the box is on 1080p 60hz and I try to set, for instance, 1080p 23.976hz, nothing happens.

Also the HDMI deep color doesn’t change to 12 bit, only works on 8 bit.

+1 

This is a major issue.

I ripped my movie using DVDFab and I see the option for the menu on both the .vob and the .iso, but when I hit enter on menu for either the .vob or the .iso nothing happens, I am unable to see the chapters at all, am I doing something wrong?  What program did you use to rip the dvd?

I installed the beta software.  DVD menu works fine.

One small thing, when I click on video the menu goes to “folders”, before it went to “all video”.  Is there a setting that controls this?  Is this a bug?  Is it specific to my installation?  I prefer “all video” since I have two hard drives attached

You might need to see if this may be a bug in Fab as it always has plenty. I use DVD neXt COPY personally for my backups. I also host a support forum as well.

@willynanita, did you try to use the back button? What about the home button. Just guessing here.

Charlie98902 wrote:

@willynanita, did you try to use the back button? What about the home button. Just guessing here.

I got it, I have to press enter to go to DVD MENU mode, then pressing Options I get the top icons bar with menu, Audio and subs.

Using PLAY is not an option, only pressing ENTER to get real DVD navigation.

The top options Bar should have the same transparency as the Info Bar.

When I open the top bar I have to press back to close it. It should close after 1 or 2 secs.

*Do WD read these posts, or should we post in the Ideas forum?

Willy.