New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.15_V for the WD TV Live (8/9/11)

At first I really liked the new 1.06.15. Video Quality seemed to be a bit better, there were Games for my kids in the menu.

Unfortunately a few days of use showed that this firmware is really buggy and unuseable in the end. The main problem for me is USB HDD find time and regular muck-up of the file system on the attached drive.

I rolled back to 1.04.22. I wish WD will finally release a firmware that we can actually use on our WD TV lives.

45 PAGES and still no date for a proper and stable firmware !

WD should in a fist time apologyse, then stop asking when we turn on the tv live for an upgrade to a buggy firmware.
This is not serious but a shame.

Can we hope something for christmass ?

Does anyone knows a version that realy detects all the hard drives?

GnLov wrote:

Oggle wrote:> …And I too would like to know if I can power up my player and not have it go to the firmware update screen.  I don’t trust my wife and kids NOT to do this!

Block your WDTV from accessing support.wdc.com. No more firmware notifications…

Brilliant!

Since Match Video Framerate no longer works, I’m staying with v1.4.22 and this little tweak to the router access restrictions now saves me from having to exit the “New Firmware Found” menu each time I turn on the TVLive.

Thanks.

The 1.04.22 does.

Well in current fw something terribly wrong with working with usb drives.

I have one of hcl list usb 2.5 hdd 320gb, and it on and off with wdtv, after update to 1.6.15 when i connect this drive via usb to windows 7 pc it says about errors on filesystem.

Hi,

Please, I’m about to buy a used WDTV Live. The box does not exist anymore. How can I know if it’s the WDTV Live or the WDTV Live Plus? Wich are the phisical evidences?

thanks

You can tell by the model numbers.

Live Plus model numbers

http://support.wdc.com/product/install.asp?groupid=1006&lang=en

Live model numbers

http://support.wdc.com/product/install.asp?groupid=1003&lang=en

And the “NEW” Live…

http://support.wdc.com/product/install.asp?groupid=1011&lang=en

Will we be using the same firmwire releases with the ‘new’ live?

Ok. Thanks.

But, what’s this?

http://www.wdc.com/pt/products/products.aspx?id=330

This is a live too? Does this device use Firmware Version 1.06.15_V?

I own a Liive but it doesn’t have this aspect…

Thanks again.

valente274 wrote:

Ok. Thanks.

But, what’s this?

http://www.wdc.com/pt/products/products.aspx?id=330

This is a live too? Does this device use Firmware Version 1.06.15_V?

I own a Liive but it doesn’t have this aspect…

Thanks again.

That is the latest WD TV Live Streaming Media Player which has just been released.  No that does not use Firmware Version 1.06.15_V.

Thanks richUK.

But I don’t understand!

Idon’t see any reference to this unit on this community. Why? What firmware it uses? What the main difference comparing with the WDTV LIVE? Why the “streaming” word? WDTV LIVE is streaming capable as well!

Can anybody explain me whta’s happening…?

The “ORIGINAL” Live was called the “WDTV Live Media Player.”   It is no longer being made, and will ultimately be unsupported soon.

The replacement product is the “WDTV Live Streaming Media Player.”  It was released three weeks ago.

Yes, the similarity of the names is confusiing EVERYONE.   WD made a poor choice there.

All you need to do is read the user manuals for both products and it will be VERY clear what the differences are.

Hi All.

First, sorry for not reading all 46 pages but tried the searching but no relevant hits.

I just updated my WD TV Live to 1.06.15_V and already at first movie I say the first bug.

When changing subtitles it doesn’t show the language or even that it changes.

I remember the previous did.

Christian

Hi
when you say " The ORIGINAL Live was called the “WDTV Live Media Player.”   It is no longer being made, and will ultimately be unsupported soon.", does it mean that the WD team is not going to make at least a last and proper firmware ?

Well if WD do stop supporting the TV live without issuing a firmware upgrade with at least gapless audio and 24/96 support I’ll be ebaying the TV live and replacing it.  Not with a WD product though.  Their support for the live has been abominable and incompetent…

chris110761 wrote:

Well if WD do stop supporting the TV live without issuing a firmware upgrade with at least gapless audio and 24/96 support I’ll be ebaying the TV live and replacing it.  Not with a WD product though.  Their support for the live has been abominable and incompetent…

I guess there’s gonna be a flood of WDTV Live’s on ebay… I’m about to sell mine too. And my next player will surely NOT be a WD.

VMat

any news of a new firmware or have we yet again been brushed under the carpet with the “NEW MACHINE” lame

excuse i ask?

if WD stop supporting this device I will also sell it as there are too many unsolved issues.

not without getting in as many forums i can and expressing my discontent with the device and with WD in general, so that no more users suffer problems we are. also facebook and twitter to let the world know. (with such a LINKED social networks, opinions spread very easily)

It takes a lot of work (and money) to make a good brand name, reputation, etc, but unhappy users can raise their voice and ruin all this, stopping lot of potencial buyers, imagine going into every “comment” section of every review of the new WD device and express our opinion…