NOTICE: WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections

i certainly do, i haven’t wasted over 100GBP (for what is now an external harddrive), i bought it for its remote access and in my opinion ive paid to use WD servers in the price of the product, if not then they shouldn’t relay it through there servers. when i bought the device i was on the understanding that it would be my own cloud space which technically isn’t as it has to run through there servers first.   

My dashboard is now telling me to “make sure you are connected to the internet”, whiich is a bit of a silly statement as I would not be able to post this in the forum.

free of charge??? didn’t you pay for this piece of **bleep**? if so: it was a part of the package… a reason to buy this **bleep** thing. so the service was included in the store-price! nothing is free!

that’s it!

Okay, I’ve received 8 community post notifications over the last hour, but only two new messages in this forum? Is WD deleting messages here?!

Anyway, seems to be working again here in NL after a bloody 6 days of waiting, sure hope it lasts! Appreciate if WD (Bill?) can confirm the issue is permanently solved now, no more unpleasant surprises please!

stefanj wrote:

Okay, I’ve received 8 community post notifications over the last hour, but only two new messages in this forum? Is WD deleting messages here?!

Anyway, seems to be working again here in NL after a bloody 6 days of waiting, sure hope it lasts! Appreciate if WD (Bill?) can confirm the issue is permanently solved now, no more unpleasant surprises please!

@stefanj 

Good news then i hope that you connecting online means WD are actually restoring there services, and i too have noticed posts disappearing not sure whats happening there.

1 Like

I am getting sick to death of this. The drive was bought for working from the Cloud. It doesn’t. A call was logged and all I received back was a copy and paste copy of the notice that they were currently experiencing problems.

Yes I know that! I mentioned the post in my call! I wanted to know when this will be fixed… when will I receive what I paid for - a cloud service I can use; goods and services that are fit for purpose and as described. But no, no answer.

Something is supposed to fixed in a “reasonable” amount of time. This is getting to be completely unreasonable now; and therefore if requested, you should be offering refunds so people can go elsewhere and get a product that works.

Hello,

WD2GO.COM still dowm, still no remote access in Portugal. :cry:

When is it going live again???

The ios apps were working earlier (London ) but tonight I had to reboot the drive and not sure if it was down before this but since then get message Remote access disabled. Frustrating

Well it now works but before I had a port forward connection but now it says relay connection!!!

stefanj wrote:

Yes, and in the morning I am receiving PMs from someone named WD.-FAN.

He said that WD deleted his solution to my problem that he posted.

But I never posted a problem, and never recevied any notification that he posted on any thread I subscribed.

I do not understand??

I searched other posts and find same wordings  from these users all with similar name?

Maybe the same user is causing many problems.  WD-.Fan says in his PMs that he expects to be banned.  If expected to be banned, why cause problems and make it needed?

This person tells me I should take my NAS back to store for a full refund because of Europe Law?  I do not live in Europe, and I do not have a problem with my NAS other than service issue. 

Did your update notification come from these people?

:smirk_cat:

Still doesn’t work here in the Netherlands. I’ve been messing around with this piece of * for a long time now, only to discover it’s ONCE MORE not a problem on my side, but on WD’s. After having had to send back 2 devices in an RMA procedure within a week after purchase, now on my third My Cloud device this is the next issue.

Unbelievable!

A Cloud device without cloud capabilities. Port forwarding nightmare, connection problems, slow response times. And I can go on and on about the bad design of this device.

Besides not having access to the My Cloud remotely for I don’t know how long now (past months connections dropped intermittently regularly), now when I log into wd2go.com, there’s two possibilities:

1. I receive an error message, saying something like "resourceManager.getSTring(LocalResources’,STRING_ERROR_WD2GOACCOUNT bla bla…

2. A message that says “no devices available”.

From my mobile Android device I get:

1. No connection (0)

Apparently because of the latest firmware update. OMG!

[Deleted]

Solve it, right away!

Can’t connect to webpage

www.wd2go.com

for more than a week now in Belgium!

WD what’s the plan to solve this issue???

grachte wrote:

Can’t connect to webpage

www.wd2go.com

for more than a week now in Belgium!

WD what’s the plan to solve this issue???

Same problem in Germany.  www.wd2go.com is accessable with some providers and with some not for over 1week now. Any comments on it from WD would be nice

this situation is very crazy and weird.

As a matter of fact, thousand of people all aver the world (included me in italy) have bought a WD personal cloud spending a lot of money also because this was a real PERSONAL CLOUD with my personal data only storaged into the drive without others infrastructures or servers located in unknown part of the world…!

Now, as a consequence of this issue, I realize that the MYCLOUD is an unuseful mystery box that has no value for itself since it strongly depending on something somewhere!!!

Very very weird… :angry:

This issue is no good publicity for WD.

The whole problem is existing for at least one week and WD is not able to forward satisfying information to their customers.

I will never ever purchase any hardware from WD again. Why are they not able to forward some information, when this issue might be solved? Even if they forward bad news, we all at least know what is going on and can deal better with the situation because we can understand the whole situation a lot better. But it seems they want to leave us all alone in the dark. This is not understandable and acceptable at all.

I have just received an email from WD, my case has apparently been escalated. Yay, an email from a human being. I guess that’s a start. He would like to talk to me to discuss “things”…this could be interesting. Now to wait for a call…

Looks like the media outlets are starting to notice:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2337422/western-digital-irks-users-as-remote-access-outage-reaches-day-six

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9247365/Western_Digital_s_MyCloud_has_been_broken_for_5_days?source=rss_latest_content

I suggest you start to take notice WD, that is if you want to stay arround.

@Alibabau

You’re correct, it bothers me too that I unknowingly bought a product that relies on the manufacturer’s servers to continue operating. That puts the End-of-life for this product completely in their hands. Since it relies on their servers to operate which was NOT mentioned in the product description or packaging then the day they decide to no longer support this product via their own servers the product then becomes an instant paperweight.

2 Likes