New Release - Firmware Version 1.07.15 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (2/29/12)

I agree with a lot of people on here. It’s [edited] That WD keeps adding new services, but will not fix any of the issues we all have clealy posted. 100 bucks isn’t a lot of money but geez… give us something that works for our money.  Why do I need to power cycle my device after every movie I watch? I’ve been buying WD HDDs for many years, but I am considering never buying another WD product again. 

1 Like

martinboy wrote:

TV shows still doesnt get sorted correctly. its still sorted e1, e10, e12 …e2, e20, e21 etc etc.

this isn’t a FW issue. if you use Windows or OSX and try that and sort by name it shows e1,e10, etc…
this is because you’re using a single digit number and double digit number naming when you should only be using double digit naming.
if you rename to e01, e02, e03 etc this fixes it and is standard release practice for tv shows online as well.

1 Like

Moor208 wrote:

… but will not fix any of the issues we all have clealy posted…

What of the 20 issues that were resolved?  Hmm?

Is it because the ONE issue thread you posted in wasn’t fixed?  

Just upgraded my media player to 1.07.15 and whenever i watch a video on netflix, when i try to return to the netflix menu after playback my box crashes, i lose video signal and the only way to reset it/turn it off, is to pull the plug out.

I have only managed to reproduce this problem in netflix, so is this a netflix related issue or a bug on my wdtv live streaming media player?

Has anyone else experienced this? and if so was it a problem in the 1.06 firmware? It really is a pain,especially as i am sure it could cause my external hardrive to corrupt if it just crashes regularly.

djclipz wrote:

Just upgraded my media player to 1.07.15 and whenever i watch a video on netflix, when i try to return to the netflix menu after playback my box crashes, i lose video signal and the only way to reset it/turn it off, is to pull the plug out.

I have only managed to reproduce this problem in netflix, so is this a netflix related issue or a bug on my wdtv live streaming media player?

Has anyone else experienced this? and if so was it a problem in the 1.06 firmware? It really is a pain,especially as i am sure it could cause my external hardrive to corrupt if it just crashes regularly.

Try resetting the WD player to factory defaults via the internal menu. This sometimes sorts out problems after a firmware update and is highly recommended. 

I’m a UK user with netflix issues too. 502 error or no access depening on the DNS used.

On previous version of code managed to get Netflix working with the DNS trick, then used UK & US Netflix. Now neither work.

My ipad & PC can connect to UK netflix thru same router & UK DNS settings so why does the SMP not!!!

HELP!

This firmware broke USB keyboard support (when trying to “Skip to Desired Time”).

How to repro:

1. Start to play a movie (example: streamed DIVX movie [AVI] via DLNA).

2. During playback, press the ENTER key on the USB keyboard to display the option “Skip to Desired Time”.

3. Try entering the time with the keyboard.

Expected:

You should be able to navigate to the fields in the form using the USB keyboard, enter desired time and hit ENTER to dismiss the form.

Actual:

You cannot navigate to the fields in the form using the USB keyboard - only the remote control works.

Observation:

This is a regression from the previous firmware. Worked fine with firmware (1.06.04).

Request:

Please fix this as it is annoying having to switch from keyboard to remote and back and it is a regression (worked until firmware 1.07.15).

Thanks,

Charlie

1 Like

rickUK wrote:

Try resetting the WD player to factory defaults via the internal menu. This sometimes sorts out problems after a firmware update and is highly recommended. 

i have actually already tried that a couple of times. Netflix still crashes though! :frowning:

Hello,

How do I roll back to the version before 1.07.15? Once I upgraded my Hulu Plus disappeared, and my Netflix won’t connect.

THanks!

How do you roll back?

corgeglooney wrote:

How do you roll back?

Download firmware from the link below and follow the instructions.
http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

The filenames are s01e01 but WD renames them to 1-1 when I get the content info. So no, its a WD problem.

What was the solution for error 502? I’ve been getting it all evening.

I’ve spent most of the last week between this forum on the lap top and the various set up screens on TV. For different reasons, but the novelty wearing thin now for my new gadget. :( 

Im from PR, and I had the same problem. Found that the ware moved from service. Just press dashboard button and in the button appear, hulu, nexflix and the others.

Bill_S wrote:

I don’t mean to argue with you, but what does adding a service have to do with whether an issue gets fixed?

It’s rather obvious, isn’t it? By investing time into adding features, this time is lost and can’t be used to fix bugs. It’s kinda strange to see WD apparently think that a device not working as advertized is gonna be well received.

Bill_S wrote:

What if it’s just that we’re being required to close up all the holes we may have had in our firmware.

So you waited 12 pages to give out this rather important info (“we are required to do so by the rightsholders, there’s nothing we can do”) that could have calmed down people rather than letting this thing escalate? Sometimes I just don’t get you guys. OTOH, it’s true to form. WD claims DTS HD bitstreaming isn’t supported because it’s only licensed to real BD players. Yet, how come other (cheap) NMTs do support it?

Guys thanks for all the info,but trying to roll back to v 6.15 following instructions did not work… the new firnware icon on thebottom settings bar did not appear… anyvidea if i need to make any change in the ssystem setup or network set up… or may be is the usb?, do i need a specific type… i formatted one with w7 and place the 3 files… but noting happend when plugging into the wd tv live… any clue some one?

Actually, it was 22 insignificante issues fixed. And, 10 of them were on the services of the device. I shouldn’t have to power cycle my  SMP after every movie. Let WD take our money and give us a crappy product that doesn’t actually work the way it should. As many problems as the Seagate FAT+ has … at least I can watch multi movies with it in a row. And, the FAT+ is another crappy media player that doesn’t deliver what it promises. WD makes great drives… they just simple work. But, as far as the SMP… I am one p!ssed off customer. WD, FIX OUR ISSUES!

If they would just give us the fixes we wanted, everything would be fine.  I spent my money on somethine… I expect it to work correctly. If you buy a blender from wal mart, and it didn’t work… you would want them to fix it or replace. I don’t want a replacement… I want my money back for a product that doesn’t do what it says. 

1 Like

martinboy wrote:

The filenames are s01e01 but WD renames them to 1-1 when I get the content info. So no, its a WD problem.

do you use the default TVDB Meta-Source to get info for your tv shows?

if so this is NOT a WD problem it’s TVDB as that’s how they name their shows they do not use 01, 02, 03 ect.

if you go HERE to New Girl you can see how they name each episode.

because of this, sorting alphabetically doesn’t work properly and this doesn’t apply to just the SMP but anything that uses them as a source.

Hi can I ask when are we having an update on firmware 1.06.15 on my wd tv live , For I player and Netflix . Coz I’ve been asking for iplayer for ages now…and if it’s only for streaming wd…then it’s not fair… And provide me some numbers to complain about it. And yes I am in uk.

when i started to read this forum, I figured it would be populated by unsatisfied and frustrated customers. Its kind of understadable. And coming  from ACRYAN mediaplayer and forum, i thought that things couldn’t get much worse.

But they could!

With every fw-upgrade things get worse.

I still can’t get over the fact that this new firmware-upgrade did not fix a single issue I’m having (from the 6) but managed to give me three whole new issues.

So if there is something WD is improving, its their trackrecord on ****-ups in their support.

This will be my last  WD-product, ever. They’re just incompetent on the software-part, which makes the hardwarepart  (which is very good) utterly irrelevant