New Release - Firmware Version 2.06.10 for WD TV Live Hub (5/17/11)

I do eject the drive using the Hub before I disconnect the USB.  However, I do not eject the drive before powering down the Hub.  To me, that seems kind of pointless.  Does powering down the Hub without having first ejected your USB drive cause file/folder irregularities that Windows 7 picks up on when you plug it in on your PC?  Seems like when you power the Hub down, it should take care of properly closing any open files/folders and other necessary clean up on internal and attached USB devices.

Hello WD consumer  & WD Supporter,

every actualisation is also connected with creating new or other bugs, nevertheless, I find the Firmwarequality or the Support of WD is really good. That was also an quintessential point of my purchase this media player.

Now , however, I will only describe failers or the mistakes, bugs in this Thread etc. and leave the positive changes right now aside.

* Facebook plugin functions a little bit sluggishly, chat function would be ideal. Facebook, perhaps, as a background process would be quite noble.

* Footages of AVCHD i50 1920x1080. there are interlaced stripes be visible. It seems the deinterlacing codec will completly missing or the Codec makes a mistake by the deinterlacing processing. @WD When you wand i will to allocate footages.

* Basically are indicated only the share which Are also released really. $Shares or standard $ shares like c $ d $… admin $ etc. are not indicated. But for the layman, perhaps, dull.

* Mail client Plugin would be cool

* After an individual time the device goes only in the Standby but it should be better when the device switched completely turn off.

* Quicker FileHops, quicker Picture Slideshows, my opinion all that is to slow. This makes picture showing boring!

Nevertheless, my present K.O criterion is still the interlaced problems. I have currently 3 media players at home. Asus O_Play HD2 + live hub + WD live

The Asus is encoded currently only which the Interlacing. Though I do not understand anyway why this interlaced stripe generally appear there every television Interlaced and pal, however, is able okay.

The material comes, by the way, from an in 1000€ of expensive JVC camcorder.

To 90% all camcorders also record in interlaced. Full images took up are rare currently a little bit…

Sorry, this thread is translated by an online translator.

Hoply you can read it :slight_smile: ?

Nice day

Daniel

I should mention I initially had problems with YouTube… any search was having issues. I think a reboot did the trick for me. I’ve not had a problem since and use the latest firmware just fine.

I have to say that I don’t like it so far.

The remote is much slower (seems like a buffer problem). And the movies stutter occasionally.

Yes the 3 TB seems to work, but it’s much slower otherwise.

I haven’t played a video since upgrading to the new firmware, I’ve been mostly using the netflix side of it.  But the kids watched a video that had played perfectly before but now stutters at different spots of the movie.

[bpeck@localhost Movies]$ mediainfo Tangled.mkv 
General
Unique ID : 299918132105534085704351416111154121897 (0xE1A22192F59F8F93DBAB96D495D0CCA9)
Complete name : Tangled.mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 4.35 GiB
Duration : 1h 40mn
Overall bit rate : 6 211 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2011-04-15 22:22:12
Writing application : MakeMKV v1.6.7 linux(x86-release)
Writing library : libmakemkv v1.6.7 (0.7.7/0.8.1) i686-redhat-linux

Video
ID : 1
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings, BVOP : No
Format settings, Matrix : Default
Codec ID : V_MPEG2
Codec ID/Info : MPEG 1 or 2 Video
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 5 319 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 9 800 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Original display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Standard : Component
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Scan order : Top Field First
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.514
Stream size : 3.73 GiB (86%)
Language : English

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 384 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 276 MiB (6%)
Title : 3/2+1

Audio #2
ID : 3
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 384 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 276 MiB (6%)
Title : 3/2+1
Language : Spanish

Text #1
ID : 4
Format : VobSub
Codec ID : S_VOBSUB
Codec ID/Info : The same subtitle format used on DVDs

Text #2
ID : 5
Format : VobSub
Codec ID : S_VOBSUB
Codec ID/Info : The same subtitle format used on DVDs
Language : Spanish

Menu
00:00:00.000 : en:Chapter 01
00:08:22.381 : en:Chapter 02
00:15:44.700 : en:Chapter 03
00:24:43.044 : en:Chapter 04
00:34:43.978 : en:Chapter 05
00:42:33.547 : en:Chapter 06
00:50:29.243 : en:Chapter 07
00:59:25.371 : en:Chapter 08
01:10:39.344 : en:Chapter 09
01:19:26.871 : en:Chapter 10
01:25:25.730 : en:Chapter 11
01:31:23.754 : en:Chapter 12

Hello

I am experiencing an HDMI issue (no video signal, unless I recycle power) with Firmware 02.06.10.

The issue was already discovered on an older firmware version and is documented here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/Possible-HDMI-Bug-Found/td-p/74286/highlight/true

I can confirm that it doesn’t happen with firmware 02.05.08.

Anybody else having this?

If you hold down the Remote power button for a few seconds it will shut the device down fully

testerics wrote:

I can’t sleep!!!  :cry:

The sound of the cooler fan (or HDD from inside of the hub, I don’t know…) is very persistent in my ears over the night. So please, fix this problem! If I choose to shut down the hub, then make it to SHUT IT DOWN (cut the power for fan and hdd).

If I want to stream or watch the movie, I will push the power button without any problem and after 10 - 15 minutes could enter in stand-by or something that could be usefull for streaming. But if I choose to close the box, make it dead please!

For the moment I am forced to unplug the device from the power every night… And this is not a very good solution for a respectfull brand like WD!

Hello,

I’m having trouble with .mp4 files which played without any problem before the update but now

they stutter all the time… pls fix this there is no point to upgrade just to find out you shouldn’t have.

And it would be nice to assign a button on the remote to recall your previous location, like when you are

in your Blue Ray folder and push the setup button by accident you need much time to get back there again.

My hub has is on this version 2.06.10.

a) When viewing DVD movies I made with Adobe Premiere,  by going to the folder via the Files menu and pressing Play. When I press the Stop button or back button, it restarts the machine.  I’ve found that to get out I have to press the House button on the remote to take it back to the calling directory.  Is it possible to fix  it so the buttons don’t restart but just go back to the calling folder.

b)  I’ve noitced in recent upgrades, I can now view camcorder mt2s files with synchronised audio/video which is good.  However, there is a delay/blank screen which you don’t get when watching them on PC’s, the camcorder.  Can this delay be taken out in a future firmware release ?

solutionseeker wrote:

My hub has is on this version 2.06.10.

a) When viewing DVD movies I made with Adobe Premiere,  by going to the folder via the Files menu and pressing Play. When I press the Stop button or back button, it restarts the machine.  I’ve found that to get out I have to press the House button on the remote to take it back to the calling directory.  Is it possible to fix  it so the buttons don’t restart but just go back to the calling folder.

b)  I’ve noitced in recent upgrades, I can now view camcorder mt2s files with synchronised audio/video which is good.  However, there is a delay/blank screen which you don’t get when watching them on PC’s, the camcorder.  Can this delay be taken out in a future firmware release ?

• *> * * *
      didas wrote:

Hello,

I’m having trouble with .mp4 files which played without any problem before the update but now

they stutter all the time… pls fix this there is no point to upgrade just to find out you shouldn’t have.

And it would be nice to assign a button on the remote to recall your previous location, like when you are

in your Blue Ray folder and push the setup button by accident you need much time to get back there again.

^^ No time for this, we have to add new games first!! *irony*

Please look into including Spotify on next update. Since the live hup is connected to the stereos in most homes, this would be a great enhancement.

This latest 2.06.10 firmware is really bad as was the previous one. My unit freezes up and I have to restart it twice by unplugging the unit from the wall for about 30 seconds before it’s usable. That’s getting to be a real pain. I can’t roll back as the Netflix interface is basically unuable  prior to .08. 

I rolled back to the original version it shipped with and it worked beautifully. The only reason I don’t stay with that version is Netflix. That, to me, shows that in all likelyhood, it is a firmware issue. Between the power button issues with this unit (causing it to cut off) and these recent poor firmwares, I am tempted to switch to a Boxee unit. The themers here have done such an amazing job tough, that I really hate to go away to something else. The wife is getting impatient too…

Hmmm.  I never had any issues with NetFlix in *any* version, so I’m not sure what you’re referring to, there.

2.06.10 has only two issues that I consider major (yeah, “only.” :slight_smile: )

— ISOs fail after opening four ISOs.

— Stray DLNA packets from certain devices on the same LAN will cause hangs.

No fix for the first one short of rebooting the box.   The fix for the second is to turn off the DLNA services of the device that’s sending the stray packets.   It’s worked for most people.

I’m confident that both issues will be fixed.  I’m pretty confident the first one will be fixed pretty soon, because I know what the issue is and think it should be an easy fix. 

Not too sure about the 2nd one, but at least there’s workarounds for it.

I know it’s tempting to follow the “Grass is Greener…” thought process.   I did it myself and bought a Boxee Box.   It went back to Amazon two months later.     I was about to spring for a NeoTV 550 so I could do full Blu-ray rips.   But NetGear dropped the ball big time on that box…  They announced there will never be NetFlix after they pseudo-hyped it for months, and some pretty serious bugs scare me away.

Make sure you go read the Boxee forums and familiarize yourself with the littany of issues over there, before you plonk down more cash… 

Thanks alot for the reply and the good advice…I’ll sit tight at least for another firmware update…This box is great when it’s working. I don’t know why it keeps freezing up on me but I have read of others here who are having similar issues. Thanks again.

Hi Tony and WDTVLand,

I’m wondering if there ever will be support for (BD-J) java menu navigation like DVD menu navigation on a firmware upgrade in the future? I really don’t want to waste extra money on the netgear 550, but I don’t want my hub to go to waste, haven’t used it in awhile due to full bd iso neglect. I’m using my htpc with arcsoft tmt5 atm to playback bd’s with extras & menus, would prefer to use the hub, but deeply saddened that this feature hasn’t been implemented yet. I know there may be complications in java licensing or compatibility with the hub, but just wondering if it ever will be possible?

Cheers

I just updated my Hub to the latest firmware, i was excited that it would finally support my 3TB USB drive and it did! Problem is now i cant see it on my network, I was copying a great deal of files to the internal HDD via this feature and all the sudden gone! please help

Upgraded to this to see if .mp4’s play nicely and without stuttering. No, they do not. Back to 2.03.24.

Most annoying thing about this release was to release a GAME MENU!!!  :robotmad:

Hey guys spend more time doing something else, understand there are a lot people using your hardware, but I’ll say they rather play on their PC/Mobile/Game Console (PS3,wii,xbox).

Since the Game menu is hardcoded on the firmware, please add an option on the settings to hide it.!!!

You can hide it.   Just use one of the custom these that doesn’t have game support.

Still nothing new? No new release? No fixes? Sad, sad…

Netgear goes it on right the opposite way:

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55155

[QUOTE]

We’ll use this thread to update you with info on the latest beta releases for RAIDiator 4.1.8. RAIDiator 4.1.7 release supports the ReadyNAS NV+, NV, Duo, 1100, X6, and 600 systems – yes, even systems as far back as 7 years old 8) . [/QUOTE]

^^ that’s how it’s done!!

(Never thought things could be so bad with WD *sad* )