New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.22_V for WD TV Live (3/8/11)

Hello, just wanted to say thanks for the latest 1.04.22_V
 Firmware.

I love the new AutoFrame option, now i don’t need to

change it everytime manually to 50/60/24, its just a fresh

breeze! :smiley:

The only thing that still don’t work for me is DTS sound

via HDMI to the TV, no sound.

DTS over optical to my AV Receiver worked and still

works fine.

This could maybe be my TV, its a SAMSUNG 46" LCD

Model LE46B679.

I still have to test 7.1 Sound, more on this later.

Regards

Nedo

Small bug with “Now Playing”

Go to: tunein plugin, start playing some radio.

On screen you can see info about station, picture, some description and genre and some progress bar.

Now press Home button on remote, than go: Music - Now Playing, it show us only picture and station name.

Also bug with option menu:

Watch movie (xvid for example and sound in mpeg or something else) press option, on first icon that allow switch audio channels, it show: “No audio channel”

After moving on another icon and back to this - now it show correct info.
It looks like info for this menu doesn’t update at menu call, only after moving in this menu.
Same bug appear incase of zoom icon, when watching some lots of movies one by one (after pressing play on first). On first movie choose zoom 0.9, when player goes to second movies, press option and you will see zoom 0.9, but actualy zoom will be 1x. Movings to another icon and back allow it show correct info.

I won’t upgrade unti the VOB issues are fixed.  But, I am curious to know if this bug has been fixed:

When a video file is paused the screen saver does not come on.

I tried downgrading to the previous version, and my Videos share would still only show 128 files/folders max. I don’t think that was the case before, so I wonder what changed… But I solved the issue for now by breaking up my collection into a few different folders where the total is less than 128 each.

Small bug with playing .mts files. After 3-4 sec. playing screen paused. Files .mts from SONY HD camera.

“Play to…” functionality in W7 media player is not working with Firmware Version 1.04.22_V.

I rolled back to version 1.4.10 and it is working with that old firmware.

Anybody experience the Cant Play this file format…>??? error?

I get it with this new firmware and as soon as I go back and back in and select the file it plays fine.

One more item it seems the audio stops playing intermitantly.

I can pause and restart and it plays fine.

Both these issues are when watching through Playon something on Hulu or Crackle may happen other places too.

Not sure if there is any relation.

Did not have this issue with the last firmware.

reno727 wrote:

“Play to…” functionality in W7 media player is not working with Firmware Version 1.04.22_V.

I rolled back to version 1.4.10 and it is working with that old firmware.

“Play to” is working ok for me with Version 1.04.22_V

Still not working and not updated since 1,02,21 . I try to play " Gladiator.1080p.BluRay.x264-CHD.mkv " audio is : DTS-6channel . Video play very good but audio on DTS-6channels don’t play at all , no sound connected true HDMI cable from media player to TV Samsung LCD. Please fix this problem with next update. I waiting for this since 1.02.21

Thank you

I was wondering if there is an option/solution to fix the horizontal (left-right) positioning of my subtitles. For some reason my subtitles are off-centered (shifted about 2-2,5cm to the left) and I was wondering if this could be changed somehow.

I reflashed to 1.04.22_V manually and now “Play to” is working. Must have been some flashing hiccup with the first time around. I withdraw my complaint.

Thanks shavanni

sr056 wrote:

When using  FLINGO and videos on facebook , I do not get audio…

hi here, issue confirmed, and isn’t enough turn off the unit, you need unplug the power wait 30" and replug …

I do not think WD is a good choice for at media center! Accutally it is the WORST choice anyone can make when buyinig a media center!!

I have since november 2010 mailed with WD support because the movies KEEP stuttering, sound disapearing etc. They keep mailing me about new firmware new this new that…but nothing helps! I have come to the conclusion - WD do NOT have the tecnical skill to solve the problem! I wished I could turn back time choosed an AC Ryan box or another Media Center!

I do not understand how a company like Wester Digital just do not give a **bleep** about problems with thier box! They keep putting new possibleties into the software - EVEN when the basics on the old one does not work!! How bad can you treat your customers???

Even after installing the latest firmware ver. 1.4.22_v - nothing have changed!! Man I am getting to a point where someone should take the Western Digital to court for selling products that does not work!!! If you have a WD HD Live then sell it as fast as you can - if we keep WD box we will be the laughing stock of Western Digital!!

fls2002dk wrote:

… Man I am getting to a point where someone should take the Western Digital to court for selling products that does not work!!!

The vast majority of people that buy these products have no issues at all.  

Why do you?  Who knows. You have never asked for help here.

Your only other post was apparently deleted, probably for the same reason this last post will be… 

@fls2002dk You must be stupid right?I have these amazing box for more than 1 year and it plays everything fine.There are some minor problems but nothing important.I have about 800 movies in 720p-1080p and all play fine.Dts+ac3+truehd play fine too.The only requests are the dts-ma passthrough(but there isnt problem by wd but the DTS fault) and the flac passthrough fine with 96/192khz that i believe they will fix it in new firmwares.So i think you must do somewhere wrong.

fls2002dk wrote:

I do not think WD is a good choice for at media center! Accutally it is the WORST choice anyone can make when buyinig a media center!!

If you don’t like it, get something else. It was extremely cheap. It isn’t like you spent thousands of dollars on it. (Like the $800 I spent on my first DVD player)

Within 5 minutes of receiving it, I had it running. I’ve used it every day since (over a year and a half now) and have not had any issues worth mentioning.

I have a problem with the network settings for this version.

It rejects my normal fixed IP address with a “IP Address Is Not Valid” message.

The IP address is perfectly valid, it’s the same one i’ve been using since I connected the box to a network!

In case it’s relevant the IP address is 192.168.123.167.

Setting the network to Automatic works, but I prefer the fixed IP for my network.

derek_c wrote:

I have a problem with the network settings for this version.

It rejects my normal fixed IP address with a “IP Address Is Not Valid” message.

The IP address is perfectly valid, it’s the same one i’ve been using since I connected the box to a network!

In case it’s relevant the IP address is 192.168.123.167.

Setting the network to Automatic works, but I prefer the fixed IP for my network.

Normally, I think it’s better to have a DHCP server assign static IP addresses in a network (Only one DHCP server can be active in a network). Your router should have a DHCP server. Then all you do is give static IP addresses to all the devices in your network through your router’s web interface (you do this once) and set all the devices to obtain an IP number automatically. This also takes care of the subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server information. On the other hand, If you wanna give a static IP address manually to each device you have to turn off DHCP on the router.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with 192.168.123.167 but if it’s given to another device it will cause a conflict. So I would say check that the IP is unique for the device, the subnet mask is correct, and the DHCP is turned off on the router. If it still doesn’t work you may try doing a factory reset (all your settings will be lost) to get rid of stuck settings.   

How do you download back to firmware version 1.03.49? Is there a procedure on how to do this? 

nick6063 wrote:

How do you download back to firmware version 1.03.49? Is there a procedure on how to do this? 

Its all here - you must download the firmware from this page. Its been edited to allow easy rollback.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800