New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.15_V for the WD TV Live (8/9/11)

Well, i’m new here on the forum, i’ve installed the new software and there are some criticall problems to solve as in mkv’s don’t appear in the screen the name of the subtitles and i need to wait to someone speak to see which language is on. In playing blu-rays some of them aparently start but suddenly the screen turns black and there’s no playback and the wd remains stuck till the moment i unpplugged from the wall, and in blu-ray too the subtitles only appear in english.

Sorry for my english.

Regards.

the new firmware has caused a lot of streaming problems between my PC and WD TV Live. I have rolled back to the previous 1.05 firmware.

waiting for something better than 1.06.15!

Any alternative download locations?? i’m failing to download new firmware from my device or computer.

Hi!

Is there a safe way to get rid of the flickering black/purple screen? I’ve set my res. to Auto for now, before i had it to the highest possible but then i lost my picture completly and had to use a non HDMI solution (forgot what’s called) to reset my settings.

Or is this just a new feature from WD?

Since this update the network  is always aktiv, in former versions it was switched off when powering down (standby).

I recogniced this because my homeserver is watching the networkaktivity of this devive, since this update the box is always taged al online…

Is this an error or is there a deeper reason for…

grossy69

please wdtv team read my post update, please fix the green angle hdmi problem >> http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/New-Release-Firmware-Version-1-06-15-V-for-the-WD-TV-Live-8-9-11/td-p/235584/page/37

castway wrote:

please wdtv team read my post update, please fix the green angle hdmi problem >> http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/New-Release-Firmware-Version-1-06-15-V-for-the-WD-TV-Live-8-9-11/td-p/235584/page/37

The way you described that problem: “I HAVE RECEIVED THE NEW WDTV, BUT NOW HAVE A NEW PROBLEM:EVERY SECOND POWERON THE WDTV SHOWS A GREEN ANGLE UP ON THE LEFT” it seems related to the new WDTV you received, not this firmware?  I haven’t heard of anyone else with this problem so I’d suggest the new WDTV unit you received is the problem.

the problems are begun when I have update with this version of firmware, at least have happened after.

in these last 3 days this problem more has not happened, if warning still succeeds you…

skinsman wrote:

Doesn’t sound right to me, plenty of people have lots of 50Hz movies.  I live in Australia, a PAL country, and rip all my DVDs at 25fps since that matches what’s on the disk - 50Hz or 50 fields per second.  Please let me know if it looks like I’m doing the wrong thing though.> Cheers> * * *
SoNic wrote:

… there are very little native 50Hz movies. …

50Hz is just a BBC bull…

You’re doing the right thing, SoNic does not know what he’s talking about. All PAL DVD are 50Hz plus 50Hz has nothing to do with the BBC its our mains frequency.

Just wanted to add that I just purchased the WD TV Live player last week, and almost returned it, thinking this was a defective model.  I’m having the issue described in this thread: http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/BUG-Confirmed-1-04-17V-VOB-stutter-over-network/td-p/108518.

I’m running the most current firmware (1.06.15_V).  I tried downgrading to 1.03.49, but then I couldn’t login to the network shares.  I’m sure I could troubleshoot that, but it seems the easy workaround is to just put the files into an .iso, since doing that somehow alleviates all the issues.  Also there’s the option to hit the play button on the video_ts folder.  That makes the video no longer stutter, but disables all the dvd menus.

It would be nice if simple DVD-functionality worked correctly in a “Media Player.”  :slight_smile:

For about a week or so, my unit just don’t work ok anymore.

When I play a movie or something on YouTube and stop it, the movie image goes away but sound of the movie remains.

If I try to play another movie, the image of the first movie appears again, the progress circle appears and nothing happens.

Press back key, the image disappears but sound remains. Much strange is enven if I turn the unit off with the remote and turn it on again, the sound of the movie cames back. Very strange. The only way to solve this is to reboot the unit.

After a few tests to understand why this happens, I discover that this only happens if I have the nertwork cable connected.

I have 1.05.04 installed and I don’t know if this is because of new firmware detected or not. But if I disconnect the network cable, the unit play everything without any problems. If I connect the network, for instance, while watching a movie, stop it and try to play it again, I get I message saying that the file format is not supported by the unit. Must reboot the unit to solve it.

I’d try everything, downgrade to 1.02.21 version and all the other versions but allways with the same problem. 

Anyone have any ideas about this?

I was playing an MKV of a recent action film and noticed a distinct judder in playback.  I hadn’t seen this before and thought it might be the DVD to MKV process.  Before I went down that path,  I tried a few different settings in the Audio/Video menu;  different color depths, color space modes, 1080P 60Hz instead of AUTO, but no luck, the MKV still juddered.  I tried a retro-grade to 1.05.04V to see if it would go away, enabling framerate matching which presumably was still working in that load, but still no luck.   Also, the subtitle defaulted ON even though I selected Default OFF in  system setup.

The next day, I watched a few Youtube videos and then tried the movie just before I was about to examine the MKV process.  Surprisingly, the judder was gone.  I watched for a few minutes to confirm, then stopped and restarted the playback and tried FF to get to a particular point where the judder was most visible.  The WDTV froze and reset itself.  When it came back, the judder was now happening again.  I tried to reproduce my steps up to when the judder stopped earlier, but could not get it. 

At this point, it was apparent that the judder was not the MKV but the WDTV.  This time, I went through the video settings systematically (this was still 1.05.04V) to find the “magic switch”.  I finally found it:  in the HDMI menu, I took the setting out of AUTO and selected 1080P 24Hz.  The MKV now played smoothly and was the sharpest standard DVD rendering I have yet seen, very close to Bluray.

I have not re-upgraded to 1.06.15V and will hold back since I did not see any performance improvements in the last update, plus the game selector in the top layer menu is, frankly, so lame that it is embarrassing. 

Gear:  WDTV Live 1.05.04V, Sharp AQUOS LC46LE700UN (HDMI to WDTV), Audio via TV set analog RCA outputs to dedicated stereo system with subwoofer, Seagate Expansion 2TB external USB drive, wired 10/100Base-T to in-home network, Microsoft wireless keyboard

hi, i use wd live with calman software calibration and the last firware version it’s not ok for that i would like to return to version   1.03.49     how can i do please help me

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hd-media-player-or-wd-tv-live

That should help you.

My problem:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Firmware/New-Release-Firmware-Version-1-06-15-V-for-the-WD-TV-Live-8-9-11/m-p/236908#M13086

So, I RMAed my WD TV, and the new WD TV worked with my 1.5TB GoFlex drive.  Until I put new a new file on the drive.  

Now I’m having to rollback the firmware on the WD TV again (see the link above), and I’m again stuck with a WD TV that wants me to update to a new (read: broken) firmware every time I turn it on…except I’ve spent an extra $10 on shipping to confirm that it’s faulty firmware, not a problem with my specific WD TV device.

What about spotify? where is our spotify? let me gues DRM as well? freakin bull… I bought my LIVE cause there wasn’t no such thing as LIVE PLUS when I bought mine… so I feel jipped… I think people who have a LIVE should get a discount on the LIVE PLUS.

It’s unbelievable the lack of respect of WD to its customers. I just read some complaints about the problem I have now with the firmware version 1.06.15_V and noticed that those complaints were made ​​in April 2010 (more than one year ago) and yet WD has done nothing so far to remedy the problem.
Never in my life I will buy any other WD equipment

It is shameful!

Shanarana wrote:

It’s unbelievable the lack of respect of WD to its customers. I just read some complaints about the problem I have now with the firmware version 1.06.15_V and noticed that those complaints were made ​​in April 2010 (more than one year ago) and yet WD has done nothing so far to remedy the problem.
Never in my life I will buy any other WD equipment

It is shameful!

No idea what you are talking about.

I have 2  WDTV Lives. Both purchased shortly after the were released, so 2 or 2 /12 years ago. They have worked well and reliably for me during this time.

The only problems I have encountered were unrelated to the WDTV Lives. Mostly related to flaky network configurations. The WDTV Lives just happened to be the first to fall over because of the network problems.

The other reason I probably don’t have problems is that I encode all of my media files from the original source media. That way I know exactly how they are encoded and that they will play on all my media players.

If you wish help, then post details of the problems you are having rather than just the vague- its been reported since April 201. A lot of problems have been reported since then and been fixed.

@Parnott

+1 for Shanarana

just as an example, search for “random is not random anymore” and you get one of these shameful recurrent bug that you are looking for

You are happy with you LIVE the way it is and this is totally OK,; … and probably I envy you a bit.

But please try to understand people that are really fed up after so many months/years of wait, with absolutely no respect in WD communication.

Personaly I have lost trust that WD is even reading this whole forum, as they never acknowledge anything. And yes I sent several bug reports to their support directly in the past 2 years!  and got only useless answers :cry:

Did anyone hear anything about a corrected Firmware Release for the WDTV Live HD ? 

Now that the 3rd Generation is out and the latest firmware release is quite old I am afraid, that there will be no further releases for the WDTV live … 

Anyone got anything new on that ?