New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.15_V for the WD TV Live (8/9/11)

WD team: Can you only take a couple of days to fix this ONLY THIS REALLY IMPORTANT BUG with the AutoFrame Rate and relaunch the new  FW 1.06.16 release. All the people here will be really pleased with this release, believe it! and please don’t touch anymore until the group of fixes/add-ons. 

Thank you!

It’s a problem on Apple’s side since they are not including SMB (Samba) as part os the system anymore due to licensing problems.> There are several tutorials on how to install SMB in Lion , you can find them in google.> * * *
thibotus01 wrote:

No fix for networking with Mac OS Lion… What a joke :confused:

Just a short question: where can I open a ticket?

Chaosphere64 wrote:

Below.  You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

1 Like

this is probably their best release so far … didnt see any major bugs :slight_smile:

keep up good work WDTV :slight_smile:

Bill_S wrote:

Chaosphere64 wrote:

Below.  You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Thx, I filed a bug report.

I update wd by internet connection and after reboot it destroy the 2nd partition of my wd mybook 1TB and crashes the sony tv (!!!). Sony tv reboots but the partition is irrecuperable

Gixxer wrote:

Will there be a release where .jpg are loaded as cover images for the movies inside a folder??? just like windows does, you name it folder.jpg and the folder icon changes to the cover.

it would also be really nice for the WD to look for .nfo file inside the folder and display the data in the list movie screen.

any chances of doing this or implementing it?

Unless I’m misunderstanding you, that’s always been supported.

folder.jpg  is used as the cover art for the parent FOLDER

“moviename.jpg” is used as the cover art for the movie file.

XML support is only available on the Live Hub (what you’re calling NFO is just XML.)

---------------------------------------------------------

even in network shares? Cause thats the objective of a device that has ethernet, wifi, etc.

I’ll recheck again later.

But i was also refering that when you have the movie list, when browsing down, show at the right the cover in big, instead of only the cover in the icon.

So far so good. Everything seems stable and is a tad snappier than the previous releases. No major bugs discovered. I’ve tested several avi, mkv and dvd iso files and they all worked flawless. Streaming via SMB shared folders from my Qnap TS-110 worked without stutter or delay. I give this release a “thumbs up”.  Well, the “Games” section is pretty worthless - nobody asked for that…

Do 1080p .mkv’s still stutter with this firmware?

Gixxer wrote:

even in network shares? Cause thats the objective of a device that has ethernet, wifi, etc.

But i was also refering that when you have the movie list, when browsing down, show at the right the cover in big, instead of only the cover in the icon.

Yes, even in network shares, though it’s a good idea to “hide” the JPG files by naming them with a “.” in the front so the JPG files themselves don’t show on the list.

The other thing you’re talking about sounds like MOVIE SHEETs, and no, that is NOT supported on the Live / Live+, only the Hub.

I noticed with the new firmware in audio settings  that linear PCM is added now , has anyone tried a  file with dts master audio to see if it will pass through into a reciever with linear PCM  processing capability. ?

I tried several times to download the new firmware only to get stopped and timed out at 2%. I have a very fast Internet connection (20 mbps ul/6 mbps dl). I finally decided to download and update via my USB drive.

After four attempts staying stuck at 0%, I reset the drive…same result.

Never had a firmware issue before.

Any ideas?

Gixxer wrote:

Yes, even in network shares, though it’s a good idea to “hide” the JPG files by naming them with a “.” in the front so the JPG files themselves don’t show on the list.

The other thing you’re talking about sounds like MOVIE SHEETs, and no, that is NOT supported on the Live / Live+, only the Hub.

------------------------------------------

ok thanks

although I am not talking about the whole moviesheets creation which is too much of a pain to create. I was just suggesting using the jpg inside the folder and show it at the right side in as a big cover.

yesterday

with this firmware TVersity server going in error -----> Error - Could not execute SQL statement, reason: unrecognized >token: ""

I too have an issue with TVersity. Its my only means for network connectivity because SMB network does not work properly in WD Live  when connecting to  Windows Domain machines, it see servers, but always get No Media Found error when connecting, no matter what guest/everyone permissions I use … please fix SMB network and/or update your network confiuration to be more robust.

Please fix DLNA such that it works with TVersity. It worked in 1.5, why break it!

Please have option to define audio output based upon each connection. The 1.6 firmware looks promising, but need to be definable on each audio output. If unable to pass through digital audio, downgrade audio to stereo/pcm and pass that through. Have this option separate for HDMI, Optical Out, do not try to combine them.

Because of the DLNA bugs, I’ve had to downgrade to 1.5

Please fix these bugs … they are blant and obvious, WD really needs some decent testers and quality control.

I only play mostly full HD (1080P), via either m2ts, or mkv container. No compression in my rips, maintaining 100% quality. I have three movies I always test on each new firmware. one is MKV 23.976FPS, MKV 29FPS, & m2ts 23.976FPS. As auto FPS is broken I need to manually set for each movie. Results (1.06.15) -

MKV 23.976 = some intermediate judder / stutter

MKV 29 = very regular, recurring judder

m2ts = plays smooth.

(I have a new LED Sony, & new Yamaha receiver & use top of the range HDMI)

I find there is always one of these test movies that do not work well (smooth) with all previous firmware updates. The latest one I am resting on (again) that passes these tests, & with minimal other glitches is 1.04.10

Wayne.

@rubikcubic

Yes it has been noted over in the Tversity forums for the latest Live+ firmware- http://forums.tversity.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=658​12 And here in the WD forums for both Live and Live+.

Appears to be something specific to Tversity as I don’t have any similar problem with Twonkymedia. And I don’t recall seeing any similar reports for other DLNA servers. So something on the Tversity side is not working per standard.

You might want to contact Tversity support to see if they know what the problem is.

Folks 

There is no option for Digital audio of Optical and HDMI at same time as it was up till now. This is a big pain. my TV is HDMI and my receiver is not. i need to be able to switch between o/p choices based on program i am watching. I dont need Dolby for normal programs as my TV speaker is good enough. Now i am having to change settings everytime i have to change… This is  ridiculous. 

If at all WD should have added new things… not removed good exisiting features… Is this being  fixed ASAP? I see lot of same complaints on WD forum.

WHat is the solution?

thanks

Hayden wrote:

Hi,

It seems strange that some are having problems with downsampling, 24/96 flac files are playing fine through my Yamaha receiver as are my 192/24 flac files.

Regards

Hayden

Hayden,

Are you using audio thru HDMI or optical? If optical, do you set anything up to have it working?

The new update broke my WD TV Live.  We used it yesterday with the same 1.5TB 2.5" SeaGate Free Agent GoFlex USB drive that we’ve been using since we picked up the GoFlex in March.  As soon as the firmware was downloaded the USB light on the WD TV Live just blinks very quickly and the HDD never shows up as being available.  The HDD still works fine on my PC and laptop, and the only thing that has changed is the firmware.  This is very frustrating…I have no idea how to download, and just wanted to be able to use the WD TV Live as I always have.

Worse yet, I jump on here and see that if it was working, I wouldn’t be able to use HDMI audio and optical audio at the same time, which is important for me, since I use the TV speakers for showing videos to the kids, but use my MixAmp and headset to watch movies and play games while they’re asleep or when I want the 5.1 surround…