New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.15_V for the WD TV Live (8/9/11)

parnott100 wrote:

guestus wrote:

Where is HULU?

On the Live+. The Live does not have the required DRM hardware to support HULU+.

Does this mean we are unlikely to ever see Lovefilm on the WD TV Live either?

Has anyone tested the downsampling to 48kHz problem…

I cannot get my 24bit/96Khz file to work b=via HDMI or Optical on Sony AV reciever.

I think that the player will now always sets the native value from EDID sections CE video identifiers (VICs) - timing / formats supported, is cause pf problem with auto framerate.

For example, on my LG TV in this section native value is 1280 x  720p at  60Hz - HDTV (16:9, 1:1) [Native] and player always set videout to 720p@60Hz.

Done some testing and a lot of good things have happend and only one bad thing:

Good:

* Much faster and responsive

* More subtitles seems to be supported

* Lots of small bugs corrected.

* Stable

Bad:

* AUTO FRAMERATE DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE! NOOOOO…

Auto framerate is an essential feature for smooth playback. If auto framerate worked in this firmware it would be a keeper. For now I will downgrade to 1.05.4

I hope WD will fix this problem soon.

Not getting 24/96 either.  Flashing briefly on 24/96 and returning to 16/48.

Sounds like another WD promise broken!!!

This is not good enough…twicw they have released firmware statemets saying this bug has been fixed, and apparently twicw they have failed to solve the issue.

rostron wrote:

Has anyone tested the downsampling to 48kHz problem…

I cannot get my 24bit/96Khz file to work b=via HDMI or Optical on Sony AV reciever.

WDTV Live connected to a Harman Kardon AVR-435, via Optical.

My 24/96 FLAC files are still being showed at the receiver as PCM 48kHz. DTS 24/96 works fine.

I think the 48kHz downsampling problem still persists.

mike_73 wrote:

**bleep**!!! Many of my .mkv files are now not supported format (played well before the update)??? Thats can’t be serious an update with final status.

Please fix that!

Hi mike_73,

I have had this problem before: Delete the folder “.wd_tv” at the root of the USB device, and so should be fine. It must be done with each new update, and with every USB device.

Regards.

P.d: Sorry for my English, I am Spanish. ;D

Carnivol wrote:

Just updated mine. Works like a charm so far. Just noticed the option for being able to toggle what audio formats are supported by my reciever in the audio output settings (love it! Especially since my Pioneer receiver seems to be horrifyingly picky about what it actually supports amongst AAC encoded audio, with some stuff working like a charm and other stuff not at all… so finally no more need for backing out to the system menu to toggle stereo downsampling on/off for stuff that have a high probability of misbehaving!)

Random video freezing issues aside in some old encodes I’ve got, there’s one issue that seems to persistantly survive  through all the updates that’ve come out since I first got one of these babies over a year and a half ago; various stuff utilizing Vorbis (OGG?) audio seems to have these annoyingly high-pitched skips/hiccups in the audio every once in a while (causing audio/video desync over time, with audio being delayed). This is a problem that seems to’ve gradually become worse over time, since there’s stuff in my archive (utilizing Vorbis audio) that didn’t have this issue before, but which at some point joined the trend of some older encodes of having this skipping issue.

Yep, those annoying hiccups are still here. And they are so **bleep** often.

Haha, first time i heard those, i thought that my media had gone bad :stuck_out_tongue:

Had I time, i’d start installing all previous FWs to find out which one was the latest without those screeches. Cause I can clearly remember that my vorbis media were working just fine.

There is a problem with DVD playback. In the previous version of FW, there was a different menu, a DVD-like menu and worked fine even if subtitles of a movie where ‘DVD-player-only’.

PREVIOUS:

Clicking MOVIE → VIDEO_TS and play on the folder meant that there was a classic video-file like menu (Span, Zoom In, Zoom Out, Subtitles… etc.)

Clicking MOVIE → VIDEO-TS → VIDEO_TS_1.VOB and play on the first file meant that a different menu appeared. There were just three icons - (Menu, Subtitles, Audio).

NOW:

Now it is the same in both mentioned cases. It is video-file like menu and I can’t display subtitles on SOME of my movies (some hadn’t had this problem and subtitles had been showed even in video-file like menu)

And additionally, there is a bug when clicking ENTER on any other then the first VIDEO_TS.vob file. WDTV freezes and restarts after a while. 

I would really like to see the DVD feature back please. Or is there any other way to play it like a DVD?

Thank you. 

Will there be a release where .jpg are loaded as cover images for the movies inside a folder??? just like windows does, you name it folder.jpg and the folder icon changes to the cover.

it would also be really nice for the WD to look for .nfo file inside the folder and display the data in the list movie screen.

any chances of doing this or implementing it?

hi

regards

pawson

Hi,

It seems strange that some are having problems with downsampling, 24/96 flac files are playing fine through my Yamaha receiver as are my 192/24 flac files.

Regards

Hayden

When browsing and watching photos on an UPnP server [1] there are crashes (reboots to be more precise) after some time. Didn’t check that with older firmware, but now I can reproduce it. That would be something to take a look at, plus the broken Autoframerate already mentioned. Other than that I didn’t have problems, but still I will downgrade because of broken AFR.

[1] http://www.yazsoft.com/products/playback/

No fix for networking with Mac OS Lion… What a joke :confused:

Gixxer wrote:

Will there be a release where .jpg are loaded as cover images for the movies inside a folder??? just like windows does, you name it folder.jpg and the folder icon changes to the cover.

it would also be really nice for the WD to look for .nfo file inside the folder and display the data in the list movie screen.

any chances of doing this or implementing it?

Unless I’m misunderstanding you, that’s always been supported.

folder.jpg  is used as the cover art for the parent FOLDER

“moviename.jpg” is used as the cover art for the movie file.

XML support is only available on the Live Hub (what you’re calling NFO is just XML.)

Chaosphere64 wrote:

When browsing and watching photos on an UPnP server [1] there are crashes (reboots to be more precise) after some time. Didn’t check that with older firmware, but now I can reproduce it. That would be something to take a look at, plus the broken Autoframerate already mentioned. Other than that I didn’t have problems, but still I will downgrade because of broken AFR.

[1] http://www.yazsoft.com/products/playback/

Ok, meanwhile I downgraded to the previous 1.05.14_V firmware and the crashes (reboots) are gone! So it seems to me this bug was introduced with the new firmware and should be looked into. May I assume that this posting is sufficient as a bug report?

The  online update via the network failed for me (for the first time) but since I download and store each firmware release it was no big deal. The network failure could have been something on my end anyway. I simply downloaded the update and copied it to my USB thumb drive. Update went without any issues. Up and running on the new firmware in less than five minutes. Network access worked fine without the need to re-enter the signin info. Watched numerous shows with no noticable playback issues. I wasn’t having any problems so I can’t say this update was necessary for me but I like to keep my device current. I just use the basic playback options.

Hayden

“It seems strange that some are having problems with downsampling, 24/96 flac files are playing fine through my Yamaha receiver as are my 192/24 flac files.”

Did you just download the firmware or did you have to change any settings to get it to work?

I have reset to factory setting by putting a paperclip into the reset hole, also I powered the us=nit down for 60 secs.

Still no luck with my Sony SDR2400ES

I am really mad now.

I again wrote the Support reporting a Bug, got my Ticket and a answer now after 1 Day belonging the

"Match Framerate no longer working " Bug in this new FW Realese.

The Support  just copy pasted a link to the FW Changes and guiding me to this community Forum 

so that the technicians will help me here with fixing the Bugs.

That was it.

Why should “we” your customers waste our sparetime, send Bugs to the Support if your own Support Workers just copy paste answers which have nothing to do with the Problem or Questions?.

If people here ask for help your community  Workers guide to your email Support and your E-.Mail support “stil” does the opposite in guiding here  and then are dumping our Tickets?

How should WD fix Problems if your Support people do not even read our Problems or forward them???

Unbelievable …

Please check your Support workers and look at Ticket [Deleted]

Thx