Stuck after Full Test :(

I did System diagnostics “Full Test”. It got stuck and when it did not finish after a whole day I interrupted power for 30 seconds and reconnected. Now the blue LED does no more light, the one of the network LEDs sometimes blinks but the one which normally is continuous green goes out a few seconds after powering and keeps dark.

What to do?

How often should one do that diagnostic?

PS: Latest firmware.

Hello,

Try a reset by holding the reset button on the back for 4 seconds. You may also try a power cycle.

HDKnows wrote:

Hello,

Try a reset by holding the reset button on the back for 4 seconds. You may also try a power cycle.

As written yesterday I tried power cycle. I had also tried 4 seconds reset and the one with 40 seconds on power up.

NONE DID HELP :cry:

I regret having started that test!!!

How often do other users tests?

helpless321 wrote:

HDKnows wrote:

Hello,

As written yesterday I tried power cycle. I had also tried 4 seconds reset and the one with 40 seconds on power up.

NONE DID HELP :cry:

I regret having started that test!!!

How often do other users tests?

On my WD live, I did try the quick test to see what it does, but with MyCloud I’m never tempted to click on that button and now after reading your post… I’ll never click on that button :stuck_out_tongue:

Try refreshing the web page ui and see if you can sign on again or even close the webpage and re-open it again. 

edit: also if you have an attached USB drive, remove it before power cycling. Do not plug it in until your Cloud drive is accessible. 

I’ve done both quick and full tests, but this was on the previous firmware, and had no issues. But as Ralphael mentioned, I certainly will not do that again. I just do not understand why we can not get these units fixed … My Lord … what does it take?

I have done both quick and full tests, with the latest firmware and have had no issues. The full test goes through sector test, so it can be quite long. Make sure you allow for that time (maybe 24-30hours for a 4TB unit)

Etupes wrote:

I have done both quick and full tests, with the latest firmware and have had no issues. The full test goes through sector test, so it can be quite long. Make sure you allow for that time (maybe 24-30hours for a 4TB unit)

Thx for your answer, but how often would you recommend doint full test?

MyCloud is still stuck. Support on the phone did not know how to get it fixed.

Most probably I have lost all data. Thank you WD!

helpless321 wrote:

Been there and have resetted successfully with no lost in data and hoping the same for you.

1. Pull the power unless you can shut down via the web page

2. hold reset on the back of your cloud…

3. keep holding reset while you shove the power cord in…

4. keep holding reset for 40 seconds, while the cloud boots up

5. release

Everything will be reset, your shares, your passwords, your users, but your data remains…

It will take between an hour to 3 hours to re-initalize. Grab a coffee and check your Cloud Dashboard.

Good luck…  

edit: you asked “how often would you do a full test?” I would say never, unless your device is really acting up, like getting hunged up when copying data to and from the device (bad sectors), waiting long reboot times, etc.  but… even then… I might just do a quick test and find other solutions other then doing a full test. 

Ralphael wrote:

helpless321 wrote:

Been there and have resetted successfully with no lost in data and hoping the same for you.

1. Pull the power unless you can shut down via the web page
  1. hold reset on the back of your cloud…
  1. keep holding reset while you shove the power cord in…
  1. keep holding reset for 40 seconds, while the cloud boots up
  1. release

Everything will be reset, your shares, your passwords, your users, but your data remains…

It will take between an hour to 3 hours to re-initalize. Grab a coffee and check your Cloud Dashboard.

Good luck…  

edit: you asked “how often would you do a full test?” I would say never, unless your device is really acting up, like getting hunged up when copying data to and from the device (bad sectors), waiting long reboot times, etc.  but… even then… I might just do a quick test and find other solutions other then doing a full test. 

Some messages here have been deleted, but imho you are much too optimistic.

LinAdmin16 wrote:

Good luck…  

I was optimistic until I found out it was you behind that helpless id; pretending to be helpless my foot… I am so wary of helping innocent first time posters on this forum now. Once bitten, twice shy, thrice I’m a fool…

With you, nothing works the way it was intended. If you had a cup of tea you would either say it was too cold, too hot, too sweet or too bitter.

1 Like

Ralphael wrote:

LinAdmin16 wrote:

Good luck…  

I was optimistic until I found out it was you behind that helpless id; pretending to be helpless my foot… I am so wary of helping innocent first time posters on this forum now. Once bitten, twice shy, thrice I’m a fool…

With you, nothing works the way it was intended. If you had a cup of tea you would either say it was too cold, too hot, too sweet or too bitter.

[Deleted]

Welcome back Count… you are no longer dashing… btw… you have a spot under your chin…

well its true… you spend hours typing up an answer to somebody in need… to find out that it is was you and it was all fake… here I’ll add an emoji to let you know that my last post wasn’t in anger or bitterness :stuck_out_tongue:

Ralphael wrote:

Welcome back Count… you are no longer dashing… btw… you have a spot under your chin…

well its true… you spend hours typing up an answer to somebody in need… to find out that it is was you and it was all fake… here I’ll add an emoji to let you know that my last post wasn’t in anger or bitterness :stuck_out_tongue:

You must be somehow confused? Take care!