New Release - Firmware Version 2.06.10 for WD TV Live Hub (5/17/11)

Yeah but there is a fine line between fixing things they broke in the first place, to then adding things that the majority do not really want.

Especially when the new things are aimed at potential buyers, rather than frustrated owners.

I just read the ideas part again, and to all that were thinking of getting moviesheet support, does this not kill that off ?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/ideas/v1/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/hub_ideas/tab/most-kudoed

But no comments on this one from WD.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Live-Hub-Ideas/Custom-Moviesheet-support/idi-p/160770

But then again there are 81 people wanting to drop the “The”, and only 61 for moviesheets…bizarre…

@TonyPh12345

My only hope is that they’re tailoring the firmware to allow, in the future, for you to connect to MULTIPLE servers at the same time, to allow for true aggregation.   Either that, or it’s a bug

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surely they would not only put half an idea in the firmware, I think its just a bug.

IE9 does not work on this site mate. Your comment is blank.

Hi,

I have just upgraded and now it’s telling me I have no internal storage! This is massivly frustrating as it took since i got it transfer everything across! I was expecting a much higher quality product from wd.

Any suggestions? I don’t have a flash drive big enough not that it can see any at all at the moment. I’ve had it a week and can’t beleive it’s broken from a firmware update…

Thanks,

George

Have you tried the basic total power off - Power button on remote >3secs.

Then power it back up again.

I have, I have also disconnected mains power after turning it off to see it that helped. For some reason it now sees network shares it didn’t before. But still fails to see any internal or attached storage.

I always thought it was broken there was a little rattle in the thing when it arrived.

Yeah Im having problems with shares just now as well…

Have you tried a factory reset from settings.

Worse case roll back the firmware, you have not had problems before this then ?

I have reset to factory settings, how do you roll back firmware?

I had a bit of trouble recognising usb devices and the painfully slow transfer of files, but everything had always been fine from the internal hard drive.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center

Yeah some people do have some problems, I have not bothered putting anything other than Wallpapers on it myself yet.

Hope the roll back helps.

Unfortunatly I am unable to do this, my hub won’t recognise any usb devices.

I guess I’m going to have to call support tomorrow and request a replacement, with any luck a new one will work…

Thanks for your help.

Ah thought it was just the internal side of things.

i have it working fine and I able to push photos and videos from my iphone. However, the orientation of the photos in their thumbnail view is wrong and the video playback orientation is incorrect.

Are they ever going to fix their “random” function to work on folders larger than 50 files? This must be the easiest thing to fix, a simple random algoritm based on the clock, or something that will make you able to listen to any other tracks than the first 50 in each folder. As it is now the box is completly useless as a music jukebox. 

Also it would be nice to make playlists on “twonky mobile”  on my mobile phone and actually save them to the wd tv box (this problem might also come from the app itself). Or at least be able to create playlists on the wd tv box.

And if you thought compiling the media library was slow before then try out the new firmware. So far it has been able to add 104 items (of about 15000) in about 20 minutes. So it might be finished by the time the next firmware update comes along…my advice…if you don’t need any of the netflix stuff and/or live outside the US then DONT update.

Hello,

Just downloaded and installed the new firmware but now all movies wich where already on the internal hd will start to

stutter.

Now i read about this before, but is there anyway to get rid of the problem.

I already tried to change back to factory settings, also tried doing a hard reset. but stil stuttering.

Greetings Edwin

Maybe try a roll back to see if it fixes it.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzA1NzUxMzMwL3NpZC9ScEM5TWh1aw%3D%3D

Hi

The best thing in any WD new FW is the roll back option :slight_smile:

too many new option and so less functioning, I will not repeater what every one else said, about keep it nice smooth and working with no bugs and stop adding more functions before solve the current and also take a look to the ideas section and consider it in your planning to any update.

Too many simple update with a stable FW is thousand times better than what we got, if you even just fixed the last update bugs it will be great move, but again another FW came out without enough testing or tested by some doesn’t care people.

Simple suggestion as any vendor do, choose a list of your customer and ask them to test the beta before publish it, you will got great value back and really test output.

Guys you do a lot of work please don’t waste it and waste our time by keep doing this.

Any way thanks and good luck in the next FW update.

1 Like

I’ll pass on this one. There is nothing on that list that is worthy for the need to update. Don’t want  the monkeys tampering my box.

If they ever add USB Hub Support in their firmware updates, expect to see me naked in a cage of gorillas!

6 Ports are better then 2…

stew181 wrote:

If they ever add USB Hub Support in their firmware updates, expect to see me naked in a cage of gorillas!

6 Ports are better then 2…

I’ll remind you of that. Just post us the youtube link.

I couldn’t have put it better myself YasrKasem!!

well said, totally agree- I haven’t even bothered trying it out having read evry1 elses comments. B- u-g-g-e-r that for a game of soldiers!!!

I updated my unit yesterday… worked fine. Today I start up and says there’s a new firmware available. It did the update process all over again. Hope it’s not going to go through this every day.

So far the firmware works great for me, but the games are useless. They run too slow.

Thank you WD for fixing the Hebrew subs issue!!

It works a treat and now my wife wont divorce me…!! Was a close call though, thanks!!:smiley: