New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.22_V for WD TV Live (3/8/11)

Thank you. It would have taken me a great deal of time to find this procedure. Now I hope I do this properly!

This firmware reacts differently depending on whether you have the first or second generation of the ‘Live’ (the one that goes into full standby).

Good news! The second generation model does remember the color space setting, in fact I can see it switching to the correct setting a second after startup. Unfortunately the Ist generation model still does not remember (manually selected) color space when placed into standby (720p/60Hz/RGBLow). Although this is no longer a problem for me since I’ve just switched the WDTV’s around that feed the old DVI input projector and the TV.

Secondly, it now permanently remembers the position when a film was stopped. I presume it writes a small file to the USB device. Overall, very happy with the update. Thank you.

(PS Any chance of 1.3x zoom, or fit to screen?)

1 Like

Just confirming the problem mentioned before:

“Small bug with playing .mts files. After 3-4 sec. playing screen paused. Files .mts from SONY HD camera.”

also applies to .m2ts files from a Sony DSC-HX5 camera.

M2ts video files from the camera that are stored on the WDTV Live’s local hard drive start without sound for a few seconds, video then pauses as the sound starts, then video resumes once the sound has caught up.  Remainder of the video plays in sync without problems.

Movie files from a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 are unwatchble. It stutters a lot all the file/movie.

If some of the Western Team guys wants, I can upload a sample, just say where to.

I recently upgraded from WD TV Live HD Media Player firmware wdtvlive_1_02_21 to wdtvlive_1.04.22.
It looks better, but When a DVD5 is played, the video output freezes after 1 hour.
The WD TV Live is not hanging and you can go back in the menu, but when you click again on another VOB file,
it is stating that the filetype is not recognised and can not be played.

Skipping 5 minutes during Fast Forward does not work after 55 minutes.

Can confirm also a problem with m2ts files generated by Canon HF100…pauses…choppiness…especially if any editing or transitions applied…

I have the same problem with my Canon HF100 files. Used to show fine with previous versions of the firmware, but with 1.04.22 it starts with the video without sound, then stops and the sound starts. When sound catches up with the picture, then the rest of the video is fine with the sound in sync. But often home videos are small clips, so annoying that the next clip just does the same thing again and again…

Please WD get it fixed soon !!! Was one of the main reasons to buy this player.

But have to say that some of the other functions are getting better and better. Nice that we also can listen to NET radio now in Europe.

video_ts files (.vob) still stuttering and completely freezing up.

I have the same problem as you and also the same firmware (THE ONLY FIRMWARE THAT WORKS CORRECTLY)

Heliskier59 wrote:
Can confirm also a problem with m2ts files generated by Canon HF100…pauses…choppiness…especially if any editing or transitions applied…

This issue has been fixed in the latest firmware in testing.

When we can expect a new firmware?

Movies with DD True HD have no sound  via HDMI. My audio output setting is STEREO.

Can we expect fix for that?

style34 wrote:

Movies with DD True HD have no sound  via HDMI. My audio output setting is STEREO.

Can we expect fix for that?

No, unfortunately the WD TV does not have a license to downmix Dolby TrueHD to stereo. You need to either use a receiver that can decode TrueHD or reencode your content to use a different audio codec.

Hello, I have noticed that with the last update now my WD TV live, he does not read it reproduces .mpg, sera possibly that in the near update corriga this and it returns to be able to reproduce like towards before?. 

Since it designs me gustaria that in the paragraph of content of network, could add the social network Twitter. thank you

Hello, I have noticed that with the last update now my WD TV live, he does not read it reproduces .mpg, sera possibly that in the near update corriga this and it returns to be able to reproduce like towards before?.  Since it designs me gustaria that in the paragraph of content of network, could add the social network Twitter. thank you

Thanks for reply. Anyway most of the blue ray movies are in DTS so it is not a big deal. The auto frame rate detection is great functionality of course but it would be much better if the player pauses the video until switches to the right resolution. If it is possible of course. It is not a problem with movies but it is annoying with music videos because you miss the first few seconds of the song.

style34 wrote:

Thanks for reply. Anyway most of the blue ray movies are in DTS so it is not a big deal. The auto frame rate detection is great functionality of course but it would be much better if the player pauses the video until switches to the right resolution. If it is possible of course. It is not a problem with movies but it is annoying with music videos because you miss the first few seconds of the song.

We’re looking into it. I’m not sure if it’s technically possible.

Hi I’ve just installed the firmware and I’ve noticed the images shown with the Photo option are pixelated. They don’t show its full resolution.

Also 4:3 dvd isos, and vobs are shown in the incorrect aspect ratio. The TV automatically switches to “optimized” mode which fills the entire screen. Previously the tv kept itself in 16 : 9 mode and the video was shown with verticals bars.

Curiosly mpg files ripped from DVD in 4:3 format are shown correctly with vertical bars at the sides.

Thank you in advance, I hope WD Staff can solve these problems (and VOB stuttering)

In youtube’s playlists show “no content avaliable”.

Anybody experiencing network problems after this upgrade? My device won’t connect to network shares anymore (choosing ‘Network shares’) simply doesn’t do anything. Connectivity test was successful.

Thanks.

For anybody that has nework issues and uses  “Windows Live Sign In Assistant” - uninstall it.

If you use Avast - make sure to update to the latest PROGRAM version (not just the virus database). That is 6.0.1000.