New Release - Firmware Version 3.03.13 for WD TV Live Hub (2/29/12)

Just tried that, did not work still just shows the files that have been deleted 

What does it say when you try and delete them from the hub, by the hub?

1 Like

Say’s “Read fail. Please check the source device”

Clear media library…

1 Like

Not sure if I really wanted to clear it all out I have a lot of stuff on there, but thank you for the suggestions

It only deletes metadata. It does not move or delete files. It will let it reset itself and check all the files again. This or a factory reset are all you have left really.

1 Like

Sorry for my iggnorance how would I go about clearing the media libary then what I was thinking you ment was deleting everything off it.

Setup - System - Media Library…select and it will give you the options

Off

On

Clear Media Library ←

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much clearing the media libary did the trick. 

nice one glad to help.

Dear WD representatives, will you please addressthe constant reboot issue? Please help your frustrated loyal customers to use your product with comfort. Lookin forward to the solution.

My constant reboot issue seemed to be network related.  If I unplugged my network cable the Hub was fine.  As soon as I plugged it back in the thing would begin to reboot in a non stop loop.  What I did was unplugged the network cable and went into system and did a full reset.  after that it has been fine.

Hello

I have my media files (mostly mkv) on my WD My Book Essential external USB drive and while playing a media file the playback suddenly stops/freezes. It happens very randomly 3 or 4 times during a normal movie. My possibilites are to press “Stop” on the remote and resume the movie, or wait until movie restarts playing. When the movie stops playing the HD indicator on the “My Book” stops flashing. It seems to be a FW problem, because with latest happens more frequently.

Only happens with external HDD, never with internal.

Anyone with same problem?

twig123 wrote:

twig123 wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

twig123 wrote:

Still unable to enable the Twonky server via the web interface…

After going to the WebIF, select Media, Click to enable Twonky, Click Submit (or Launch Twonky).

Either way, it just opens a new window with the main WD Interface and does NOT keep the selection to enable the Twonky server.

I believe you need to ENABLE it via the Hub’s On-Screen UI, not the Web Interface.  Give that a try.

DLNA Media Server and iTunes Server are both Enabled in the WD UI on the box…

I’m not the only one with this issue either, see here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Twonky-just-will-not-stay-enable-on-WDTV-Live-Hub/td-p/329055

Looking at the “TwonkyMediaServer-log.txt” on the root of the device, it says this:

13:02:52:317 createTable(itemTable,“Item”) failed
File: …/…/…/server/sqlite/item.c
Function: dbx_item_init
Line: 153
13:03:19:440 dbx_item_init() failed
File: …/…/…/server/sqlite/adapter.c
Function: dbx_modules_init
Line: 234

Here is another user with the same problem

Resetting the device to factory settings has no effect on this issue…

!!!FIXED!!! (See Edit 3)

(WD Suggested rolling the firmware back to Firmware Ver. 3.01.19, and RMA if that didn’t fix it)

I rolled back to Firmware Ver 3.01.19, and no dice…

I then tried rolling back to Firmware Ver. 3.00.28, but still no dice.

Not wanting to RMA the unit, for the heck of it, I rolled back to the original firmware (Firmware Ver. 2.02.16)…

*POOF* Twonky is now working again!!!

Edit 1:

I then re-upgraded to the latest firmware (Currently Firmware Ver. 3.03.13) and Twonky breaks again with the same error! WTH?!

Edit 2:

(I went on a re-flashing spree to try to locate the problem… and flashed every firmware available)

Firmware 2.04.13 and below Twonky works with no problem.

Firmware 2.05.08 and above Twonky does NOT work. (Gets the original error I listed above)

Edit 3 !!!FIXED!!! (Completely):

I have no Idea why this fixed it, but here is what I did to make it work:

(Links to Rollback Firmware versions, here)

1. Flash to Firmware Ver. 2.02.16

2. Flash to Firmware Ver. 2.05.08

3. Flash to Firmware Ver. 2.06.10 & Disable/Enable DLNA Server & Restart

4. Flash to Firmware Ver. 3.03.13 (Current)

5. PROFIT!

Prior to this I had already tried to Disable/Enable DLNA Server, Resetting to factory defaults and restarting to no avail.

I also tried resetting the Twonky database and Twonky settings to defaults (when it was working in v2.02.16), but it also had no effect.

I don’t know what the problem was, but these steps above fixed it for me!

here’s what i did  browsed my drive over the network showing all hidden files deleted both .wdtv folders from my external and my internal drives rebooted  my unit and went to bed. has worked like brand new since

hope you find this helpfull i think it had something to do with the .cas2 datbase files

this was for the rebooting issue

Hi Johnny.  I had the same issue after upgrading.  Some or most of the thumbnails were not showing.  Check your network connection and make sure you get all three green checks(IP, DNS, and Internet connection).  I noticed on mine I was only getting a green check on IP and red X’s on both DNS and Internet connection.  Strange because I was able to browse the Services menu, although I had the X’s.  I played around with the settings on the network setup until I finally got the 3 green checks.  After that all my thumbnails are showing again.  Hope that helps you.

Regards 

Hmm…I tthought when I clicked reply on Johny’s message it was going to quote it.  I was replying to this message:

Anyone else having funky time with thumbnails?  After upgrading to 3.03.13, Most of my show thumbnails and about half of my folder thumbnails aren’t showing, and it seemed to be getting worse the more I tired to sort it out.  

I waited til compiling was finished; I cleared the media library.   Didn’t help. Didn’t matter if media library was on or not, they were stubbornly staying invisible, just getting ugly folder and projector icons.  

I rolled back firmware, everything was fine again.  I reinstalled 3.03.13, and had the same issues, so now I’ve rolled back again.  I just use the default interface, no themes. 

Usually when I have some issue, I check the forum and the problem is all over the place … this time most everyone else seems ok and nobody reports anything about this.  Odd.  Anyone else got a clue?

Thanks,

Johnny

I see there is still javascript issues for the status bar and unable to load twonky control panel?

Twonky is running fine though and is still running on port 9000

Can we upgrade TwonkyServer to version 7!?

Hope you will have these issues fixed soon!

I had the same problem with rebooting duirng music playback. Happened regularly about 7 minutes after starting.

I disconnected my network because all files were on the server, still had the reboot problem, so it’s not the network for me.

I was successful in reinstalling old firmware, now working fine for about 20 mins :slight_smile:

Pete

@ PeteMc:

See posted Issue and add comment or kudo there to help draw attention to this issue.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Issue-Reporting/Device-reboots-when-playing-music-after-Firmware-Upgrade-3-03-13/idi-p/362419