NOTICE: WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections

fserranheira wrote:

if access the WD site still unable I’ll return the equipment and make a claim for compensation. It´s impossible working with this type of service.

Just forget that and buy a NAS which does not depend on WD.

OK so things are getting better slowly, for that I thank the engineers, but I still can’t update my admin user email info which I deleted among other things on Friday in a vain attempt to fix what I thought was my error. I can’t delete that rogue New Unregistered Device access code because Device user ID missing. (400014) and it expires in 1970!!

I am now asking those in the know:

Is there any way to reset my admin user profile so I can start again?

Would that be a System Only Factory Restore that I would need to do?

Or, are there still ongoing gremlins in the system and are they being worked on, so maybe I should I leave it for a bit yet?

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Still can’t connect to wd2go.com.  Can we have an update pleasE?

For me, they have to close of play tomorrow, then i’m returning the **bleep** thing.

If they had an alterternative in stock in my local Curry’s then i would exchange, but they have nothing else in stock!

@bluenose22

exactly the same for me too, just an ETA would put me at ease, being left in the dark and i dont know where i stand.

Err…  no.

Connect directly without relying on WD

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/HOWTO-MBL-as-OpenVPN-server/td-p/397179

Still down, but now my Synology is here, I am begining the swap. For that I thank Amazon Prime. $3.99 Single Day Shipping. I can’t tell you how excited I am to dump something that as proven so unreliable.

I always continued doing business with WD because of their past high quality, excellent product reliability and a staff thats goes out of their way to assist you with just about any problem you have including badic setup.

That said it’s really hard to get accurate information from them right now as all the info they provide varies depending whom you speak to. My EX4 keeps switching back and forth from port forwarding to relay and then says no connection available altogether at times. They insist it does not effect port forwarding setups but obviously it does. Also they suggested it may be my ISP blocking ports so I called my ISP while I had WD on the line so they could hear for themselves that my ISP isnt blocking any ports. I would suggest contacting them direct at their corporate office in Irvine, CA at 1-949-672-7000 so they realize how widespread this problem is and try to resolve this issue much quicker. The more people that complain should cause them to focus on fixing this quicker.

I commend their politeness when trying to resolve this issue but they seam very hesitant to acknowledge how long this issue has been going on as they state their servers have only been having problems since Thursday the 27th when this thread has been very active since before that time. I’ve had this remote connection issue on and off since December where I could only connect about 50% of the time and now it’s down 100% since at least last Monday. A little transparency and honesty goes a very long way and it’s well overdue.

A new stickied thread would be nice so users can get update status on this issue without having to search for it. Also this thread title should be modified as it affects users not just using the relay mode. Lastly a basic tutorial regarding badic port forwarding for ports 80 and 443 should be stickied as well so users can ensure they’re setup as recommended by WD before they resort to blaming WD servers. I’m trying my hardest not to get frustrated right now but I am since most of us have spent hours and days already trying to resolve any issues on our end only to find out the problem is on the WD end.

I seriously don’t get this, why some people are connected and others are not … I have been able to login for 1 full day now. Sometimes I have to try WD2GO several times before the login screen shows, but nevertheless it does come up. Now the only thing I did was: Maybe it will help someone.

1. In the Dashboard → Settings I turned “Off” Cloud Access

2. In the Dashboard → Cloud Access I deleted all “Cloud Devices”  and “WDMyCloud.com Login”

3. Removed, from my Desktop App, the “Connected WD Devices”

4. In the Dashboard → Settings I turned “On” Cloud Access

5. In the Dashboard → Cloud Access added myself in the WDMyCloud.com Login" and “Cloud Devices” with my email addy. This sends an email with a confirmation link to click to activate.

6. Received the email with the link to click and the WD2GO page came up in my browser.

7. Added back my device to the Desktop App, doing it “Manually”

Everything has worked since that point. Before this I couldn’t do anything on WD2GO as it never came up and any link I sent from my desktop app ( via Email ) was invalid.

Any one have an opinion on these:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/seagate-central-4tb-nas-hard-drive-a33ll 

Is there anyone alive at WD? Even my emails remain unanswered, this is getting quite embarrassing! 

Just give your customers an honest, open update on where you are with fixing this and an ETA for the final solution. Your customers are depending on you!  

For the record; in the Netherlands all I get is “Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the Internet.” 

Is there a way to avoid these issues?  I keep reading about “port forwarding” but am unlearned in the deep technical aspects of all this.  I was under the impression when I purchased this unit that I had a cloud of my own, not one that relied on WD’s servers.  this is my 4th unit in a week, basically because no one was honest with me!

Is there any way to make this work without relying on WD’sservers??

tommcelvy wrote:

Is there a way to avoid these issues?  I keep reading about “port forwarding” but am unlearned in the deep technical aspects of all this.  I was under the impression when I purchased this unit that I had a cloud of my own, not one that relied on WD’s servers.  this is my 4th unit in a week, basically because no one was honest with me!

Is there any way to make this work without relying on WD’sservers??

From the sounds of it, take it back and get another one seems to the the general consensus

I bought this drive on Thursday for business reasons. So far all the hype is a joke because it would appear this problem has been going on for awhile now. What is the point of buying a remote access device that does not have remote access. Has anybody got theres working remotely yet and/or an update on when this is going to work? If not, I will be returning mine and going to another option

Hi

I just saw this in another forum topic, is from :

Community Manager Bill_S  Community Manager

Community Manager

Re: Unable to login to My Cloud Dashboard [ New ]

Options

3 hours ago

Our My Cloud and My Book Live users are experiencing intermittent issues with WD servers that enable remote access when using these products.  These issues include poor transfer speeds and/or inability to connect remotely.  We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience and will provide updates as they are available.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the ‘Accept as Solution’ button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.

Report Inappropriate Content

Message  6 of 9 (55 Views)

Add Tag…

We continue to make progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers, but some users continue to experience intermittent connectivity and transfer speed issues.  We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service for everyone as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience.

3 Likes

DAY6!!!

how’s about a refund and a compensation? bill???

What is really strange that the website wd2go.com is reachable with some internet providers in germany and with some not. In the beginning I thought you just switchedto a new server with a new IP and that it will just take a while until the DNS Servers are updated.

But then I looked up for the IP address behind wd2go.com which is 198.107.148.110

Even if I enter the IP address at home the WD server is not reachable and there is no route to host and it can not be a DNS server problem therefor.

Can you please let us know why is it working with some providers and with other not?

For everyone who wants to know where the problematic server sits:

https://ipdb.at/ip/198.107.148.110

Got my product EX2 yesterday. Now it turns out that MyCloud is not working?
Is there any sensible explanation that the service is not working?
Is there any web page that displays the operating status of the service?
Unnecessary hours have been spent troubleshooting in the router and in the EX2.