NOTICE: WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections

I don’t need a legal title! It’s on a promise: availability! and that’s what I waste my money for!

Another one bites the dust…at least it works as a parerweight or doorstop…

4/1/14 12:40am Phoenix time

Still not connected. Brain cells burnt out for something as simple a WD MyCloud…:angry:

WD.-FAN wrote:

SvenBman wrote:
DAY6!!!

how’s about a refund and a compensation? bill???

Refund and compensation? Under what legal title??

You better forget that !!!

I would not say that. When I had the safepoint auto update issue with the firmware before, WD Support also offered me a refund when I send the WD MyCloud to them.

WD.-FAN wrote:

Thank you for this interesting piece of information.

It might be pure accident that someone with 20 year of professional experience as Cisco certifyed engineer lives somewhere in that state :wink:

Are you really sure that they have any kind of certification!? :smileyvery-happy:

:confounded:  

Spoke too soon…

Remote access returned yesterday, down again today!!!

It would be amusing if I hadn’t just purchased the unit @ £120 less than two weeks ago.

Western Digital just announced all Cloud services and remote access have been fully restored!!!

…April Fool’s :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Аccess is not restored, just checked…

I have no access to cloud services.  I enter my login information and it just returns me to a blank login page.

Still down.

…and still VERY annoyed at the lack of visible notification from WD that this problem exists.

I am able to access MyClouds from my iphone app.  Seems to work fine.  Does that access involve a different set of resources on WD’s part?  Can’t verify my desktop app from work - firewall won’t allow that. 

I have similar.  I can access from iphone and an existing connection on a laptop.  But if I try to create a new connection using a different bit of kit it bounces the username and password.

Can’t access from iPhone or iPad apps, just says Access to WDMyCloud has been disabled. Trying to sign in through wd2go.com and saying password incorrect (it isn’t), when I click on forgot password and add e-mail/validation code, get an Error 500 - Internal Server Error. Can’t access any files from the Network on my PC at home, and WD dashboard says not connected to internet so basically the whole thing is kaput for me. Only managed to get this up and running last night (for about 5 minutes!).

Web does not work, but I can use mycloud app in iphone and ipad with no problems (downlaod.upload), watch movies.

Dear WD,

Was that ‘Put your life on it’ or ‘Lose your life on it’ ?

We now have had a week with the core piece of My Cloud not functioning constituting a clear failure of a product ’ fit for purpose’. The sum total of the user notification by WD is a single posting informing users: ’ We continue to make progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers’ - seriously that is it?

I now propose that WD:

1. Issue a Public statement on the main WD web site so that users are not having to hunt out what is wrong.

2. Issue a hold on the sale of all affected devices.

3. Issue clear instructions to owners on the return, refund and removal of all data from devices.

Owners: If you are reading this proposal and agree then either comment or click on the star to show agreement.

3 Likes

No, still doesnt work in Germany (T-Mobile). Iphone app keeps prompting: “Remote Access Disabled - Access to WDMycloud has been disabled.”

Had this error about 14 days ago for about 1 day, then it suddenly disappeared.

Now theres no remote connection for several days.

Connection from the home network (no matter if cable of WiFi) always worked fine. Remote access does not, though.

Yes, I can confirm Cranc’s  post.

I am facing the same troubles and also live in Germany.

It really is a pity that the remote access doesn’t work properly as this was the main reason for me to purchase My Cloud, just to have access to all my data, no matter, where I am. I really hope that this problem will get solved soon.

Still no access or infomation, what sort of compensation are we going to be recieving … proberly nothing as you cant even give us a reason, ETA or even reply to my emails.

Do expect to receive compensation for not being able to use service that is free of charges?

Not Working in Ireland for about 4 days now !!. I think I will be looking to return the product and go for a Synology or Qnap…