New Release - Firmware Version 3.03.13 for WD TV Live Hub (2/29/12)

Hi

I updated the firmware. Now when I go to Setup, Operation, Sync Content from networt, Set up sync process, and select my My Book Live as source, nothing happens, just the red cross that doesn’t let me do anything; If I go to Setup, System, Media Library Network Manager, and want to add network share, same thing happens, I can’t set it up. I have also noticed that it has kept my settings for Deezer and Tunein radio, but erased as my favorites, and I can’t add them to My Favorites any more. Please help! I live in Europe. Will downgrade hel? And do I do it?

Maurizio

Sorry I wanted to add that I checked the network connection and everything seems to be OK. Thanks.

After this update I have lost Pandora and Netflix.  I am a U.S. user.  I live in Michigan.  How to I get them back?

OP should really be: New Release - Firmware Version 2.03.13 for WD TV Live Hub (2/29/12) WD is happy to announce our latest firmware downgrade for the WD TV Live Hub Media Player.   For the firmware downgrade and release notes please check out the WD TV Live Hub Product Update page. For instructions on how to do either an automatic or manual update, please refer to Answer ID 5749: How to automatically or manually update the firmware on a WD TV Live Hub Media Center and pray it goes without a hitch.   If you experience any issues with this firmware, please don’t bother to report them in the WD TV Live Hub Issue Reporting exchange since we don’t read those.   Feel free to post your questions or experiences in this thread if you think you have been taking advantage of.

1 Like

Thumbnails have not worked for me using video_ts for the past couple of releases.    Quite annoying,   its one of those features that make the box ‘slick’.  I do like where they have gone with the media librray stuff, I can now aggregate content from various locations, but we have loss the thumbnails.  I rip all my personal dvd’s as video_ts.   I did notice that if I go specifically to the NAS I am using as a content source that the thumbnails magically reappear, but the box stops recognizing the video_ts as a playable movie, it looks like a folder.     

Oh well, I count my self lucky in that I have had this box for about a year and a half, and I have never really had a problem with it, and I have taken every firmware update.  I think probably because I have a very consistent way of using it, I don’t try to throw a snakes nest of video/audio formats at it.  I am pretty much video_ts all the time, and I use the netflix/hulu/padora apps VERY heavily.  They have been pretty rock solid for me.

One big problem for me with new firmware 3.03.13. Videos from my camcorder Panasonic HDC-TM900 in the original format (1080p , 60 frames per second , 25k bitrate, .m2ts) are not playing right. Video is very jerky and every few seconds it breaks up. My second unit still on 3.01.19 firmware plays ok.

I will revert to 3.01.19 until the fix.

I updated the firmware and now my mkv files don’t play properly. they skip. also the backgrounds don’t load that fast. RSS ticker box don’t update itself.  if it isn’t getting content info, compiling media library is always there. annoying. and i don’t know what other problems this update brought to my device. i shouldn’t have updated it.

not sure if its the new firm, but files that are not in a folder appear on the tv but not on the network folder.

i had a few episodes of Alcatraz on my TV folder, but then i moved them to Alcatraz folder, and they appear on both folders but just the files in Alcatraz folder will play.

i’ve deleted all the temp files and thumbs and then restarted the device.

it didn’t work.

suggestions ?

I’ll be honest… I really only watch videos and play music… occasionally some of the services… everything is working good so far for me. I’ve had no issues.

I have tried doing the downgrade following all the instructions. After it told me ‘Rebooting’ (the first time)  the hub has been flashing for the past 8 hours. It hasn’t even gone to the screen ‘upgrading the firmare’. I don’t really know what to do. I’m worried to mess everything up if I unplug it, but it doesn’t seem to me to be normal. 

Maurizio

Yesterday I updated my WD TV Live hub. Now it’s firmware is 3.03.13.

I’m really frustrated because now the device constantly restars after 30-30 mins of playing video. If freezes for 1 second and the restarts. My device has been working fine befire this update. Now I’m really frustrated.

I’m going to rollback to the stable firmware version but it’s just a temporary solution. Please fix this bug asap!

Thank you.

I can only second this, exactly the same experience over here:

constant reboots after some time of playback, which varies between 1 and 30 minutes! (first time after 30 minutes, second time one minute after resume position, after that varying).

One other strange observation:

on my QNAP NAS box, there is a share “Multimedia” with subfolders “Videos”, “Pictures” “Music” etc.

I added folder “Videos” to the WD’s media library, but when I select the WD menu item “Video”, a list of all shares of my NAS box is displayed, where I would expect the contents of folder “Videos” instead!

Is this a bug, or does this new firmware feature behave different from what I expect?

Same here, it plays a few songs and suddenly reboots itself for no reason!!! Just when I was feeling better about the quality of the firmware updates!

Hi,

I did this upgrade okay … thanks.

However, I still cannot logon to my Netflix account thru the Netflix app on the box.

I’m in the UK & initially managed to logon to Netflix by changing the DNS address to a US one & then changed it back to default after signing out. I am then I’m able to logon to Netflix UK account. But I have to do this every time I turn the box on & it takes 10mins - it’s too much hassle. Is this a know issue?

Thanks.

Al.

twig123 wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

twig123 wrote:

Still unable to enable the Twonky server via the web interface…

After going to the WebIF, select Media, Click to enable Twonky, Click Submit (or Launch Twonky).

Either way, it just opens a new window with the main WD Interface and does NOT keep the selection to enable the Twonky server.

I believe you need to ENABLE it via the Hub’s On-Screen UI, not the Web Interface.  Give that a try.

DLNA Media Server and iTunes Server are both Enabled in the WD UI on the box…

I’m not the only one with this issue either, see here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Twonky-just-will-not-stay-enable-on-WDTV-Live-Hub/td-p/329055

Looking at the “TwonkyMediaServer-log.txt” on the root of the device, it says this:

13:02:52:317 createTable(itemTable,"Item") failed
File: ../../../server/sqlite/item.c
Function: dbx_item_init
Line: 153
13:03:19:440 dbx_item_init() failed
File: ../../../server/sqlite/adapter.c
Function: dbx_modules_init
Line: 234

Here is another user with the same problem

Resetting the device to factory settings has no effect on this issue…

EEeeeek.

Yeah, that looks like a corrupt database partition.

I’m wondering if reformatting the internal drive would fix it.

Yeah, that’s a big hammer…  and it might not work, either.   But I’m pretty sure the filestore for Twonky is on the hidden HD partition.   

TonyPh12345 wrote:

EEeeeek.

Yeah, that looks like a corrupt database partition.

I’m wondering if reformatting the internal drive would fix it.

Yeah, that’s a big hammer…  and it might not work, either.   But I’m pretty sure the filestore for Twonky is on the hidden HD partition.   

That is what I thought as well. The only other thing I could find on the error was on the DD-WRT forums (Running Twonky on a router). I would think flashing a firmware upgrade would take care of this, but I guess I was wrong.

Short of cracking the case open and connecting the drive to a PC to view the partitions, I don’t think it is possible to see any hidden partitions remotely (if there is indeed one). Viewing the patition size, it is 930.44GB… so it seems *IF* there is any hidden partition it would be extreamly small. I could format the drive, but to me it looks like one big NTFS partition. In addition, I am using almost 800GB of the drive… and I REALLY don’t feel like waiting days for my data to transfer to an external drive.

I shot an email off to WD Support to see what they say, but I can forsee their future answer telling me to Reset/Restart/RMA… *Sigh*

I’ll be sure to post the outcome of the reply though.

I think the hidden partition is 20-30 gigabytes, IIRC…

If you do elect to pull the drive and mount it to your PC, you can copy the data out of the BIG partition, then just delete the whole partition table.

That will force the Hub to re-build all the partitions and reformat as if the internal drive was replaced.

Have updated my firmware and now I have removed a couple things from mine but they still show the file on there but when I check the hub on my computer the files are gone. I have unplugged the hub for 60 seconds and let the hub reset it self and they are still there, is there something I am missing to get these files to stop showing up on my hub?

Have you tried rescan after selecting options for the folder or drive by using the remote control?

1 Like